More Wildlife Species Brought IntoFlorida From All Over

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Pictures of a few of our new residents.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...-asian-elephants-arrive-in-northeast-florida/

1620063698058.png

okapi,

1620063931084.png

Rhinos,

1620063987945.png

I'm glad the animals finally have a good home and out of the cages in zoos,but I hope they don't get loose like the pythons,monkeys , 3 ft lizards did.
On the bright side, we can go on safari without leaving the farm.
Check out these monkeys we have here in our swamps,ain't they cute ?

Now these aren't so cute,and they are killing off many native animals like Key Deer and others.They have no preditors here so they are multiplying faster than the hunters can kill them.

Of course wild animals won't do nearly the damage humans have done to this place.
Farmers and ranchers have polluted our waters. I wish more people would stand up or at least grow and raise some of their own food like most of many of yall here do. I've been telling the grandkids to learn to grow too_One of my great grand kids a 8 year old is learning to raise chuckens now. Wish we were closer and xould teach them more.

You're gonna need a bigger gun!

This is depressing but not talking about it is just making it worse.
Yes but not for long if the worst preditors aka humans don't stop with there destruction.A couple years aago people were sick and dogs dropping dead i nminutes after drinking the water.

They are about to let loose some of the toxic water in Lake Okeechobe

Last edited:
When the toons let loose all that algae its back to bad news,Florida sits on top of a swamp,aka as water. Our aquifers aren't that far down.
Watch the videos they are just 2 minutes long.

They did this to the lake to stop its natural flo from drowning sugar beets from flooding.A huge sugar farm owned by a forighner that keeps out poliicians in his toxic pocket. Copr Of Engineers made a desaster out of alreasy bad situation.
Built canals going east and west dumping toxins into the Gulf and Atlantic oceans.

Built canals going east and west dumping toxins into the Gulf and Atlantic oceans.
I thought we were talking about elephants and rhinos?
The algae bloom happens every year. :rolleyes:

Stopping the natural flow into the Everglades has caused this algae problem.Directing the flow of water east and west with canals has caused this problem.

I thought we were talking about elephants and rhinos?
The algae bloom happens every year. :rolleyes:

We are talking about animals and their habitats too. SuperV with all due respect you have no idea what your talking about, I've been in Florida all my life off ans on and lived here most of my life aand algae was not a problem till the carpetbaggers came and took over our resources for profit.I'm all for profit long as we all profit.
I put up information and some don't read it yet comment on a subject they know nothing about. We can argue till the ' polluting cows :D come home but we can't change the facts.

. SuperV with all due respect you have no idea what your talking about, .
That is correct.
And you did troll me in with the Okapi.
nod.gif

I had to look them up.
Even though 'they got the look', they are not related to Zebras.
If I had known this was just another cloaked "environmental pollution" rant, I would have just let it alone.

That is correct.
And you did troll me in with the Okapi.View attachment 65462
I had to look them up.
Even though 'they got the look', they are not related to Zebras.
If I had known this was just another cloaked "environmental pollution" rant, I would have just let it alone.

I understand what your saying but poimt was I'm glad these poor animals aren't in circus or cages now they will have a problem with resources if we keep exploiting the resources that keep them and us alive.
Thes large animals drink alot of water,we have buffalo here too at the praries.
I put up SHORT videos so yall can get info without spending alot of time.

Nope.
Back to pollution and the toxic algae blooms.
I thought we already
bdh.gif
before:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/new-laws-address-floridas-algae-pythons-iguanas-sea-levels.10763/post-279785

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/florida-toxic-waters-could-get-worse.4537/post-104382

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/wheres-the-epa-florida-toxic-waters.2695/

Front Porch Chit Chat

2018:
Mostly the green algae slime is in the triburaries 'spl' but from Lake Okeechobee on down south it is terrible. So far St Johns around Jax is ok. The Corp of Engineers and florid politicians have created a disaster here in Florida, they are destroying all the natural springs up north and central Florida and now have turned central and south into a poison slime pit. All for the love of a dollar, the sugar corporations stopped the drain of Lake Okeechobee into the Everglades and directed into the east and west coast.
Sold off our natural springs to foreign Nestles and domestic Coca Cola bottling companies. But the only thing going here is the damn ball games while Florida dies. The anti American kneeling Jaguar jocks is where most peoples attention is at so when we formed groups to Save Our Springs it was not that many who gave a damn.
I do need to stop letting any of the thigns going on bother me though.

Gov.Rick Scott is in the pockets of lobbyist,imo.

Last edited:

:LOL:See you can take only so much of a good thing.Too much about one concentrated subject with no tributaries is boring,huh? Good thing I got the message out ,huh? You think they got it yet? Can't say I didn't try.

" Let em eat cake "after the forest burn up thats all they;ll have anyway. Well @Supervisor42 how did you like the flying monkeys?
I saw them last time you posted them. Good thing they are "protected" by Florida laws... just like the pythons. ;)
If you have laws protecting invasive species, don't complain when you are up to your hiney in them:rolleyes:
Now back to the toxic algae blooms (called 'the red tide' throughout history).
It's a good thing that environmentalists or pollution wasn't around in 1844 or 1953-1955.
Those were bad.
A brief 2-1/2 minute Florida history lesson:

(oh I forgot, I have no idea what I'm talking about:rolleyes:)

I saw them last time you posted them. Good thing they are "protected" by Florida laws... just like the pythons. ;)
If you have laws protecting invasive species, don't complain when you are up to your hiney in them:rolleyes:
Now back to the toxic algae blooms (called 'the red tide' throughout history).
It's a good thing that environmentalists or pollution wasn't around in 1844 or 1953-1955.
Those were bad.
A brief 2-1/2 minute Florida history lesson:

(oh I forgot, I have no idea what I'm talking about:rolleyes:)

This algae is not Red Tide,it a whole other form of biology. Red Tide may come back and join it again but so far it is all an INLAND thing not coming in from the ocean at all.

This algae is not Red Tide,it a whole other form of biology. Red Tide may come back and join it again but so far it is all an INLAND thing not coming in from the ocean at all.
Oh, INLAND!
You mean like the algae that is growing on the front of my truck!
(No, it is not mold. Mold is grey. That is definitely green.)
When y'all find a solution, I could sure use some. :thumbs:
IMG_20210503_170147.jpg

My van is a 1995 so its probably as old as some of them retired circus elephants.:D

Ok @Supervisor42 where you at, are thru highjacking a thread my thread yet😍? Just kidding of course Ilike you and Bill Nye the science guy ,I learn from yall.:thumbs:.

I may go to see our new residents here sometime soon. But first I want to go fishingig the 'Red Tide' hasn't choked the fish to death yet.Plus algae,double whammy,huh?

Latest posts

Back