Pie Recipe's

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried a new apple pie called Sour Cream Apple Pie
5 large tart apples
one pastry lined 9 inch pie pan
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 stick butter or 1/4 cup
1 cup sour cream
peel n cut apples in thick slices, says to arrange them but I just tossed it in the pie pan. Sprinkle the lemon juice over apples. Mix dry ingredients and then cut in butter and spoon over apples. Spread sour cream over top. bake in 350 for about 55 minutes or until apples are tender.

Here is the result. First I added a spoon of tapioca to the sour cream..because I love it. The sour cream didn't spread out once baked too well..still tastes great but remained mostly in globs. So next time I'm going to add a tad of water to the sour cream mix to enable it to be softer to spread over the top. I then added pie crust over the top in strips to give it a old school classic look. It tastes great...

I have never heard of nor eaten Creamy Lemon Pie.

She talks really slow, and I speed her up to 1.5 and even then, sometimes, that is still slow sometimes. Bless her. She lost her husband tragically in an accident less than a year ago.
Pie

Memorial to her husband:

Angie's Pear Pie

Ingredients:

1 unbaked pie shell
3 or 4 pears, halved and cored
1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons flour
a dash of salt

Place the pears flat side down, small end into the center of the pie shell.

Sprinkle the pears with the lemon or lime juice.

Beat the eggs and sugar until thick and lemony. Add nutmeg, vanilla, flour and a dash of salt. Pour this over the pears.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 and bake for 25 more minutes.

I have never made nor eaten this, but it sounds interesting. I wish I could credit the source, but I do not remember where it came from. I wonder if you could substitute artificial sweetener and make it crustless for a keto dessert.

Crazy Surprise Pie

This is the most unusual, albeit delicious, pie you could possibly imagine. If you follow the directions precisely, it will have no sauerkraut taste. In fact, you may wonder why it tastes so much like coconut. To make sure this remains our little secret, don't leave the empty sauerkraut can where anyone will see it.

3/4 cup drained and chopped sauerkraut
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 9-inch pie shell

Preheat oven to 425 F. Drain sauerkraut very well; chop by hand or place in food processor and process for several seconds. Drain again to make sure it is very dry. Stir cinnamon into drained sauerkraut.

In a large bowl, combine milk, sauerkraut, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Bake at 425 F for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into filling 1-inch from the edge comes out clean.
Yield: 6 servings

This recipe used to be on a cracker box. I made it several times as a teenager.

Soda Cracker Pie

14 soda crackers, rolled fine
3 eggs whites, beaten stiff
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Bake egg whites until stiff. Fold in sugar and vanilla. Fold in crackers, baking powder and nuts. Bake in well grease 9 inch pie plat at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Latest posts

Back