Outside Garden Sink

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My sweet hunny gave up his old fish cleaning table to me so i could use it for garden veggiss when he gave son 3 our boat. He relocated it to the side of the pump house so I could have running water for it. Its a very simple hook up and comes in handy especially with the root crops. I like to rinse them off to get the dirt off first before bringing them into the house and scrubbed. Also came in handy during last hurricane. We lost our water for days, but because we had the well we could still access water even though I still boiled because of all the flood waters. This is the sink that I washed dishes in along with doing laundry.
IMG_20170306_113449.jpg

It must be great at keeping the mess out of the house or standing there with a hose rinsing things off.

Nice that you had the well so you had water when everything else was down. I had to get water out of the creek when our power was out for a week.

@Dani this is precisely the setup we want with our new home when we build it is to have an outside sink setup for washing and prepping vegetables before they come inside.

Where we are now we don't have the room but we most times with our root vegetable harvests take a bucket outside and fill it with rain water from our tanks and wash them out there on a fold out trestle table before bringing them inside. Crude setup but it works a treat otherwise we have spiders and lady beetles flying and crawling around the kitchen along with vegetable leaves and dirt spread length and breadth of the kitchen floor :) .

Great setup! I would love an outdoor kitchen. And an outdoor setup for canning/cooking when it's hot outside and I wouldn't want to heat up the house. A big covered processing area would be great.
That is what we are planning on doing at the mountain place. I hate cooking inside during the summer.

Latest posts

Back