October 4th. What’s really going on?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claims of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) conducting a nationwide test in the US on Wednesday, 4 October 2023 have spread like wildfire online. Some netizens are claiming that they will be shutting off their phones to not take part in the test while others are simply sharing their own conspiracy theories about the situation.

It has been confirmed that the FEMA will certainly be carrying out tests for their Emergency Alert System and their Wireless Emergency Alert on the aforementioned date. It has also been revealed that it will take place at approximately 10:20 am AKT.

People nationwide will be receiving a notification on their cell phones alongside the television and the radio.

Expand Tweet
Explaining the reason behind the test, FEMA revealed that an alert will be sent to every mobile decide in the nation to ensure that:

“the systems continue to be effective means of warning the public about emergencies, particularly those on the national level.”
The test is to take place for approximately thirty minutes. People will be receiving messages on their mobile phones that read:

“THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”
Those listening to the television or radio will also receive a message that will state:

“This is a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, covering the United States from 14:20 to 14:50 hours ET. This is only a test. No action is required by the public.”
It has been confirmed that no person living in the United States will have to register to take part in the test. Everyone can continue to use their devices as normal as soon as the test is done.

Conspiracy theories about FEMA’s 4 October test erupt online​

Many netizens have expressed weariness over FEMA’s test. YouTuber Offgrid Secrets claimed that the test might put people’s health at risk. He said in the video:

“I’m no scientist but I don’t know the effect of having multiple of millions of people up to four hundreds and millions of people having their phones ringing at the same time over a 30-minute period. I don’t know what that will do… there have been studies that show mobile phone and Wi-Fi radiation can affect them [insects] and disturb their circadian rhythms and immune system function. So, it could be catastrophic trying to use everyone’s phone at the exact same time for not only human health potentially but insects, birds, bees things like that so that’s my prediction.”

Mom watches TV but I don't. The only time I listen to radio is in the truck and most days I go nowhere. I'll try to remember to shut off the phone.

You probably already know October 4 they will be sending an emergency “test” message to every phone radio and tv in the nation..

What are they preparing for or distracting us from?

What’s your thoughts ?
I thought we already had a thread on this?
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/nationwide-emergency-alert-test-planned-for-oct-4-2023.19117/post-577685
Maybe this thread is about how ringing every 5G phone at the same time will kill all the birds? :rolleyes:

I'm sure they will know who has their phone turned off. When they get the numbers reported they will have a good idea how many people don't trust them.

My phone is a 3G or 4G but I'll take the battery out anyway.

BULLSPIT!!
I really like the panic-rumor spreading about how everybody's phone will be locked up until they reply to the warning text...
That is priceless!!! :LOL:

I really like the panic-rumor spreading about how everybody's phone will be locked up until they reply to the warning text...
Is that a promise? I hate cell phones!

That is exactly what happened here. The phone was locked and kept ringing even though it was on silent. Until OK was pressed, the phone was useless. Maybe they aren't going to follow the same game plan down south.

Care to share how u did that
I’ve had it turned off on mine too.
@TMT Tactical I’ve gotten amber alerts at any hour for children missing 8 hrs or more away. Everyone else’s phones sound the alarm. Why would I need mine to? In one instance there was a little girl whose body was found within 30 minute drive of where I live. When she went missing it was all over the news, the roads with all kinds of police, helicopters.
@Bacpacker let me get on my laptop and I’ll get back to ya in a minute unless somebody beats me to it.
Where I work we are not allowed to have that activated.

I must be pretty dense today. What does anybody gain by blocking the alert?
My thought too.
Sticking it to "The Man"?
And act of rebellion?
We will not comply?

I just don't know.

I'm not going to disable any alerts, except that ear piercing Amber Alert.

I mean, it might be good to know if Russian ballistic missiles are inbound. I'd have a few minutes to get my mind right before meeting Jesus.

You've got an iphone?
Go to settings.
Go to notifications.
I had to scroll all the way down on mine,
"GOVERNMENT ALERTS:"
AMBER Alerts
Toggle to slide it to off.
Mine also has
Emergency Alerts
Public Safety Alerts
Test Alerts
Nope I've got a Droid.
We get stuff from over toward Memphis, or out of state all the time. Rarely anything around here

Latest posts

Back