Natural Gas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We heat our home with natural gas. Over the past month our gas bill has nearly doubled. This is back to back Winter months, so I don't think it is weather related. I know this administration is waging war against fossil fuels, but has anybody else seen this kind of increase in gas prices?

We heat only with wood, but I know my clients in town are all griping about ridiculous natural gas prices!! There are a lot of natural gas pipelines going in here in Texas. Several people I know that work in that industry say they are building pipelines waiting for our current (so called) leaders to get out of office!! They will be ready when the drilling starts!?

My NG fuel prices have doubled in the last year. You get what:horsie: you vote for.
Maybe that is the real reason JB halted LNG exports.
You gotta keep the voters in Cali happy ;).
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-hits-pause-approvals-liquified-natural-gas-exports-rcna135831
01-26-24: WASHINGTON — The Biden administration is pausing approvals of pending applications for liquefied natural gas exports to countries with which the United States does not have free trade agreements, citing environmental concerns related to climate change as a key reason for the move.

I have a family member that lives in upstate NY (Buffalo area). Gas bill is pretty stable at around $80/month which isn't bad considering the location being snow country.

Mine was more than 5 times that. Last month it was only 3 times that. I am not a happy camper.

We are lucky that we have NG where we live in the middle of 40 acres with the nearest neighbor almost 1/2 mile from us. That neighbor had 5 acres of greenhouses and many years ago paid for a NG line to come out this way from the nearest city. With that said, we don't use much NG. Our primary heat source is firewood. But, we do use NG in the morning to quickly heat the house. We also use NG for clothes dryer, range/oven, and hot water heater.

At any rate, I looked at our NG bills for the last three years. The cost per therm is given below. This cost includes all the add-ons like taxes and fees.
Jan 2024 - $1.02/therm
Jan 2023 - $1.47/therm
Jan 2022 - $1.17/therm

So, in my case. the NG price appears to be less compared to past years.

Latest posts

Back