Picked up the cat today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
She weighs 15 lbs.

I propped my feet up on the edge of dash past the steering wheel today and slightly out the window.
That was my stretching for the day. Then i dozed off. Not kidding.
Yesterday I walked the dog for about 15 minutes but when she saw the auto she wanted to go back home.

Stay tuned for more helpful exercise tips.

She weighs 15 lbs.

I propped my feet up on the edge of dash past the steering wheel today and slightly out the window.
That was my stretching for the day. Then i dozed off. Not kidding.
Yesterday I walked the dog for about 15 minutes but when she saw the auto she wanted to go back home.

Stay tuned for more helpful exercise tips.

:green man::lil guy::LOL:

Even if you have to sit in a chair off and on you can still exercise. Be sure to breath often and at times take deep breathe's ,it helps the heart and lungs plus adds oxygen to the muscle's.

Here is a chair exercise or just make up your own. I like to listen to music while I move.

@Patchouli what sort of cat is that you picked up it sounds enormous being over 6 kg in weight :eek: . It would make two of Tabatha almost that we have here but mind you she was probably the runt of the litter because most of her back teeth didn't develop and are missing. That doesn't stop her hunting though she is a good ratter and mouser.

Exercise yesterday here was duck waddling on the garden beds and plucking weeds as well as kneeling and side kneel steps around 18 m of garden beds followed by get up a few times bend over and pick up weeds, walk up and down the stairs a few times getting tools and putting them back. Then inside for a walk around the kitchen whilst putting away clean dishes, pots and pans and leaning down and getting up a few times whilst doing so.

Exercise yesterday here was duck waddling on the garden beds and plucking weeds as well as kneeling and side kneel steps around 18 m of garden beds followed by get up a few times bend over and pick up weeds, walk up and down the stairs a few times getting tools and putting them back. Then inside for a walk around the kitchen whilst putting away clean dishes, pots and pans and leaning down and getting up a few times whilst doing so.

That is very good exercise Sewing. :green man:

wow, much helpful tips for exercising, guys! I can see we are all going to be very successful with something...

Our cat is a Maine Coon as well. No papers, just huge cat.
This is exercise thread? I'll report back later. Haven't eaten dinner yet!

We walked .8 of a mile but didn't hustle too much, too dark in the woods, never fear: it has a paved path.
Didn't need bug spray, gnats were thick though.
I haven't been walking like I had been because NH can't really get out there and walk much now. :( too much pain.
Every little bit helps. Get your blood moving, pumping through your veins.

Today at work: I did about 4 hours of various stretching, squatting, pulling, lifting, sometimes pushing a 100 pound cart. Lots of walking.

This afternoon we plan to walk to the Polaris Ranger and take a drive around the property. I exercised my right arm too much before bed last night drinking a glass of wine and eating 4 Amish church cookies.
Seriously, though, I need to bring a bunch of stuff up from the basement today, do three loads of laundry, change linen, finish a wall in a spare bedroom, move a dresser and set up a bed, start packing (have to leave early in the morning), and still make breakfast, go help with the honey at my cousins this am, and be at a family gathering for supper. We have three little newborn kitties in the barn, but they don't weigh much.

This afternoon we plan to walk to the Polaris Ranger and take a drive around the property. I exercised my right arm too much before bed last night drinking a glass of wine and eating 4 Amish church cookies.
Seriously, though, I need to bring a bunch of stuff up from the basement today, do three loads of laundry, change linen, finish a wall in a spare bedroom, move a dresser and set up a bed, start packing (have to leave early in the morning), and still make breakfast, go help with the honey at my cousins this am, and be at a family gathering for supper. We have three little newborn kitties in the barn, but they don't weigh much.
Amish,
Sounds like a workout to me.
:clapping:

I made it through our first day of fitness without injury,that is always a good thing.

Don't forget staying fit is the number one way to prep.
Now I feel better already and my back is doing better too.:woo hoo:. I really didn't want to start but once I did I don't want to stop.:lil guy:

" A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step" . ?

Sounds good, y'all!!!
Stretches and warm-up moves are just as important, even if you don't follow it with exercising and its a good start!

A few years ago i got a "Malibu Pilates" set up. A workout bench, add-on bars, etc. I didn't use it a lot, the girls did tho and it helped. Maybe I'll start using that again.
My biggest problem is my tum. My husband quit drinking sodas, but I still quaff one every day. Need to work on that. He said I'd lose my tum if I quit soda.
What also helped me was remembering serving sizes for a small woman like myself. And mostly quitting bread and pasta. Unlimited veggies!!

Sounds good, y'all!!!
Stretches and warm-up moves are just as important, even if you don't follow it with exercising and its a good start!

A few years ago i got a "Malibu Pilates" set up. A workout bench, add-on bars, etc. I didn't use it a lot, the girls did tho and it helped. Maybe I'll start using that again.
My biggest problem is my tum. My husband quit drinking sodas, but I still quaff one every day. Need to work on that. He said I'd lose my tum if I quit soda.
What also helped me was remembering serving sizes for a small woman like myself. And mostly quitting bread and pasta. Unlimited veggies!!

Well I sure would like a partner or 100 to keep me motivated so Patch I missed you this morning.
Did you start today or at least pick up th cat? :lil guy:

You dance like those dancers you'll be doing good! I loved that!
I like it that, as one of the lower pay scale folks at work, I'll be the one staying in shape cuz I have to do all the physical stuff while the others, even way younger than I am, sit on their bums all day.
I know, I have sick reasoning skills.

You dance like those dancers you'll be doing good! I loved that!
I like it that, as one of the lower pay scale folks at work, I'll be the one staying in shape cuz I have to do all the physical stuff while the others, even way younger than I am, sit on their bums all day.
I know, I have sick reasoning skills.

I say you have positive reasoning skills. I think like you do on this.
On the Jakie Wilson song ' Baby Workout ' I do approach with extreme caution. It makes my emotions over load my ability's. But it also fires me up ,makes me feel good.

Latest posts

Back