Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72580581_3005106169559815_2127485949557342208_n.jpg

Found these last night... my huge GS when he was tiny... just a few years ago. Now everyone can see why I had to get new wood flooring... the linoleum flooring my grandfather put down in the 70's could no longer be cleaned.

joe tiny 01_v1.jpg
joe tiny 01aa_v1.jpg

Last edited:
Marty Melvin, Marlboro man, carrying calf.jpg

You will probably all recognize this iconic photo of Marlboro Man. He grew up in my home county. He was a few years younger than me. His older brother was a year younger and a year behind me in school. MM died recently of cancer. He never smoked in his whole life. The ads showing MM smoking was another man (or men) who were also Marlboro Men models, who were smokers.

His family were ranchers. His mother was in horse shows from the age of 4 and they always rode in parades. His grandparents were in horse shows and rodeos as well. He was a national rodeo champion. His older brother was also a rodeo champion. I remember watching them on television in rodeos and reading about them in the newspaper about their stats.

MM was a wrestler and went to college on a wrestling scholarship.

MM was also in movies and on television programs. He was in a couple episodes of The Chosen, a series about Jesus. MM was a Christian.

Jim,
That pickup has a full load of wood in the bed, but I have never seen it stacked quite that way before. ;)

Do you think the engine is too big George? Naw we just need heavier front springs is all. :)

Why are young foxes called "kits"?
They are not feline and they come pre-assembled...

Well, I guess vixen is better than bitch, which is what female dogs are called.
The English language is hilarious. we call a group of crows a "murder" and a group of piranha a school. If we call a woman female we get put in jail. :dunno:

Latest posts

Back