Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing quite like cows grazing on a fine spring morning. Until 2 years ago I was responsible for them. Now my grtnephew is... I get to just stand and enjoy them... ;) Unless they get out... then they are my problem for an hour or so.

Cows (1) sm.jpg

All of our fruit and nut trees are all full of blooms this year, hopefully we'll have a great crop, I'd like to dry some apples especially with all this Corona stuff starting to cause shortages. The pile of grass was created by my dear friends cleaning out the weeds from our fenced garden area. I love listening to all the wild honey bees working on the blossoms.
DSC00008.JPG
DSC00009.JPG

Didn't one of those lead-laden trees fall during one of the October shoots one year?

Ha! You remember that.

Yes it did, the summer before the shoot in Oct.

It fell onto the range, broke down a section of the targets, I spent weeks cutting it up and my grandson's came over and helped clean it up.
The one laying down in the creek in front, was #2 to go.
Had to cut it . I was afraid it would fall at the wrong time.
The one still standing is a miracle...it's cracked all the way around. I was there yesterday , took pics, picked up limbs, I could hear it cracking in the wind.

I used 10 lb tannerite bombs to blow the whole front of it off.

I gotta get some more tannerite.

Those are 80 ft tall and 30" dia trees.

Jim

This photo is of my great aunt with her pet coyote. She was my grandfather's older sister, and a twin. She and her twin married brothers in a double wedding. Both brothers were doing well and prosperous at the time they got married, but afterwards became fall down drunks who never worked and stayed unemployed. Brothers had run an auto repair shop. This aunt had 4 children and at a time when her husband was not providing for the family, tried to take charge of the property so she could provide food for her children. Property belonged to men in those days. She could do nothing about taking the property, so she went to work in a cafe. The brother's father did his best to help out with the family. Her twin eventually left her husband and moved from South Dakota to Iowa where the family had previously lived. Her sister never had children, probably a blessing in this situation. The aunt in the photo died before I was born, but I met her twin once. I was pretty young, but I remember meeting her. Alcohol has caused so much pain in many parts of my extended family. People were starving, but there was money for alcohol.
Veronica and her pet coyote.jpg cropped.jpg

Sometimes mine too,especially when lots of moisture in the air. Curly haie loves moisture.:)
Mine loves moisture too and is hard to comb.
Here it is:
IMG_4985-1080x675.jpg

Latest posts

Back