Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daily-afternoon-randomness-45-photos-11.jpg

Here's another boring picture (original at bottom - out of focus, and motion blur too as I was trotting along on the horse behind them). I was able to rescue it into something more fun to look at. I need to go back and start playing with Photoshop again (actually, I use GIMP rather than Photoshop now).

picture_rescue_1024_comp70.jpg

@Haertig I really liked the first one...

I used paintshop pro with xp, used to restore a lot of photos for people... still use PSP with win10, copy my photo to a thumb drive, work on it on my backup desktop with PSP then bring it back to win10 to post etc.

Do you know of any good photo programs used with Linux? been thinking about switching for a while.

Do you know of any good photo programs used with Linux?
GIMP. https://www.gimp.org/ It is the function equivalent of Photoshop. Yes, it's that good. It's also available for Windows and Mac's. Free.

I used Paint Shop Pro for many years. I'm thinking back in those days it was PSP 5 and PSP 7. Then I switched to Photoshop Elements. Did you know that when they made the cheaper Elements version of Photoshop that they didn't take the more advanced full Photoshop features out of the program? they just removed the user interface to access many of those advanced features. There was a book, named "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements", that included a CD with some programs that would restore the user interface to the hidden features. Photoshop Elements quickly became much more powerful. Then I switched to GIMP, which is just as full featured and advanced as Photoshop. Except GIMP is free! GIMP does not work the same as Photoshop. You will have to learn a different user interface. But once you learn that, it's just as powerful as Photoshop. GIMP vs. Photoshop is kind of like Linux vs. Windows. You can do the same things with both of them, but the way you do it is different.

View attachment 27799

Just for Sentry...

Jim

As the driver of an unmarked police car with the full V8 pursuit package, I can assure you that I have pulled many people over who had no idea a cop was sitting next to them. One of my favorite things. A couple months ago a guy in a tuned up mustang decided to pass me on a residential street doubling the speed limit in the process. I like think he peed a little when the lights came on. I know he was nearly crying when the tow truck drove off with his Ford.

That reminds me of the time I was sitting at a stop light in my Mustang when a Camaro pulled up in the left lane.I heard him rev his engine and looked over at him with a smile and nodded as I revved my engine. The cross light turned yellow and his engine revved high and the light turned green and his tires were smoking and he accelerated across the intersection. As I slowly turned right and started up the hill I saw the lights come on in the cop car that had been sitting across the intersection. I guess I won that race... :)

@phideaux Just to the right of the tomato on the right in the first photo is canadian lettuce... bitter as all heck but can be eaten... also after a very long and stinky process you can make a mild sleep aid from it.

the leaves have the shape of arrowheads

Just above the ripe tomatoes is a nasty from the buttercup family... toxic, won't bloom until spring, has yellow blooms

Latest posts

Back