Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet there is a story here.

efukqzy96yffzewakc-oq5f8am25ye145-elv-jri7qwtmk.jpg

He was obviously speeding and operating the boat in a reckless manner. (how else could the boat end up in the road a quarter mile or more from any body of water?):eyeballs::dunno::waiting:

He was obviously speeding and operating the boat in a reckless manner. (how else could the boat end up in the road a quarter mile or more from any body of water?):eyeballs::dunno::waiting:
It wasn't tied down to the trailer and fell off, probably when the driver took off at a stop sign or light. ;)
Edit. Look at the bow. It appears to have a short piece of rope dangling which could imply the winch rope snapped. Should still have had stern straps securing it to the trailer but maybe they weren't installed or failed as well.

My great uncle worked at a Standard Oil service station, went to war, came back and worked at that same station (eventually as manager) until he retired. He put in an incredible amount of hours there and I remember visiting him more at the station than his home. It was closed soon after he retired. I sometimes like to stop by it to remind myself that life is fleeting and today's priorities are sometimes tomorrow's regrets.

View attachment 4979
It seems that many of our children want a better life than we had or provided for them. Many adult children know what their parents went through and do not want to have that life.

Before welfare, if you didn't work, you wouldn't be able to provide for yourself and your children. Knowing how to work is part of training and modeling by parents. Knowing how to seek handouts is also part of training and modeling by parents.

When my daughter was born, a woman I knew who was a grandmother told me that if she could do anything over, she would have spent more time with her 8 children and much less time making sure she had a clean house.

It seems that many of our children want a better life than we had or provided for them. Many adult children know what their parents went through and do not want to have that life.

Before welfare, if you didn't work, you wouldn't be able to provide for yourself and your children. Knowing how to work is part of training and modeling by parents. Knowing how to seek handouts is also part of training and modeling by parents.

When my daughter was born, a woman I knew who was a grandmother told me that if she could do anything over, she would have spent more time with her 8 children and much less time making sure she had a clean house.

About 40 years ago a neighbors daughter came in an announced she was pregnant and said "now I'll get a bigger welfare check".
When I was young most people would actually go hungry before they would beg. Many wouldn't even accept charity from their own church or family.

I probably saw Johnny Carson less than a half dozen times in my life when his show was live, but I did see Tiger Woods as a very small child on there. He was 2 years old, and this is probably why he is so messed up. Too much attention and "isn't he wonderful?" made him narcissistic.

Latest posts

Back