Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the hands-only CPR is something fairly new- the American Heart Association found when lay people do CPR, they were not getting the breathing right, didn't want to do mouth-to-mouth with a stranger, or didn't get the airway open right. They found that if people could do compressions without the breathing part, the patient has just as good a chance as surviving- better, in fact, since there were more compressions done than the old way. You'll still see professional rescuers doing the old way, but they've been better trained to get the airway part right than your average lay rescuer.
I have had CPR training several times. Everyone should be trained. Knowing some of the people in my trainings, colleagues, I knew that some of them would never be able to do it in any form. I think a trainer said that only 40% of people can actually perform when it is needed. I don't know how accurate that information really is.

Undoubtedly the most persistent ground vine I've ever seen
IMG_20180304_120418.jpg
IMG_20180304_120402.jpg
IMG_20180304_120418.jpg
IMG_20180304_120402.jpg

When I see pictures of old dilapidated buildings I can't help but think that at one time they were someones dream for a better life.
I wonder what happened to them.

Maybe they moved on up. Or they left because of depression or dust bowl times.

My granddaddy was run out of WayCross Ga. by his wife with a shotgun for gambling and womanizing. He went to work in Atlanta at Marrita Bread Com.when depression hit he was one of the few who had plenty of work for the Bread Lines and bought homes all over Atlanta for pennies on the dollar during the Great Depression. He started out in a shack like one of those. He was born in 1860s.

When I see pictures of old dilapidated buildings I can't help but think that at one time they were someones dream for a better life.
I wonder what happened to them.

My great uncle worked at a Standard Oil service station, went to war, came back and worked at that same station (eventually as manager) until he retired. He put in an incredible amount of hours there and I remember visiting him more at the station than his home. It was closed soon after he retired. I sometimes like to stop by it to remind myself that life is fleeting and today's priorities are sometimes tomorrow's regrets.

Standard_Oil_Service_Station.JPG

My great uncle worked at a Standard Oil service station, went to war, came back and worked at that same station (eventually as manager) until he retired. He put in an incredible amount of hours there and I remember visiting him more at the station than his home. It was closed soon after he retired. I sometimes like to stop by it to remind myself that life is fleeting and today's priorities are sometimes tomorrow's regrets.

View attachment 4979

Sentry our ancestor American immigrants were some tough hard working folks. We owe them for what they built and we are losing.

Sentry our ancestor American immigrants were some tough hard working folks. We owe them for what they built and we are losing.

That is definitely true. But the point I was trying to make was that no one watches their children go off to college/military, get married or head out to live their own lives and thinks to themselves "I wish I would have worked more" or "I spent too much time with my kids". Time goes by so fast and I do not to wake up and realize that busting my butt for a promotion cost me precious time with my offspring.

That is definitely true. But the point I was trying to make was that no one watches their children go off to college/military, get married or head out to live their own lives and thinks to themselves "I wish I would have worked more" or "I spent too much time with my kids". Time goes by so fast and I do not to wake up and realize that busting my butt for a promotion cost me precious time with my offspring.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

Not unusual for me to miss the point. I do understand about the family thing for sure. I as telling my daughter today that nobody says on their death bed they wish they had of worked more. Funny how these subjects come up in sessions. [Today is a not be able to speak day, and even if I can find the right word I may not be able to spell it.]:dunno:
Well they have a mother in law suite in that mansion they just built but I have a feeling the rich MIL will get that one. Or maybe not she is buying a house on the same block so I may escape the institutionalized care home. :eyeballs:

Latest posts

Back