Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Menards.jpg

I'm thinking the bike in the tree isn't a real pic. When trees grow, they grow outward at the trunk (not upward).
I don't know, I've seen plenty of trees growing around T posts, cannon balls and bumper once. Trees do weird things. This one is behind my house. That's a tree growing around about a hundred year old fence post.

Attachments

• 20171210_133210.jpg
    20171210_133210.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
I'm thinking the bike in the tree isn't a real pic. When trees grow, they grow outward at the trunk (not upward).

There is a side branch on there. The bike could have been put in the crotch (or blown/been dropped) and the tree grew around it. There are trees that have grown around fences all over the place.

Supposely young man chained his bike to sapling before he went off to war.
So no one could steal it.
I believe it was World War II, but it might have been World War I.
He didn't come home, so his family left the bike chained to the sapling.
As the tree grew, this is what it became..
I read this somewhere, so I don't know if this is true or not.
As the tree grew, it became local memorial for the young man.

Yep! and the burro is cute too! ;)

SheepD I wasn't sure if most people today would know what a burro was so I always use donkey.
My first burro aka Mexican Burro came in by train aka rail from Mexico through Sears and Roebuck catalog in 1958. Mama ordered 3 one for each of us, 2 jenny's and one jack, we named them Katy,Pete and Penny. Learning to ride one of those made me a good horseback rider later on.
I also out rode the city slicker urban cowboy men in a club in Atlanta on the electric bull in the early 1980s and that is a fact. Hubby was there and saw me do it.

Some of those men were slung all over the floor while I dismounted like a laady.:thumbs:Its not easy.

That one should have this worn-out phrase attached to it:
"Your Privacy Is Important To Us"
Buried in the fine print:
...we only share your personal information with other companies owned by us, and our 'marketing partners'.

Definition of 'marketing partners': Anyone who will give us a nickel for all of your personal info :p.

Last edited:
SheepD I wasn't sure if most people today would know what a burro was so I always use donkey.
My first burro aka Mexican Burro came in by train aka rail from Mexico through Sears and Roebuck catalog in 1958. Mama ordered 3 one for each of us, 2 jenny's and one jack, we named them Katy,Pete and Penny. Learning to ride one of those made me a good horseback rider later on.
I also out rode the city slicker urban cowboy men in a club in Atlanta on the electric bull in the early 1980s and that is a fact. Hubby was there and saw me do it.

Some of those men were slung all over the floor while I dismounted like a laady.:thumbs:Its not easy.

I tried riding one of those mechanical bulls once. I was quite strong at that time and I never was thrown off but I wished I would have worn a cup.

I tried riding one of those mechanical bulls once. I was quite strong at that time and I never was thrown off but I wished I would have worn a cup.

We had met one of hubbys old friends for a drink and neither of them would ride it for same reason.Not worth the possible injury.

Wife planted a cutting of Wisteria a few year ago. It has taken over the are she planted it in. I have to keep cutting it out of one of my Maples. It does smell great.
When we moved out here the first spring I found some Iris's on the back corner of our property. I dug a few up and planted them next to the house and our front porch. They have multiplied several times. Beautiful flowers.

Chinese wisteria (Wisteria sinensis) is a very aggressive vine. I kill it quickly if I see it here... as bad a trumpet vine or kudzu if I don't stay ahead of it.

American wisteria (Wisteria frutescens) is just as beautiful and not aggressive, can easily be trained to grow as a shrub. My mom has one in her old flower bed.

Latest posts

Back