Over and over this always happens....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What part of, "Raise the minimum wage, and lose jobs to robots," doesn't the Left understand? Employers are not going to hire unskilled idiots at $15 an hour. They are going to find alternatives...robots being a good example. Those unskilled morons are not worth hiring. They can't even make change when the computerized cash register goes down. From what I've seen around here (Mobile County, Alabama), even the MANAGERS to the McDummies, Booger King, Taco Hell, etc., aren't worth $15/hr!!! Most of them are just plain STUPID!

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/e...ults-in-more-jobs-for-walmart-robot-janitors/

Off topic , how is Pess and TMT? So glad your back too.

I agree they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Look at who is teaching these kids now in schools, not many WeedyGardens 'bless her heart' left who actually care about their students.
AI will happen soon enough as it is.
Ya know VJocky I feel sorry fro these kids today,they didn't choose their fates or indoctrinations. Society did that for them.

Off topic , how is Pess and TMT? So glad your back too.

I agree they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Look at who is teaching these kids now in schools, not many WeedyGardens 'bless her heart' left who actually care about their students.
AI will happen soon enough as it is.
Ya know VJocky I feel sorry fro these kids today,they didn't choose their fates or indoctrinations. Society did that for them.

Pess and TMT are ok, just not very active on Forums. Actually Pess doesn't do Forums any more, since his memory is shot to h$ll, but physically/mentally he is doing fine. TMT has slowed way down on the Forums, and has other things going on right now...into a few DIY projects and trying to get the cartridge reloading thing down pat.

You want to see WeedyGardens teaching you gotta go to the private schools...ain't gonna see 'em in public miseducation schools!! The public education system has broken down completely over the last 50 years, and is now nothing more than a Liberal social experimenting institution.

Pess and TMT are ok, just not very active on Forums. Actually Pess doesn't do Forums any more, since his memory is shot to h$ll, but physically/mentally he is doing fine. TMT has slowed way down on the Forums, and has other things going on right now...into a few DIY projects and trying to get the cartridge reloading thing down pat.

You want to see WeedyGardens teaching you gotta go to the private schools...ain't gonna see 'em in public miseducation schools!! The public education system has broken down completely over the last 50 years, and is now nothing more than a Liberal social experimenting institution.

Say hello to them for me.
I know your right about the school situation for sure. But most people can't afford private or home schooling because they work. Even some private schools are not good.
My daughter home schooled her son for first 5 years then put him in private school. They didn't teach him anything just sent home 4 hours of homework a night for him to do with her help. She paid them $1200 a month plus 'expensives'. So the kid is now in public school for first time in his 13 years. She hopes he learned enough at home by now for it not to change him too much.

Say they kept their jobs, now prices have to go up to cover those expenses. They are right back to where they were and we lose even more jobs. But, they are too stupid to figure that out for themselves.

I call them indoctrination centers.

VJ, can you explain this please?
I call them indoctrination centers.
You are correct!

Sorry, I am tempted to erase all of this, as I do sometimes when I am ranting. I am so glad to be retired!

I did teach in private schools, but I have many more years in public schools. If you don't think there is a bunch of liberalism all over education, private and public, think again. I know that some private schools are very conservative, but not very many. My principal in public school was a new age hispanic lesbian from northern New Mexico. She and her Hispanic people had been done wrong by us whities forever. All minorities had. We heard about it regularly at faculty meetings and in every aspect of school life. Minorities of all ilk in our program, were favored at every turn. If there was an offense, especially by a minority, it was put in the garbage can. The lies and deception were wide and deep.

Me? I kept my nose to the grind stone and worked long hours. I had a job to do, and I did it to the best of my training and ability. I was working with inner city children whose best chance in life was to get a good education. My students worked hard, because it was expected of them. When they complained about homework, I reminded them that their homework was little in comparison to mine. If they didn't hand in their one page of math facts for homework, they did it at recess. It didn't take a whole bunch of them long to figure out that recess was their favorite part of school.
Several of my former students have been to or are in prison. Some students from our program have died in gang violence.
It was a rough crowd even when they were young. I think of one student, who when he was 5, his grandmother walked him to school in the morning and I could smell alcohol on her then. He did time for participating in a gang rape. He liked to pull down the pants of girls who were going across the monkey bars when he was young, 6 or 7. His consequence then? He got written up by an adult on the playground, and that went into the garbage. He is black, so we couldn't punish him. If the district had known, he would have been suspended for a week. We couldn't have that statistic for our school. If he had been suspended for a week, maybe someone somewhere would have been able to help him see the error of his ways, especially crusty grandma who has lived with his family his whole life.

As a former colleague of mine said, "We worked like dogs." We did. Even though we had a union with a district contract, we were discouraged from being union members and many aspects of the contract were not honored in my building. Years into teaching in this program, one of my colleagues began attending district union meetings and became aware of many aspects of our contracts not being honored. We were supposed to have a 30 minute lunch break. Some years we were expected to lead a group of children during our lunch break to help with the playground problems (fighting). Faculty meeting were supposed to be 40 minutes a week. Ours were usually 2 hours plus, and a portion of that was devoted to brainwashing indoctrination of liberal beliefs--all aspects of insensitivity and wrongdoings by whites and how special every one else was, new age b.s., or whatever appealed to principal.

I can't afford to pay my employees that much, except my director. If I have to, then I need to raise tuition rates to cover that.
The old joke is to never buy a burger in Santa Fe. They have a high min wage, so burgers are really expensive.
Everything is high in Santa Fe, but you can get some excellent food there!

VJ, can you explain this please?
You are correct!

Sorry, I am tempted to erase all of this, as I do sometimes when I am ranting. I am so glad to be retired!

I did teach in private schools, but I have many more years in public schools. If you don't think there is a bunch of liberalism all over education, private and public, think again. I know that some private schools are very conservative, but not very many. My principal in public school was a new age hispanic lesbian from northern New Mexico. She and her Hispanic people had been done wrong by us whities forever. All minorities had. We heard about it regularly at faculty meetings and in every aspect of school life. Minorities of all ilk in our program, were favored at every turn. If there was an offense, especially by a minority, it was put in the garbage can. The lies and deception were wide and deep.

Me? I kept my nose to the grind stone and worked long hours. I had a job to do, and I did it to the best of my training and ability. I was working with inner city children whose best chance in life was to get a good education. My students worked hard, because it was expected of them. When they complained about homework, I reminded them that their homework was little in comparison to mine. If they didn't hand in their one page of math facts for homework, they did it at recess. It didn't take a whole bunch of them long to figure out that recess was their favorite part of school.
Several of my former students have been to or are in prison. Some students from our program have died in gang violence.
It was a rough crowd even when they were young. I think of one student, who when he was 5, his grandmother walked him to school in the morning and I could smell alcohol on her then. He did time for participating in a gang rape. He liked to pull down the pants of girls who were going across the monkey bars when he was young, 6 or 7. His consequence then? He got written up by an adult on the playground, and that went into the garbage. He is black, so we couldn't punish him. If the district had known, he would have been suspended for a week. We couldn't have that statistic for our school. If he had been suspended for a week, maybe someone somewhere would have been able to help him see the error of his ways, especially crusty grandma who has lived with his family his whole life.

As a former colleague of mine said, "We worked like dogs." We did. Even though we had a union with a district contract, we were discouraged from being union members and many aspects of the contract were not honored in my building. Years into teaching in this program, one of my colleagues began attending district union meetings and became aware of many aspects of our contracts not being honored. We were supposed to have a 30 minute lunch break. Some years we were expected to lead a group of children during our lunch break to help with the playground problems (fighting). Faculty meeting were supposed to be 40 minutes a week. Ours were usually 2 hours plus, and a portion of that was devoted to brainwashing indoctrination of liberal beliefs--all aspects of insensitivity and wrongdoings by whites and how special every one else was, new age b.s., or whatever appealed to principal.

What I meant was if you want to see GOOD teachers, like you, you aren't going to find them in today's public schools...private schools and parochial schools are the last stand for "conservative" education.

The $15 minimum wage is a well thought out plan by the left.
First raise wages for the unskilled masses and they think you have done them a favor. Then when the companies can't afford the increase they either go out of business, bring in AI or fire people. Then the unskilled masses blame the companies for taking away their jobs. Then the democrats go on TV and accuse the republicans of not caring about the little people. Now the unskilled masses are voting democrat forever. Just like LBJ did with the blacks.
The politicians do not care about people except to secure their vote so the politicians can stay in power. Both sides are guilty of this.
Sorry. Rant over.

In the Logical Libertarian World, the the job market determines the minimum wage, with the young and unskilled getting 'starting' wages that supplement family income, and experienced workers graduating to more skilled jobs as they mature. At the bottom end of the labor market things really do work that way, mostly. The squeeze comes when the wage has to be a living wage, and the job requires skills that a 'supplementer' doesn't possess.

Minimum wage here in Australia is $18.93 per hour but we do not have a tip system here.

The jobs here that rely on tips have a separate minimum wage scale. I waited tables for years and the minimum for servers was $2.15 an hr. I don't think its gone up much if any since then.

The jobs here that rely on tips have a separate minimum wage scale. I waited tables for years and the minimum for servers was $2.15 an hr. I don't think its gone up much if any since then.

I looked it up. Its actually $2.13. That's actually worse since when I waited tables the minimum wage was under $4.
Capture+_2019-04-12-11-06-13.png

Minimum wage here in Australia is $18.93 per hour but we do not have a tip system here.

Some restaurants here have tip systems. I tip good because I have been a waitress.
Waited on some real pieces of cheap work too. One group I chased out into parking lot and threw the quarters at them , hey you forgot these'! Large tea cost 36 cents, small tea cost 25 cents, they ordered small teas and ran my butt of filling them up. It was a Bar B Que place.

Latest posts

Back