Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not easily. A scanner might work a little better, but who wants to buy one of those just to post a few pictures on the internet? Plus, a scanned image is never as good as the original. For example, below is a scan of a picture-book photo, I just did on my medium-low range scanner. With some minor enhancements done post-scan to adjust contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc. You can see that even this is not that great of an image. Scanning an actual high quality photograph would be better than this book image (book images are quite low resolution), but it still serves as a good example of what you could expect. IMHO, it's really not that much better than your picture-of-a-picture to justify going the extra cost and extra effort of using a scanner. If you were entering a photo contest? Yes. But posting snapshots on the forum? No, not in my opinion. Not unless there were details in the photo you were posting that you really wanted people to see.

I just didn't know if you realized that your photos were a bit on the blurry/blow-out highlight side of things. Or if you were intentionally applying a soft-focus effect, you were overdoing it a tad. :)

Here's a scan-of-a-photo-book-picture (which should be pretty close to a scan of an older family photo album picture):

View attachment 40876

Well that sure is clear.But like you said no scanner.I dotake it out of plastic,but it is still blurred,I was just putting up the pic to give an idea of the picture,lol.
Just bored and playing.:thumbs:

Good eating there.
Ok. I've kept my mouth shut as long as I can
Ingore90.gif
Yes, that dinner is delicious except for the catfish in the middle.
Catfish are not fish because they do not have scales; they have skin, like frogs and eels:
fireeel-1024x768.jpg

You gonna eat that?

If you need me, I'll be sucking cow hooves (Jello®) with @Meerkat instead
NoDeal.gif

Ok. I've kept my mouth shut as long as I canView attachment 40877.
Yes, that dinner is delicious except for the catfish in the middle.
Catfish are not fish because they do not have scales; they have skin, like frogs and eels:
fireeel-1024x768.jpg

You gonna eat that?

If you need me, I'll be sucking cow hooves (Jello®) with @Meerkat insteadView attachment 40879.
It was still good eating in my neck of the woods.
Matter of fact that was a feast.

It was still good eating in my neck of the woods.
Matter of fact that was a feast.
Oh don't get me wrong, I skinned, cleaned, and ate tons of them growing up.
My dad raised us to be self-supporting. We lived on a river of abundance.
After eating them 3-4 times a week, month after month, we boys would actually come to fist-blows when mom would toss out some cheap hotdogs.
fight.gif

Edit: Forgot the pic. The slimy bastids:
P1020540.jpg

(notice the mud-cats in with the channel-cats)

Last edited:
I dont like all fish, but a good mess of crappie or bluegill, maybe walleye or sauger is some fine eating. Never tried Pike, but I'd bet it's good too.
Then you got red snapper, halibut, cod, tuna, & my favorite grouper. That's just fine dining right there. And that doesn't even take into account shrimp, scallops, crab, & lobster.
I'd bet shut up. I'm gettin hungry again.

Latest posts

Back