Pepper Sauce

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leslienky

New Friend
Neighbor
Has anyone made their own pepper sauce? I have some peppers fermenting and looking forward to making some sauce. From the recipes I have found, they all store the sauce in the fridge after blending. I did not really want to store the sauce immediately in the fridge. Can you can the pureed pepper sauce to keep in the cabinet until opening the jar?

Yes, you can and if the PH is low enough you can use water bath but if there is any question pressure can it.

My boss loves hot sauce and everything nightmarishly hot & spicy. He started out making a pepper sauce but had issues with longevity (and he doesn't can), so he started to dehydrate the peppers then grind them up in a coffee grinder (in his well ventilated garage). Now he just scoops on a couple tablespoons when he wants something hotter.

My Mom makes what she calls "Hot Salsa" which is really just salsa that is about 10% tomato/onion and 90% peppers (pablano, jalapeno, habanero). She went through a process of trying different methods but ended up just pressure canning it.

I have been under the impression that things like Louisiana hot sauce are made with dried peppers put into vinegar. I have honestly never tried making any because there are so many varieties of hot sauce out there.

Latest posts

Back