Now For Some Good News Stories

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wisconsin makes it 16 states calming for a convention of states!

See here

We need 34

Ben
Explain to me why this could only be a good thing and not a bad thing. A Constitutional Convention could result in tossing the existing Constitution and Bill of Rights and whipping up something else. Do you believe we have at our disposal today people who are better at phrasing legislation than the Founding Fathers were? By that, I mean that they could, for example, rewrite the second amendment in such a way that the intent could not be misinterpreted in any way, ever?

Were we not already over the precipice and in free-fall, the idea of a CC would scare the **** out of me.

Explain to me why this could only be a good thing and not a bad thing. A Constitutional Convention could result in tossing the existing Constitution and Bill of Rights and whipping up something else. Do you believe we have at our disposal today people who are better at phrasing legislation than the Founding Fathers were? By that, I mean that they could, for example, rewrite the second amendment in such a way that the intent could not be misinterpreted in any way, ever?

Were we not already over the precipice and in free-fall, the idea of a CC would scare the **** out of me.

That right there is the reason I don't ever want the convention to happen.

Fair enough. I will offer 2.

1)
The reps from each state will be empowered with specific tasks depending on what the state determines. They could be limited to term limits, balanced budget, clarifying the commerce clause, repeal the 17th amendment,... Other states could give 5heir delegates unfettered power.

2)
Whatever the results of the convention has to be ratified by 34 states. Do you 5hink the voters in 34 states will go along with tossing the second amendment?

The founding fathers included article V to address an out of control federal government. We have an opportunity to fix what wrong.

Ben

Having observed our "governing bodies" over the last years, I doubt their ability to form a coherent thought, let alone modify the constitution that has has worked for centuries.

Reforms could be done through thoughtful legislation and judicial adherence to the current constitution.

Having observed our "governing bodies" over the last years, I doubt their ability to form a coherent thought, let alone modify the constitution that has has worked for centuries.

Reforms could be done through thoughtful legislation and judicial adherence to the current constitution.
It will only be as good as the reps appointed by the states.

Article V at least gives us hope that the status quo doesn't can not be fixed.

So it offers a glimmer of hope so good news!

Ben

Nebraska makes it 17... Half way there!

From an email...

"
BREAKING NEWS: The Nebraska legislature just passed the Convention of States Resolution calling for an Article V Convention to place limits on the runaway power of the federal government!

That makes Nebraska the 17th state to join the movement, putting us halfway to the required 34 states needed to call the convention. The Senate voted overwhelmingly in our favor -- 32 YAYS - 11 NAYS.

Momentum is building.

Earlier this week, Wisconsin passed the COS Resolution, becoming state #16, and the South Dakota House passed the Resolution, moving it to the Senate for consideration. ...
"

Ben

Todays update on COS.

January 25, Wisconsin became the 16th state to pass the Convention of States Resolution after succeeding in several committee and two full chamber votes.

On January 25, the South Dakota House passed the Convention of States Resolution, and it's now being considered by the Senate.

On January 28, Nebraska became the 17th state to pass the Convention of States Resolution after last year's "Miracle in Nebraska" saved the Resolution from committee and put it in front of the full chamber.

On February 2, the Massachusetts Joint Committee on Federal and State Affairs reported our Resolution favorably.

On February 3, the Iowa 3-person subcommittee of the Senate State Government Committee reported our Resolution favorably.

On February 7, our sponsors in South Dakota saved our Resolution from committee in a successful "smoke out" maneuver.

On February 7, the Pennsylvania Senate State Government Committee reported our Resolution favorably by a 7-4 vote.

Ben, this is just the beginning.

We’ve received intel that tomorrow afternoon, the South Dakota Senate will take a final vote on the COS Resolution.

If we pass, that will make them the 18th state to pass the COS Resolution! Remember, it only takes 34 states to call the convention

Ben

Todays update on COS.

January 25, Wisconsin became the 16th state to pass the Convention of States Resolution after succeeding in several committee and two full chamber votes.

On January 25, the South Dakota House passed the Convention of States Resolution, and it's now being considered by the Senate.

On January 28, Nebraska became the 17th state to pass the Convention of States Resolution after last year's "Miracle in Nebraska" saved the Resolution from committee and put it in front of the full chamber.

On February 2, the Massachusetts Joint Committee on Federal and State Affairs reported our Resolution favorably.

On February 3, the Iowa 3-person subcommittee of the Senate State Government Committee reported our Resolution favorably.

On February 7, our sponsors in South Dakota saved our Resolution from committee in a successful "smoke out" maneuver.

On February 7, the Pennsylvania Senate State Government Committee reported our Resolution favorably by a 7-4 vote.

Ben, this is just the beginning.

We’ve received intel that tomorrow afternoon, the South Dakota Senate will take a final vote on the COS Resolution.

If we pass, that will make them the 18th state to pass the COS Resolution! Remember, it only takes 34 states to call the convention

Ben
We're gaining momentum.

We have been raising a kiddo we found on the street when he was eight and thru a lot of good people and some miracles we got permanent legal custody of him and kept his meth head birth mother from harming him anymore.
Well it has been a struggle getting him thru school and covid was a really damaging thing for him and other kids.
But we got him in a special program where the kids study carpentry and assorted life skills and for a half day they do academics and study for their high school diploma. The cool thing is they give the students a stipend if they attend every day and on time. they also get a bonus for every accreditation they earn like osha and first aid. The teachers only have a job next year if they have successful students.....no tenured dead beats.
Seven months of 8 to 4 every day and he just passed his high school tests. And this week started a part time job.
Now that is good news

Maybe not as heart-felt as Bill's but Canada has rescinded the border crossing mandates for the truckers and will be doing away with all the covid mandates in the next three weeks!

We have been raising a kiddo we found on the street when he was eight and thru a lot of good people and some miracles we got permanent legal custody of him and kept his meth head birth mother from harming him anymore.
Well it has been a struggle getting him thru school and covid was a really damaging thing for him and other kids.
But we got him in a special program where the kids study carpentry and assorted life skills and for a half day they do academics and study for their high school diploma. The cool thing is they give the students a stipend if they attend every day and on time. they also get a bonus for every accreditation they earn like osha and first aid. The teachers only have a job next year if they have successful students.....no tenured dead beats.
Seven months of 8 to 4 every day and he just passed his high school tests. And this week started a part time job.
Now that is good news

That is a wonderful story, Bill. God Bless you for taking the child in, and sticking with it to see him succeed. I'm sure there were tough times. I don't know why more schools don't offer that type of program. Not everybody is cut out to learn from books and classrooms, and not everybody is going to be a scholar. Practical skills are critically important.

I have a very close friend and neighbor who struggled to get through High School; C student at best. He became an apprentice machinist, and it was like the lights were turned on. When he could see the practical applications of how the math worked he took to it like a duck to water. He was a very successful machinist and stayed with the company until he retired 40 years later.

...not everybody is going to be a scholar. Practical skills are critically important.

I have a very close friend and neighbor who struggled to get through High School; C student at best. He became an apprentice machinist, and it was like the lights were turned on. When he could see the practical applications of how the math worked he took to it like a duck to water. He was a very successful machinist and stayed with the company until he retired 40 years later.
I had that 'lights turned on' moment when I discovered that I could easily do things that others found impossible (non-physical).
Especially when it came to thinking up a new design for something that didn't work worth a flip.
My highest accolade was when the factory flew 2 engineers down to see 'what tha-heck' an $8 solution to a 30-year-old design problem looked like:oops:.
...Today I live in obscurity because there is still a price on my head because of what I can do.
I'm good with that.:thumbs:

I had that 'lights turned on' moment when I discovered that I could easily do things that others found impossible (non-physical).
Especially when it came to thinking up a new design for something that didn't work worth a flip.
My highest accolade was when the factory flew 2 engineers down to see 'what tha-heck' an $8 solution to a 30-year-old design problem looked like:oops:.
...Today I live in obscurity because there is still a price on my head because of what I can do.
I'm good with that.:thumbs:
I fixed an ANSPS-58a radar with parts I scavenged out of a defunct analog fire context radar. It was the only fully functional system on the east coast. Along with figuring out the IFF worked fine if it was plugged into 5he right bulkhead connector. The factory rep had to visit to learn what made it work.

That fix helped an ammunition oiler earn a Battle E award.

Ben

Yep, that came through yesterday. Also, low priority health procedures can be done again - not sure if you saw that yet.
I did! We are at only 10% of our heart surgeries - things are about to get really busy again. I’m hoping they open up our 4th doc surge team again. It’s good though, there are a lot of people who need surgery- we need to staff up and get it done.

We just met a like minded Doctor who left Canada where they were requiring the jab in order to work. Montana has been one of the only states that does not have a mandate. So the good news is we now know a doctor who we will cultivate as a friend and compatriot.

And West Virginia makes it 18!

Cut n paste from email...

"

West Virginia is #18! Both House and Senate pass Convention of States Resolution in a single day
Have you heard?

Yesterday morning, the West Virginia State House passed the Convention of States Resolution on an overwhelming -- and bipartisan! -- 77-19-4 vote.

Then, less than one hour later, the state Senate passed the Resolution on a voice vote, making West Virginia the 18th state in history to pass the Convention of States Resolution!
"

Ben

About a month ago...

My eldest granddaughter who is a big girl was being subjected to the cruelty of teen age girls for her body during lunch at school. A harasser, noticing my granddaughter's belly was touching the table, was bumping the table and laughing at my granddaughters belly jiggling.

My granddaughters BFF got up and beat the hell out the harasser. The BFF was picked up by her parents after being suspended and they ...

Took her out for ice cream for doing the right thing.

Ben

PS
Some people are raising their kids right.

Son was a High School junior. He witness a senior bullying a handicap student. When the senior ignored my son’s orders to stop, my son threw the senior across a cafeteria table. Proud of my son.

South Carolina may be number 19.

"
And right now, South Carolina is poised to become state #19 to join the call for a Convention of States. Remember, it only takes 34 states to call the convention and propose amendments that put D.C. back in its constitutional box!

Our team has been working around the clock and has made tremendous progress in securing support within the state. The COS Resolution has already had favorable votes in both the House and Senate, and now it will return to the SC House for one final vote.

If we win that vote, the Resolution will be sent to the Governor for final approval — a unique procedure required by the South Carolina Constitution.

We expect the House vote to take place by the beginning of April, so our team is leveraging tactical strategies to ensure a favorable vote in a matter of weeks.

"

Ben

"
And right now, South Carolina is poised to become state #19 to join the call for a Convention of States. Remember, it only takes 34 states to call the convention and propose amendments that put D.C. back in its constitutional box!

Our team has been working around the clock and has made tremendous progress in securing support within the state. The COS Resolution has already had favorable votes in both the House and Senate, and now it will return to the SC House for one final vote.

If we win that vote, the Resolution will be sent to the Governor for final approval — a unique procedure required by the South Carolina Constitution.

We expect the House vote to take place by the beginning of April, so our team is leveraging tactical strategies to ensure a favorable vote in a matter of weeks.

"

Ben
For some reason I thought we had twenty-something already.

"

"

Ben
Okay, I found this - some in limbo:
https://conventionofstates.com/stat...he-convention-of-states-article-v-application

Latest posts

Back