Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b tree lean.jpg

For a few days then everything will be brown for months.
Around here it will be the green of fir, pine and live oak trees, right now all the big leaf maples are a brilliant yellow, pretty soon all that will be left is the bare branches.

My hubby likes to do stuff like that. Our first house he painted one living room wall to be a view of the neighbors house through open studs with insulation around the edges.

I didn't like it, but the house sold quick in a housing crash when we moved over seas during the 80's.

I like the stairs above, but he would probably paint something creepy into them, these days.

Our farm house had eyeballs and gremlins peeking out of knot holes in the natural woodwork he did for the ceilings and cabinets.

Nice shot of the Saturn V, always my favorite rocket! There used to be one standing in a visitor center or rest area on I-65, way up at the top of the state. Maybe it's still there, that was practically a quarter-century ago... did rockets get 'canceled' by the woketards? :oops:

Also, that gazebo is reminiscent of the towers on the Hotel Del Coronado... reminded me of the old 'Victorian Fire Hazard' when I saw the pic, lol. :rolleyes:

Here's the Saturn V that was in another section of the Space & Rocket Center. This is like the one at the State Line welcome center.
Dad was a working on calibrating the gyros for the Saturn V. Uncle was working on the static test stand, and Mom worked with the human factors folks for where the buttons and switches went in the Gemini capsule. I'm a space brat.

1668460668670.png

:huggs:I miss Madison☹️.
Spent years there.
They had Real Stuff there.:thumbs:
A-122060-693020Huntsville.jpg

(my dad designed parts of the Saturn V:))

That's still out front, but it was too dark to get a good photo of it the other night. It didn't have spotlights on it.

Here's the Saturn V which stood (an possibly still stands) in the visitor center & rest area on I-65, up at the top of the state:

IMG_1974.JPG

Kind of a fuzzy pic, but it is what it is, lol. I was using an old school 35mm automatic camera at the time, not a digital camera like we have today. :confused:

On an unrelated note, here is the China platter I used for the turkey I roasted the other day, once the bird came out of the oven. I threw in a shot of a plate from the same set, these belonged to me beloved & dear departed mum:

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

Since I had the platter out after washing it, I figured I'd snap a shot or two, lol. This 'China' was actually made in Japan by an outfit called MJTA, dunno what the letters stand for in the logo but the dishes are pretty nice. I saved 'em to use as a way of honoring me mum's memory, 10-4? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back