Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
140mm a standard the world over...

140mm.jpg

Herpetologists count various subspecies, it gets confusing when listening to those folks.

Talk about striking at a distance... 305mm soviet rail gun?

View attachment 61078

Is that behemoth an electric railgun or is it a gun that rides on the rails (RR tracks)?

The copperheads we had around didn't seem to try to bite people. When my satellite was being installed, the installer brought his kid with him (not sure why the kid wasn't in school as it was on a school day during school hours). The kid stepped on a copperhead and it didn't do anything. I looked down, saw it, and told the kid to move away very slowly and went to get a machete. Installer was freaked out.

The kid stepped on a copperhead and it didn't do anything.
When I hiked a lot at our last place, I saw many rattle snakes. I stepped on several over the years. I was never bitten.
I think because the snakes were curled up and sleeping during the day. As I was walking by the time they were ready to strike I was already well out of range. Or maybe I just didn't smell good:)

According to conservation dept. We have no cotton mouths here. So being a smart aleck kid, when I was 12, I killed one at a city lake and took it to the agent on my bike. He agreed it was a cottonmouth but swore I could not have killed it here.

Another happy critter, but no happy camper.

View attachment 61127
There is a game preserve within walking distance of my place with buffalo. The bulls do not stand for being messed with even with a double chain link fence between the stupid teen (aka me) and them.

If TEOTWAWKI ever happens I plan to walk there with a set of bolt cutters to let them loose. They would be sitting ducks to the hungry non-preppers. Let them loose and they can take care of themselves.

Ben

I misread "conservation" as "conversation" and was wondering what the hell a conversation dept was. LOL. I showed my doctor the picture of the green Soylent. He looked at it real close, zoomed in, and laughed. We all said "Soylent green is people!" at the same time.

I found this pic of my mom funny. She fell asleep on the way home from her eye doctor. Had her sunglasses on and reading glasses on her nose. The building behind used to be an orphanage run by freemasons. We call it the Orphanarium. Beautiful old building, but they put up some ugly clinic in front of it and it makes me sad every time I go by. Wish I'd had the $ to buy the place and put a fountain in front instead of blocking it with another building.
MomMar8-2021-3.jpg

I will note that Mom is 70 and does not dye her hair.

Ha! mr meer posted a photo the other day. I only saw the bottom half of the photo not knowing there was an upper half until today.

The upper half is a place I know well, been there several times. It's a place filled with rare medicinal plants and difficult to get to, quite a hike.

The dark spot in the right bottom corner of my first photo is someone's head.

Bankhead (0).jpg
Bankhead (1) sm.jpg

There is a game preserve within walking distance of my place with buffalo. The bulls do not stand for being messed with even with a double chain link fence between the stupid teen (aka me) and them.

If TEOTWAWKI ever happens I plan to walk there with a set of bolt cutters to let them loose. They would be sitting ducks to the hungry non-preppers. Let them loose and they can take care of themselves.

Ben

They are placing buffalo all over the states now.Below are some here in Florida at The Villiages. I bet they are hot in summer.

1616022347023.png

Back