Mr. Planty the Pothos

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the two local colleges get out in the spring, you can drive around and see piles of stuff laying out by the curb of the rental houses and apartments. There are usually a lot of semi-dead plants in those piles.

Can you or anyone else tell me how to care for the Christmas poinsettia. I've always tossed them because they die and I don't know how to care for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 2472 View attachment 2473 View attachment 2474 View attachment 2475 View attachment 2476 View attachment 2477 View attachment 2478 I like to consider my self to have a bit of a green thumb in the garden, But with house plants I'm clueless. I only had the one I've I cut from my dad's plant till we bought this place. Then I inherited several plants my mom didn't take.

I asked her what they were and she doesn't know. Lol. So this is three plants with various views do if anyone out there knows what they are and the best way to care for them I'd really appreciate it. The last pic especially, is a pic of these furry shoots that grow off this plant but no leaves come off them . My mom said she would just cut them off. When they got too long.

I'm not really recognizing your plants, but they kind of look like they need to either be re-potted or put outside when your weather permits. Maybe some one else will come along soon with ideas.

Can you or anyone else tell me how to care for the Christmas poinsettia. I've always tossed them because they die and I don't know how to care for them.

They are perinials so they will last if protected from hard freeze. Just don't over water or over feed. We have some that are 10 years old. Transplant every couple years into new soil. Don't like alot of nitrogen.

They are perinials so they will last if protected from hard freeze. Just don't over water or over feed. We have some that are 10 years old. Transplant every couple years into new soil. Don't like alot of nitrogen.
I'm keeping in a room with less heat. So far it's a little sparse but alive.

I have never had one, but I do know that in Southern Cali and in Mexico, they grow to become trees as tall as houses. They really should last, but I am not sure how.

View attachment 2472 View attachment 2473 View attachment 2474 View attachment 2475 View attachment 2476 View attachment 2477 View attachment 2478 I like to consider my self to have a bit of a green thumb in the garden, But with house plants I'm clueless. I only had the one I've I cut from my dad's plant till we bought this place. Then I inherited several plants my mom didn't take.

I asked her what they were and she doesn't know. Lol. So this is three plants with various views do if anyone out there knows what they are and the best way to care for them I'd really appreciate it. The last pic especially, is a pic of these furry shoots that grow off this plant but no leaves come off them . My mom said she would just cut them off. When they got too long.
The plant that is second and third from the bottom is a type of fern. I have never had that type of fern, but have had others. They never grow well for me, with dry heat blowing in my home. They need humid air. Ferns are best in bathrooms, but my bathroom is on the north end of my house and always pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back