Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canadian Valentine?

motiveflake17_12_2_2018_19_33_33_932.jpg

These are actual Eurasian wild pigs, not like in the US feral hogs,
They come down from the mountains and people feed them because the babies are "so cute and they must be starving"
Bit of a rant about it but bear with me...
So the geniuses that are Hong Kong people in our village put their dinner left overs in plastic bags, and just throw the bag and all on the ground where the pigs are.
So there is a little hill plastic bags with half rotten food crap, attracting rats, pigs, monkeys.
Snakes come around because of the rats, people call the agriculture and fisheries dept. Because of the rats and snakes. Government man comes by, puts out sweet smelling rat poison everywhere. And one six inch sign....
Neighbors dogs eat the poison and die.
Gooberment comes and tries to CHASE the pigs with a big fishing net to catch them.
Been a cycle like this for the past 6 years.
Last year I counted around 20 at one
time. Things are so tame you can scratch them on the nose while they eat out of your hand.
Our dogs chase them off for a few weeks then the monkies come and destroy the place.

Never ending cycle.
Where do you live?

That will be my truck soon. We need to replace the fuel pump which now has to be moved to the tank which means pulling the bed. Told hubby I wanted a flat bed instead of the old dented one so he said he'd build me one. Of course that means I may just have a cab and frame with no bed at all. He said he'd build me a picnic table when my oldest was 2. She just turned 22 and I still don't have a picnic table....

Isn't all of Hong Kong densely populated? When you say a little village, small towns with few or no services comes to my mind. That is probably not true for anywhere in Hong Kong.

Around 7.5~8million people at any given time.

There are three parts to Hong Kong. The Island side, Kowloon side and New Territories.
All are crowded but the farther out in the new territories you get the less people. Still only a 10minute walk to the town but we can be in the mountains and jungle in 10 min also.

Ill get some pictures up when I get to work.

Back