Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jakes Freshman school photo.

D4DB4CF5-F1C4-483E-AA51-458386DDB68D.jpeg

Are you a Mopar guy?

Absolutely. I have owned them all of my life. I had my first Mopar in the yard before I had a DL, 67 Coronet. I wish I still had my 68 Dart 340 and my 68 Barracuda oh and probably the 62 New Yorker I drove in high school, 383 push button automatic, 8 3/4 rear with a suregrip.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I have owned them all of my life. I had my first Mopar in the yard before I had a DL, 67 Coronet. I wish I still had my 68 Dart 340 and my 68 Barracuda oh and probably the 62 New Yorker I drove in high school, 383 push button automatic, 8 3/4 rear with a suregrip.
I drag raced for over 20 years one of my favorite cars was a charger. It was a 360 stroked to 414 with w5 aluminum heads running on alcohol with a built 727 and a 9 inch ford. It ran 980s easily without spraying it. I went from that car into a rail. Miss the racing days sometimes.

3F8A2878-F295-4C2F-B1B6-6B5E4C23B42E.jpeg

Nice, I have never had anything that fancy, but I have had enough of them to be kicking myself right now for not hanging on to them, I would have a nice bank account.

A body Mopars are starting to bring some real money now. B and E bodies have always been strong.

A 68 Charger (my favorite year) that needs a complete rebuild are bring ridiculous money, 20 to 30 thousand in some instances and it still needs completely restored. The old Superbirds are just out of this world, 250,000 to 500,000.

Nice, I have never had anything that fancy, but I have had enough of them to be kicking myself right now for not hanging on to them, I would have a nice bank account.

A body Mopars are starting to bring some real money now. B and E bodies have always been strong.

A 68 Charger (my favorite year) that needs a complete rebuild are bring ridiculous money, 20 to 30 thousand in some instances and it still needs completely restored. The old Superbirds are just out of this world, 250,000 to 500,000.
I had a Roadrunner I wish I had kept!

I never had a Mopar. But they were some bad ass rides. Neighbor had a Duster with a 340 that was stock, but stout. Guy down the road had 2 Super Birds. They were REAL BAD!!!!!!

I went back and forth between Fords and Chevy's. Had a couple Mustangs and a couple Camaro's. None were really race worthy, but decent street rods.
My racin days were on 2 wheels. Drag raced a couple different Kawasaki 500 2 strokes. One was a street bike, that would run mid 13's. The other was pretty well built, lowered with struts on the rear, slick, wheelie bars. Engine converted to niro and alcohol. It'd run low 10's. It beat Kawasaki 900's heads up regularly.
I also raced motocross and enduro. Best bike was a Suzuki RM 250. That thing was QUICK and a lot of fun

I never had a Mopar. But they were some bad ass rides. Neighbor had a Duster with a 340 that was stock, but stout. Guy down the road had 2 Super Birds. They were REAL BAD!!!!!!

I went back and forth between Fords and Chevy's. Had a couple Mustangs and a couple Camaro's. None were really race worthy, but decent street rods.
My racin days were on 2 wheels. Drag raced a couple different Kawasaki 500 2 strokes. One was a street bike, that would run mid 13's. The other was pretty well built, lowered with struts on the rear, slick, wheelie bars. Engine converted to niro and alcohol. It'd run low 10's. It beat Kawasaki 900's heads up regularly.
I also raced motocross and enduro. Best bike was a Suzuki RM 250. That thing was QUICK and a lot of fun
I always wanted a drag bike, figure I’m to old for that now.

I never really raced bikes, but I did ride them on the street. It's a wonder I'm still here to talk about it.

The thrill of twisting that grip and the bike trying to spit you off the back is, well, quite the rush, lol. Those Kawasaki, 'killer kaws' were torque monsters, I love torque, but one had to be really careful, it was nearly impossible to keep the front tire on the ground going through the gears.

Those 2 strokes we ran were quick. But they needed to be cooled between runs. One night had to run 3 rounds back to back including the finals of the night. Between 2nd and 3rd pass it lost half a second. Saw the same again after that. Cost me a win that night.
Had to build a seat with a rise in the back to help hold my butt in place. With the wheelie bars, it'd stay on them other than gear changes till half track or so.
I never rode much on the street. Likely I wouldn't be here today if I had. I would have tried to ride there like I did everywhere else I rode and that just wouldbt have worked out well

Must be something about cars, lol. My grandson, he would stand there wiggling the steering wheel while making vroom vroom sounds.

Picture 004.jpg

Ok, this is a screenshot, but I'm getting this weirdness when I try to view the plumbingforums.
I can't see any actual posts nor am I able to post with this mess. When I scroll down it just has search at the bottom. I'm having something similar on the flooringforum but it's mostly codes and text.
1667005726333.png

Ok, this is a screenshot, but I'm getting this weirdness when I try to view the plumbingforums.
I can't see any actual posts nor am I able to post with this mess. When I scroll down it just has search at the bottom. I'm having something similar on the flooringforum but it's mostly codes and text.
View attachment 96952
The sites are coming back!!

Latest posts

Back