Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We stayed at my son and DIL's house last week while they were away.
They have a very ill pit bull and a huge German Shepard and a rescue cat.
The dogs were ok but that cat did not like my wife or I.
I went to pick him up and he was all teeth and hissing.
I did not pick him up. I call him Cujo the cat.

My friend saw this in the store:
1691533294829.png

We have a cat I have not touched since her seizure, I'm pretty it messed with her brain. It's Ok, she is the weird cat you keep in the attic. I do actually see her now an then :). She gets her Meds, and food and her Cat mom Penelope looks after her, and her brother Maneki has overwatch.

gack.jpg

I love (real) cheese. American cheese is not real cheese - it's some kid of hybrid-mix-product made out of ??? I can stomach a grilled cheese sandwich made out of American cheese. And I can get by with a single slice it on a cheeseburger if there is no other real cheese available.

This much of it makes me nauseous just by the sight of it. Burger King actually serves this in Thailand. It's a cheeseburger without the burger, and just tons of ... gross!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/11/business/thailand-burger-king-cheeseburger-intl-hnk/index.html

View attachment 113614

I love (real) cheese. American cheese is not real cheese - it's some kid of hybrid-mix-product made out of ??? I can stomach a grilled cheese sandwich made out of American cheese. And I can get by with a single slice it on a cheeseburger if there is no other real cheese available.

This much of it makes me nauseous just by the sight of it. Burger King actually serves this in Thailand. It's a cheeseburger without the burger, and just tons of ... gross!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/11/business/thailand-burger-king-cheeseburger-intl-hnk/index.html
When I make grilled cheese sandwiches, I do use a slice of “American cheese” (which I keep on hand for dog treats) but then I add Pepperjack, extra sharp cheddar, Provolone. Then it becomes a great sandwich.

I've been attacked and had to see a doctor because of a guard cat.

I've been attacked and had to see a doctor because of a guard cat.
Scooter was a 22 lb Maine Coon mix, when people came to the door, he would stand at the top of the steps and growl.

What an AWESOME horse!!
My understanding is this horse has never been riden before. He belonged to an old rancher down the road. He knew I wanted this horse, so when he died his family gave him to me. He spent his life in the mountains on range land and was hard to catch. He'll follow the kids around and will let them climb all over him.

My understanding is this horse has never been riden before. He belonged to an old rancher down the road. He knew I wanted this horse, so when he died his family gave him to me. He spent his life in the mountains on range land and was hard to catch. He'll follow the kids around and will let them climb all over him.
What a SMART horse!

My understanding is this horse has never been riden before.

That is one very tolerant unbroken horse you've got there! :oops:

Your grandson looks very good up there. I miss our horses (all have died now) and the joy my kids used to have riding them and training them.

Here are some unbroken buffalo, and their future horn jockeys:

Screenshot at 2023-08-11 15-20-57.png

Screenshot at 2023-08-11 15-19-51.png

That is one very tolerant unbroken horse you've got there! :oops:

Your grandson looks very good up there. I miss our horses (all have died now) and the joy my kids used to have riding them and training them.

Here are some unbroken buffalo, and their future horn jockeys:

View attachment 113737

View attachment 113739
These people are total idiots, I've mentioned this before but we had a guy, less than a mile toward town, that was raising Bison and one time a calf was raising a ruckus, it's mom was making a fuss and the owner climbed into the pen, (To calm things down?), he ended up having the bull hooked his guts out and he died pretty much where he stood. It's amazing to how many people are temping a similar fate, with bull elk as well, I'm beginning to believe people have a death wise and then when something bad happens, the park rangers will be yelled at for having dangerous animals around that have a killing instinct, even after reading warning signs or being told to stay far enough away. I can just see these very same people going into the wilds of Africa and pulling the same stunt and ending up in a lions guts or run into a pancake in the sand by an elephant, rhino or some other large heavy animal that doesn't give a rip about your selfies.

This allis had a 4 cylinder engine so it sounded smooth. Still only about 18hp though.

A John deer B had a 2 cylinder engine which gave it that 'pop-pop' sound when running. About 16hp for the early models, up to 28hp in last years.
My boss that did side sewer hook ups had one of those old "Johnny Poppers", it had aback hoe with pivot pins so worn that the whole assemble wobbled all over and one time while he was trying to find the side sewer line he told me to put a shovel over a natural gas line that was in the same ditch area, but before I could yell stop the wobbly old bucket hooked the gas line and pulled it out of a shutoff, he about crapped his britches, shut down and called the gas company, he was upset with me but I think he realized that the worn out back hoe was a large part of the problem. Anyway, I can still hear that old JD, pop, pop - pop, pop in my mind after all those years.

Latest posts

Back