New Here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiwall

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Thought I would just follow along over here and see what's what. I hope I can make a little input that might help others occasionally.
Recently moved to the White Mountains in Arizona. Yes this morning there was a dusting of snow on the ground.
I enjoy hiking, which will likely be put on hold mostly until spring. Though my wife and I have had gardens and farm animals in the past we will likely pass on that now. I have found it easier just to buy my groceries rather than raise or grow them.

@Amish Heart yes me too and I think I know why is that when any of my friends come over here they keep telling me how tidy our home is. Secretly I just don't tell them that I cannot stand disorganisation and dirt. By what I mean by dirt is not vacuuming the carpets for 6 or more months and not being able to discern what colour the inside of the toilet is :confused: . DH and I bailed after 1.5 hours and cleaning 3 rooms after they told us they cleaned them.

I was in a weird situation trying to help an old friend who was a hoarder type. It was bad enough that she had too much stuff, but it was filthy dirty. My oldest daughter and I went to help her clean out for a day, and really didn't make much headway. She was a nervous wreck whenever we threw out anything, even obvious trash, and would race to the garbage to see what we through in. She had issues, and I really felt bad for her. Another problem was three big dogs and 2 cats and all their indoor nastiness. Her mom eventually built on an apartment to their house and had her move in. It was kept clean because her mom would come over and inspect it each day. I couldn't stand to live in that mess!

@AmishHeart I relate to that kind of filth unfortunately. This friend is somewhat slower mentally than she should be and so are her children so a lot of us have been supporting her over the years. She did get slightly better for a while when a community organisation came in to teach her how to organise herself but sadly she slipped back into her old ways. Other friends helped her cull items at a garage sale she had last weekend, she also had a lot of clutter too prior to this.

Latest posts

Back