Poe. A tahati desert

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Poe.

Original recipe was to wrap in banana leaves and bake in fire.
preheat 375 degrees
6 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into chunks
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn starch2 teas vanilla
1 cup coconut cream--also know as coconut milk
[1] puree bananas in blender, should be 4 cups pureed
[2] add brown sugar,corn starch,vanilla mix well, no lumbs
adjust sugar to taste
[3] butter 2 quart baking dish, pour mixture into dish
cook 30-45 minutes or till firm an bubbly
[4] cut into cubes, put on serving bowl
put a dollup of coconut cream on top

variations...sub the banana for papaya,mango,pineapple. any fruit, as long as it is 4 cups pureered

coconut cream,,is the thick milk that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk
do not shake can before you open, skim the cream off the top

Last edited:
Poi...from Tahiti...a place I know quite well.......
Cool, if you see a discrepancy in my recipe from what you know.
Let me know. I was given this recipe and am trying to keep it original

I think the banana is actually the variety which is short and fat. I do not know the varieties name

Cool, if you see a discrepancy in my recipe from what you know.
Let me know. I was given this recipe and am trying to keep it original

I think the banana is actually the variety which is short and fat. I do not know the varieties name
It's derived from taro. What you show is the French Polynesian variant. Calling it...poe...I think is a misspelling as was Tahati. Actual Thaitian Poi is thin...poi poi is thicker. As everything in Tahitian...and...I lived there...doubling something means bigger. Bora Bora...is lagoon lagoon. The only discrepancy is one of a cultural distance from actual poi is what I was on about!

It's derived from taro. What you show is the French Polynesian variant. Calling it...poe...I think is a misspelling as was Tahati. Actual Thaitian Poi is thin...poi poi is thicker. As everything in Tahitian...and...I lived there...doubling something means bigger. Bora Bora...is lagoon lagoon. The only discrepancy is one of a cultural distance from actual poi is what I was on about!
Got ya, Different islands different culture
I learned today!! Thanks!!!

Wow, that makes sense. Bora Bora has the island, an inner reef and an outer reef.

Latest posts

Back