Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1616937807480.jpg

Jim

The food looks so good! I wish we had "Yum" emojis. Like a smiley licking its lips. Also would be neat to get the new "care" emoji like FB added.
One of these days I'll get pics of the flowers blooming in the area. Lots of bright pink ones. Bouganvillas or something? Not sure on the spelling and too lazy to google it.

The only falling tree and the only car on the road... It might be a joke if it wasn't so tragic.

I used to consult to a company in Cleveland were their facilty was built on canadian geese nesting grounds. The geese were mean and would build nests were they wanted. One year a pair built a nest in the middle of the main drive. Barriers were put up and an alternate entrance was used. I had to thinkout my path between buildings to avoid them.

A year or so latter I returned and asked where were the geese. They paid a woman to walk her dog daily. Problem solved.

Ben

They hit Colorado twice a year - once heading south, once heading back north. They poop everywhere. A walk in the park is not pleasant because of that mess during goose season, I usually stick to hiking trails and street-side walks and avoid the parks when those fowl defecators are here.

I used to consult to a company in Cleveland were their facilty was built on canadian geese nesting grounds. The geese were mean and would build nests were they wanted. One year a pair built a nest in the middle of the main drive. Barriers were put up and an alternate entrance was used. I had to thinkout my path between buildings to avoid them.

A year or so latter I returned and asked where were the geese. They paid a woman to walk her dog daily. Problem solved.

Ben
They are extremely plentiful and considered to be a nuisance and health concern where we used to live in Alabama:
K34I7DCOQBKADD5PUWMNX26BCY.jpg

I remembered my dad hunting them when I was a kid. We had more than we could eat.
Maybe shooting and eating them instead of protecting them will work once again. :(
“The birds are protected under the Migratory Game Bird Act. They cannot be legally moved. If they were, they would just fly back.” Marianne Hudson with ADCNR says. “In addition, relocating a problem to another area does not solve the problem, it simply moves it to become someone else’s problem.”

Last edited:
Beautiful! It looks very similar to the dress granddaughter just got. She is in 10th grade, but was invited by a junior, so she'll be going in a few weeks. The top on hers is a little different, but otherwise it's the same dress. Ordered it online from Dillards. She has to have the lace part taken up about 3 inches. The inner slips in tan color are already shorter, so thank goodness for that. I didn't want to attempt hemming the lace, so an Amish lady at her work said she'd try it.

My Aunt and Uncle had 4 daughters so they bought a lot of formal dresses.
They must have had over 50 dresses.
My Uncle worked at the school so he always knew which girls could not afford a dress. He would have them go to his house and his daughters would open a huge closet and let the girls pick out a dress.
Those dresses got used for more proms than you could imagine.

That's the way to do it. Our youngest daughters had dance dresses and dances for ballroom dancing classes and shows. They've given away all of their dresses already to older granddaughters. Too bad this one won't benefit. But she can certainly save for her younger sis. She showed me a photo of her friend's dress that paid $400 at a wedding shop, and it was pretty, but I like granddaughter's better. Then another friend got lucky and found a gorgeous dress at the thrift store in her size, no altering needed for $10. Ya never know.

Latest posts

Back