My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rang up to make an appointment excited to see my Radio Oncologist to make a PET scan appointment only to be told he had transferred to a larger facility down south.
It hit me HARD!
Out of the blue I got a bit weepy - this doctor saved my life and it just didn't occur to me that he wouldn't be there
when I got what is going to be a very important PET scan.
Also my referral had lapsed and I had to go back to my GP to renew it.
They did, however make me an appointment with the new Oncologist.
I looked him up.
HHHHHMMMMMM........
South African.
Bugger.
Every South African and German medical professional I've ever been in contact with has been an ass and
their bedside manner has been as gentle and as tactful as a punch in the throat.
The Dutch side of my family are very similar so, luckily I have experience wrangling arseholes.
Oh well more hoops to jump through.
Deal with a pinhead GP surgery receptionist to see a pinhead GP to see a new...iffy Oncologist
in an effort to get a PET scan to see how well the modified Tippen's Protocol worked.
I know it's been a few days since you've posted this, but I've had a very good experience w/ a SA doc. in a very tough situation. Hoping yours is/was a good experience.

I know it's been a few days since you've posted this, but I've had a very good experience w/ a SA doc. in a very tough situation. Hoping yours is/was a good experience.

Today's drama is with a GP that needs to refer me to the SA Oncologist.
I already have the Oncologist appointment booked but the red tape - a re-referal needs to be made.
My Oncologists appointment is next week.

I'm sore.
I'm tired.
I'm irritated.
I can't take pain killers because that would be grossly negligent of me to drive in a drugged state.
It's every bit as bad as driving drunk and I utterly dispise drunk drivers.

Today's drama is with a GP that needs to refer me to the SA Oncologist.
I already have the Oncologist appointment booked but the red tape - a re-referal needs to be made.
My Oncologists appointment is next week.

I'm sore.
I'm tired.
I'm irritated.
I can't take pain killers because that would be grossly negligent of me to drive in a drugged state.
It's every bit as bad as driving drunk and I utterly dispise drunk drivers.
All I can do is send up a prayer Tank. Wish there was some way you could be rid of pain. Praying for effective and efficient relief and solutions 🙏

Still trying to figure out my diet.
Being torn in a few different directions and my Pelvic Radiation Disease making life extremely difficult to find something that will keep me nourished, put some weight back on me but won't effect my bowels and have me in agony.
Trying to "starve cancer" when you have all these other treatment related issues on top of it.
I have tried almost every sugar substitute out there and they all taste horrible and they all give me the runs.
I've cutout the real sugar and it's making me miserable and the fake sugar is making me miserable.
At the moment I'm sitting down to a frozen banana, frozen mango, frozen pineapple, soy greek yoghurt and almond milk smoothie.
It's not bad and the frozen fruit gives it a ice cream like consistency.

From the best I can work out the best diet is low GI with fish as the protein.

I really want a bloody huge steak and a bowl of ravioli bolognese topped with a lake of triple cheese bechamle sauce, slightly browned and crisped on top under the broiler.
Hopefully someday you can have that! 😊

Another attack of Pevlic radiation disease and the sheer agony that goes with it.
Back on the Apple Cider Vinegar caps and the clear fluids which is a bit terrifying.
I can't really afford to lose any more weight.
My prayers are with you,

Thank you for all your prayers my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

I've been taking the Apple Cider Vinegar caps and clear fluids and the pain has eased right off.
The lymphedema pain in my right groin/thigh and knee has eased significantly with the leg stretches and short walks.
May you get some rest!! ♥️

Screenshot_20221027_191442_Chrome.jpg

My Beautiful Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

The new Oncologist is a ROCKSTAR!

Completely different style to the last one but extremely open to "other" treatments.
I told him the protocols I put myself on but I asked him not to put it in my files.

I got my referral to get the PET scan but I also need a blood test to check my kidney function before my PET scan.
The imaging suite has yet to get back to me with a time and date that the PET scan will happen.

All and ALL a awesome and epic experience and he 100% approved of my fighting spirit.

My Beautiful Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

The new Oncologist is a ROCKSTAR!

Completely different style to the last one but extremely open to "other" treatments.
I told him the protocols I put myself on but I asked him not to put it in my files.

I got my referral to get the PET scan but I also need a blood test to check my kidney function before my PET scan.
The imaging suite has yet to get back to me with a time and date that the PET scan will happen.

All and ALL a awesome and epic experience and he 100% approved of my fighting spirit.
How comforting to have someone in that position on your side 💕
Also glad to hear your pain has backed off.

Yay! I've had my blood test done to check my kidney function and I have my PET scan appointment next Tuesday.

It's a 5 hour round trip but there is good mobile phone coverage.
I'm feeling very positive and uplifted.

Praise God.
And when things are going in a positive direction it's better for the body as well as the mind! 😊

Latest posts

Back