OJ Simpson is dead

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Paul Harvey: "...and now for the rest of the story" :rolleyes: ...
In 2007, Simpson was arrested in Las Vegas, Nevada, and charged with armed robbery and kidnapping. In 2008, he was convicted and sentenced to 33 years' imprisonment, with a minimum of nine years without parole. He served his sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center near Lovelock, Nevada. He was granted parole in July 2017, released from prison in October, and granted early release from his parole in December 2021.
This was long after the famous murder trial in 1994.

I was driving with 3 other guys in LA when the verdict was read. The black guy was cheering and laughing. He said OJ was framed and it was about time blacks got some justice.
It was all about race.
One less killer in the world.
My father and I thought we were the only two white men that believed OJ was framed. 😊

Ben

I was having dinner at a restaurant and watching the slow speed chase pass near us. I asked the waitress if he had a reservation here, as he was so close. When we left the restaurant we could see the freeway just down the street.

I was having dinner at a restaurant and watching the slow speed chase pass near us. I asked the waitress if he had a reservation here, as he was so close. When we left the restaurant we could see the freeway just down the street.
I remember the joke: he was driving a slow white bronco, while John Elway was a slow white Bronco.

I knew a guy and his wife that had been visiting in Jo-berg after having worked there several years on the coal plants.. There plane had just lifted off the ground on there way back to the US when they announced the not guilty verdict.. They said friends told them that night Soweto township.. At that time Soweto was the segregated black part of town that went crazy with all kinds of bad behavior...

One of my uncles was receiving cancer treatment close to OJs home in Brentwood. His brother, another uncle went to spend time with him. He was a rancher in South Dakota whose only other time off the ranch was when he was in the Navy. They figured out where he lived and drove by. He talked about it and was so interested in the whole trial.

I'm hoping soon the media will finally stop dragging us thru all of the O.J. fecal mattergaah.
We don’t watch TV, my wife hates it.
So do I.

Maybe there will be a devils disciple assigned to stab him a million times a day and then burn him to a crisp over and over for eternity, or maybe an eternal mental production show of Ron and Nichole pointing and laughing at him while they go about business.
While he has to wear tight leather gloves😉

Can't speak for his latter years but I knew him when he played pro ball (I was just a kid). I played with his daughter when we were kids. I think he was a good man back then.
When he was at USC, I would follow his every move and since my family were all huge Boosters for USC, we would take the Booster Bus and got to talk with him quite a bit. He was a good man then, but, personally, I believe stardom destroyed him.

Still have my USC whiskey decanter.

Attachments

• 17129345462026177680112841320336.jpg
    17129345462026177680112841320336.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
"If it don't Fit, You must acquit"...?!? :facepalm:Damn Fools never knew the Leather Gloves shrunk when wet...!! :waiting:
Or that a leather glove won’t slide over a hand wearing a latex glove. They said he had to wear the latex glove as to no to destroy evidence on the leather glove. All the investigating was done on that leather glove. It would have for over his bare hand. THAT’S what I think was planned to get him off the hook.
One of my uncles was receiving cancer treatment close to OJs home in Brentwood. His brother, another uncle went to spend time with him. He was a rancher in South Dakota whose only other time off the ranch was when he was in the Navy. They figured out where he lived and drove by. He talked about it and was so interested in the whole trial.
I was a very poor single Mom at the time but I squeezed cable TV into my budget because I was so interested in the trial. I worked half days at the school as a teacher’s aid with a handicapped preschooler and got off work at noon. I raced home to watch the trial. I was so mad when he was found “not guilty”.

Last edited:
From a local newspaper.

LOS ANGELES — There is always a red-lettered release, words crafted in remembrance and in glory, when a prominent Trojan dies.

When former USC assistant coach Dave Levy – a four-time national champion a part of the legendary John McKay’s staff – died in November at age 91, it came with an announcement from USC, words honoring Levy as “one of the brightest and most innovative assistant coaches in USC football history.”

When former USC wide receiver Rod Sherman – a captain on McKay’s 1966 team – died in February at age 79, it came with an announcement from USC, words honoring Sherman as the man who’d “caught one of the most famous touchdowns in USC football history” against Notre Dame in 1964.

There were no words Wednesday when O.J. Simpson died.

Or that a leather give won’t slide over a hand wearing a latex glove. They said he had to wear the latex glove as to no to destroy evidence on the leather glove. All the investigating was done on that leather glove. It would have for over his bare hand. THAT’S what I think was planned to get him off the hook.

I was a very poor single Mom at the time but I squeezed cable TV into my budget because I was so interested in the trial. I worked half days at the school as a teacher’s aid with a handicapped preschooler and got off work at noon. I raced home to watch the trial. I was so mad when he was found “not guilty”.
His getting off was a travesty of justice. He was likely a raging narcissist. I have wondered what his relationship was like with his children afterwards.

His getting off was a travesty of justice. He was likely a raging narcissist. I have wondered what his relationship was like with his children afterwards.
Well they nailed him on the next one and he did 9 years in prison.:waiting:
...Proof that he was a criminal.

I won't drag this whole thing out for this worthless human any more. I did see that he was still wealthy. But really, for someone like him, $3 million is not super wealthy. Large homes cost money to maintain between taxes, insurance, maintenance. It was his monthly pensions that kept him propped up.

How much was OJ worth?​

The general consensus is that the NFL Hall of Fame star had an estimated $3 million net worth, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

OJ makes a constant source of income through pensions, which creditors and the Goldman family cannot legally obtain.

He receives $42,000 a year in Social Security, a pension from Screen Actors Guild and between $125,000 and $300,000 annually in an NFL pension.

OJ and his late ex-wife were married for seven years before they separated in 1992. According to a court filing, OJ claimed to have an estimated net worth of $10.8 million and a monthly income of $55,000, per Celebrity Net Worth.

In the end, OJ agreed to pay Nicole a one-lump sum of $433,750 and an additional $10,000 in child support.

Legal fees and court settlements resulted in a significant reduction of his wealth.

Who stands to inherit his fortune?​

As it stands his $3 million fortune looks to be going to his four surviving children Sydney, Jason, Justin and Arnelle Simpson.

His daughter Aaren, drowned as a toddler in a swimming pool accident in 1979.

Goldman’s family, still doggedly pursuing the multimillion-dollar wrongful death judgment, won control of the manuscript. They retitled the book “If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer.”

“It’s all blood money, and unfortunately I had to join the jackals,” Simpson told The Associated Press at the time. He collected $880,000 in advance money for the book, paid through a third party.

“It helped me get out of debt and secure my homestead,” he said.

Less than two months after losing the rights to the book, Simpson was arrested in Las Vegas.

What did he owe Goldman’s family?​

Goldman’s father, Fred, recently alleged in court papers intended to keep the judgment viable that Simpson now owes $96 million.

That’s because these amounts generate significant interest on the initial $30 million awarded.

The number also remains high because Simpson allegedly hasn’t paid much of the amount.

As of February 2021, Goldman claimed that Simpson had paid only $123,000.

David Cook, a lawyer for Goldman who has been seeking to collect the civil judgment, said in he wake of Simpson’s death that the amount owed is now $100m – and that he would continue the fight for justice.

“[Simpson] died without penance. We don’t know what he has, where it is or who is in control. We will pick up where we are and keep going with it,” he said.

Latest posts

Back