News lately RE: Inflation at new highs. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4.29 for my diesel. The pump always shuts off at a $100. Sometimes that’s my tractor fuel too cause I can’t get off road around here.
Let’s go Brandon and a new chant- let’s go Newscum......

Saw on the news prices are expected to continue rising till at least the first of the year. Also read a story about Venezuela and the people are using gold for transactions. Shaving little bits off of coins and jewelry. Their bouliva is near worthless now. I feel a little bit guilty about being concerned about my nest eggs value in retirement when the majority of the world struggles for their next meal. No matter how bad things get don’t forget to be greatful for what you do have.

It's ok to be concerned about your own nest egg's value. You need to be able to take care of yourself and your family. You are the breadwinner and earned that money. Fretting about the whole world's problems will not solve yours.
I'm wondering what you read in the news that prices are rising until the first of the year. Wondering what is going on in the first of the year that will make them stop rising?
Maybe we won't have any more money at the first of the year. Maybe no more product?
Doubtful the govt will get it's act together and end fiat money printing and eliminate inflation in what, 12 weeks time? Not happening. The news is not being truthful.

It's ok to be concerned about your own nest egg's value. You need to be able to take care of yourself and your family. You are the breadwinner and earned that money. Fretting about the whole world's problems will not solve yours.
I'm wondering what you read in the news that prices are rising until the first of the year. Wondering what is going on in the first of the year that will make them stop rising?
Maybe we won't have any more money at the first of the year. Maybe no more product?
Doubtful the govt will get it's act together and end fiat money printing and eliminate inflation in what, 12 weeks time? Not happening. The news is not being truthful.
The news has never been truthful, if you go back to 1969 when the Vietnamese war was going on the new only told people what they wanted them to know, the dems want to crash the economy and start the great new green reset. That will put all of us in the poor house fore sure.

The news has never been truthful, if you go back to 1969 when the Vietnamese war was going on the new only told people what they wanted them to know, the dems want to crash the economy and start the great new green reset. That will put all of us in the poor house fore sure.
I remember it well. In fact I remember when Walter Cronkite changed into a Democrat Party mouthpiece and started slanting the news. I detected the shift myself.

They didn’t say prices would go down, just that they would continue to rise till at least the end of the year. I actually agree that it’s likely to continue through 2022.
I’m not actually very worried about my retirement, mostly just thinking aloud about being positive and remembering to be greatful for what we do have compared to the rest of the world.

As far as the government printing fiat money to no end, they can’t actually print as much as they are spending. They just add zeros to computers now. The amount of paper and ink alone would be too much along with the shear size of mountains of 100$ bills. I’m actually surprised they don’t want to bring back the 10,000$ bill or even a 100,000$ one. Those were gotten rid of to slow money laundering and crime supposedly.

Off topic but the 100,000$ bills were never meant for the public but were only for federal bank transfers. They did have circulating 10,000, 5,000 and 1,000 dollar bills though. You can buy those at coin shows and likely eBay now. The 10,000$ bill never got much use as it was made during the depression and was more than most families were worth by far. As a contractor I worked at a lot of banks. I would hear about the tellers getting a 1,000$ bill occasionally. They would take them at face value from some old person that had no clue they were collectible and worth a lot more than that. The banks sent them in to the federal reserve to be destroyed unfortunately.

This is a great time to buy used exercise gear, pushbikes, electric assist, gym equipment. The online sites are full of them, people who bought in the lockdowns and then never used them much. You have to do your research, know the brands and quality but if you have always wanted to get into fitness it's a great time. Personally the best deals on home gyms are in the older ones with genuine Steel weights. Look for real steel.

A tip setting up a home gym, don't just stick in the dusty old corner of the downstairs room, set it up in pride of place somewhere and make the surroundings airy and bright. It will be more attractive to go there in such a case. Having a big fan helps too in the summer months. I'm talking about the All-in-one units with cabling here, total old school gym junkies need not apply.

This is a great time to buy used exercise gear, pushbikes, electric assist, gym equipment. The online sites are full of them, people who bought in the lockdowns and then never used them much. You have to do your research, know the brands and quality but if you have always wanted to get into fitness it's a great time. Personally the best deals on home gyms are in the older ones with genuine Steel weights. Look for real steel.

A tip setting up a home gym, don't just stick in the dusty old corner of the downstairs room, set it up in pride of place somewhere and make the surroundings airy and bright. It will be more attractive to go there in such a case. Having a big fan helps too in the summer months. I'm talking about the All-in-one units with cabling here, total old school gym junkies need not apply.
Saw lots of down at the city dump this morning. Looked like a lot of hard breathing with much payoff at the end

In my last house I had a complete gym set up filled with commercial type exercise equipment and lots of free weights. The wife and I used it a lot. When we moved I kept the free weights and the wife wanted the treadmill.
But really just day to day living here gives us all the exercise that we need, too much sometimes.

But really just day to day living here gives us all the exercise that we need, too much sometimes.

I hear ya! That's one reason I moved off the property and bought in a small town, I had 100 acres, only 2 cleared, but the fallen branches on the tracks, the water and power infrastructure, cutting firewood, killing invasive plants, fence maintenance, the long drives to get "Anything". I managed it but I could see myself 10 years down the track struggling with it all and I couldn't devise a plan that didn't include endless work so I bailed.

I have the offgrid power and water here in the new place but it's hobby stuff, so nice to have the grid bring in power and buy my excess, so nice to have a hose that never runs dry and fences you can forget about. Life on the land is hard, it's no wonder so many farms are run down. I used to wonder about those but not anymore. It's just great to be able to ring up and order a pizza lol.

Latest posts

Back