Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b n helmut.jpeg

I'm curious how/where you found this???🤔😃

A social media site for photographers who post black and white photos. I find most of it interesting but every once in a while i see something really unique.... worth saving a copy. A different group has color photos. I check both sites occasionally (even though i know nothing about photography).

I’ve not tried that but I love both onions and tomatoes, so I will give it a go. Doesn’t it get real wet with tomato in it?
I take the seeds out and pat the tomato dry with a paper towel. I also lightly butter one side of the bread slices (rye😊)and 'toast' that one side. Take it out of the pan and butter (or mayo or oil) the other sides. Put one of the untoasted sides down, assemble rest of sandwich on toasted side, top with other slice (toasted side down), grill as usual. Keeps that inside from getting wet. The inside is not hard after sandwich is done! Hope that made sense. Now I want a grilled cheese!!

I fully admit, I want to go pet those bison, but wanting to do something and actually doing it are two different things. They look so cuddly though. LOL.
We have vastly different ideas of Cuddly :). Not that you are wrong, but : :)

1691981192592.png

So my sweet wife has been encouraging me to take my photography more seriously. After taking those shots of our son, I've been solicited by four other seniors to take their senior portraits. She knows that I am fed up with the collision industry and owning a body shop. The overhead is ridiculous and the return is minimal. She wants me to develop an exit plan from the shop and entry plan to photography. I bit the bullet and spent some of my hard earned money on a new camera a couple of weeks ago, and have been working hard to build a portfolio.
20230806_152644.jpg

And this is going to be the first published photo taken with it, for the high school seniors football banner:
9A9A0217.jpg

Great picture. Real nice camera too.
BTW what kinda pipe is that? What tobacco do you enjoy smoking?
Thank you! That's a Savinelli Virginia Prince. As the name suggests, I like virginia blends. Been smoking a pipe for going on 15 years now. Started with aromatics, like most do, then ventured into Englishes then I found Virginias and haven't looked back since. Still have a bowl of English blends when the weather gets cooler and try to stick to lightly topped Virginias in the winter time, when my dear bride will tolerate me smoking inside!

I just recently started smoking an occasional bowl. Vastly different than cigars, which i've enjoyed for years. I've got my eye on a Saninelli 313. Its a Churchwarden style. Gonna wait and make sure I like a pipe good enough before investing in a good pipe.
Wife really likes the aroma of some aromatics. Her favorite in The Country Squires second Breakfast blend. She lets me smoke it inside.

Saw this today, a grist mill used to sit here. Part of the dam is still visible, some of the pilings. It was founded by an ancestor. The spring in front of my house that I drink from is the head water of this creek. The mill was still here when I was a kid. Wasn’t used, most of it had collapsed. I remember walking out on some of the floor timbers and fishing.

About 100yds down stream there are depressions in the hillside. They were dugout cabins built by southerners who refused to fight in the civil war. As wanted men they couldn’t stay home.

My ancestor would feed them, give them a little corn meal. Everyone for miles around who brought corn to be ground knew a handful of their corn went to feed those guys. Very common during the war all over the south.

20230815_mill pond02sm.jpg

I just recently started smoking an occasional bowl. Vastly different than cigars, which i've enjoyed for years. I've got my eye on a Saninelli 313. Its a Churchwarden style. Gonna wait and make sure I like a pipe good enough before investing in a good pipe.
Wife really likes the aroma of some aromatics. Her favorite in The Country Squires second Breakfast blend. She lets me smoke it inside.
I'm actually smoking a bowl of Rivendell right now. It's a Virginia and Kentucky blend with just a light cocoa topping, goes great with coffee. Second Breakfast is a great aromatic. If you didn't know, John David of the Country Squire did a podcast that just ended earlier this year, 500+ episodes of it. I don't care particularly for his co-host, Beau, but the episodes are usually pretty entertaining. It's called Country Squire Radio.

Latest posts

Back