Pay Off Other Peoples' College???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I write the great American novel, its going to be titled "The America Trap" and it will concern the trend going back 10s of thousands of years of people coming to America, forgetting the rest of the world exists, becoming isolationist and decadent, and then being conquered by another people who repeat the same mistake.

...it will concern the trend going back 10s of thousands of years of people coming to America, forgetting the rest of the world exists, becoming isolationist and decadent, and then being conquered by another people who repeat the same mistake.
Rewrite the Bible?

But how will it end?

Ben

When I write the great American novel, its going to be titled "The America Trap" and it will concern the trend going back 10s of thousands of years of people coming to America, forgetting the rest of the world exists, becoming isolationist and decadent, and then being conquered by another people who repeat the same mistake.
but dont leave out the occasional asteroid or comet.....younger dryas 12,500 years ago more or less was a wild time.

I may be wrong but didnt the colleges fix it so the student loans were guaranteed by the us gov. And then expenses to go to college went up and teachers salaries went up. Why not have the people pushing for higher and higher student loans be the ones left holding the bag on non payment.

Then maybe we should stop providing humanitarian aid as well for which the United States is the largest provider in the world by a very wide margin.
It looks like any humanitarian aid (by any country) is offset by sales of weapons. Money, and arms, make the world go round....

Also, I feel we are in a world war, but just are waiting for someone to confirm it. Like a recession...you know, but its only when the figures pop upon the news is it 'real'

I’m of the opinion that education is beneficial to a civilization. But not all education is equal and some topics are more beneficial than others. I’m not going down the STEM vs LibArts rabbit hole, both have their place.

The current education system is deeply flawed. But meaningful change has to start somewhere. I don’t have a problem with “free” education because society as a whole will benefit long-term. But as with all things the devil is in the details.

Latest posts

Back