Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daily_picdump_3284_640_high_07.jpg

The first year I lived in Buffalo NY... They didn't use snowplows in the parking lot at a K-Mart down the road. They used a frontend loader in the 250hp range. When spring arrived a full 1/4 of the parking lot was under a pile of snow 30ft deep. It didn't melt until June...

Funny thing about "lake effect" snow... Once in Buffalo it snowed every afternoon for 37 consecutive days until Lake Erie and Lake Ontario froze over... I dug a path for my mailman across my front yard. By December 15th I could no longer see the top of his head when he delivered mail. That’s just insane…

You folks can keep that kind of snow!

Last edited:
Sorry. That would be me. The strawberry is the last resort.
The chocolate is the last to get eaten around here. Sometimes it just got thrown away because it was so old. We don't buy much ice cream now but when we do it's usually Snickers or Butterfinger ice cream.

Ask them how lucky they feel in about 3 months. :)
It is Colorado. After a snowstorm, on the Front Range, east of the mountains, it typically takes just a few days for the snow to mostly be melted, except in the shady spots. Now the mountains are another story. They want snow for skiing, and that means money for many of them.

Latest posts

Back