Make your own laundry detergent.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember I live in the desert foothills here in the California mountains. We use a swamp cooler in the summer so clumping is not an issue for dry goods. If there are clumps I scoop them out and run them through the food processor.

View attachment 82980
I just purchased a 50# bag of each borax and washing soda - far less expensive than the boxes (can't remember sites - 2 different places.)
What is all the worry about stains, you are just wrecking good conversation starters,
From Hank FM "Those aren't pizza stains people! They are pizza memories." 😂

Roo is a lazy tween and throws her towels on the floor until K or I yell at her about it. Since she does her own laundry if she wants to wash towels and her clothing at the end of the week I say let her. The motivation for her doing her own laundry is she whines about not having clean clothing she has herself to blame.
Cause and effect is a powerful teacher for all ages. Good for you for "letting" her learn at a young age.

I just purchased a 50# bag of each borax and washing soda - far less expensive than the boxes (can't remember sites - 2 different places.)

From Hank FM "Those aren't pizza stains people! They are pizza memories." 😂

I have been trying to find an oxy powder in bulk that is not Oxyclean (has fillers).

I wash one load a day. Husband will use everything once. Jeans, insulated, underwear, socks, one or two tee shirts. Just me, one load a week unless washing sheets.

Reactions: Neb
I have been trying to find an oxy powder in bulk that is not Oxyclean (has fillers).
1648067017302.png

Don't know if you want the bleach one, but Azure Standard 50# for $73.
Otherwise, where I found it bulk was in janitor supply companies.

Reactions: Neb

I googled 'oxy-powder without fillers' and got a colon cleanser advertisement. 🤦‍♀️ I don't know how those are related!

Lol. I've seen Biokleen powder before, which is suppose to be all natural. Not sure if I've ever seen it in bulk though.

:brewing:I have a bit of a "silly" question, how would one keep oxygen in a powder, it would simply meld with the rest of the atmosphere, or are we using "New" science in which if one repeats something often enough it becomes fact??:brewing:

My DW use four items, but I forget what the fourth item is.
She use a five gallon bucket.

Latest posts

Back