Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goodness! What flags are those and what is the one above American flag?
POW/MIA flag is on the left. It is not really higher, it just looks that way because of the angle of the camera shot.

20180317_142903.jpg

A central shed home and out buildings . Man and wife live there. I visited once.

Don't know here.... I think he/she actually works there at the Hardy's. If you know the area it's right on 441/27-41

Well they have a lot of nerve to advertise all that, lol. I do know the area has lots of Olustee Civil War Enactment actors in the area. Every year in downtown Lake City the whole town celebrates it. So no shortage of conderates for sure.
I was just surprised the flag positions. Or maybe it is customary to fly state flag above American, don't know.

View attachment 5447

A central shed home and out buildings . Man and wife live there. I visited once.

You keep making me very homesick. :cry:. Not only is there not a single rock in this state, but also very few beautiful rolling hills either. Everything is rockless and mostly flat. I don't consider limerock rock.

PS Angie, nice job on the St Paddy's Day Doll.:thumbs up:

You keep making me very homesick. :cry:. Not only is there not a single rock in this state, but also very few beautiful rolling hills either. Everything is rockless and mostly flat. I don't consider limerock rock.

PS Angie, nice job on the St Paddy's Day Doll.:thumbs up:
That's why I'm retiring in N. Florida. No mountains or anything like that but lots of nice rolling hills.....reminds me of areas in Ohio....

That's why I'm retiring in N. Florida. No mountains or anything like that but lots of nice rolling hills.....reminds me of areas in Ohio....

Yes a few places do have some nice rolling hills but none near us. Want a hill here and you best bring a backhoe or better yet bulldozer. But I do like Florida been my home off and on [ mostly on ] for past 45 years. Mama said I got sand in my shoes. But really it was all the water and seashores.

Cabin on a hill, for Meerkat.
Saw it yesterday.View attachment 5449

Nice big tree and neat car.View attachment 5450

My goodness! Just like the house mama said we should have bought that is outside of Green Cove Springs,Fl. , Key Stone Heights I think it was. One of a few with a hill that steep. It was also close to the ICW aka St.Johns River. Love them hills.

View attachment 5447

I have thought that the shed home idea would work for many people, just as the tiny homes would. I know younger people (adults) who are struggling to find work that gives them enough income to keep their heads above water. There are many senior citizens who are struggling to make ends meet. I know some who have always spent every cent that came their way, with no thought for the future, so they have painted themselves into a corner.

The shed home gives some people a way to not be strapped to a large mortgage payment, but to be able to provide shelter for their family.

I do know that in some places each building on your property is taxed. Size and type of building makes a difference as well.

I have thought that the shed home idea would work for many people, just as the tiny homes would. I know younger people (adults) who are struggling to find work that gives them enough income to keep their heads above water. There are many senior citizens who are struggling to make ends meet. I know some who have always spent every cent that came their way, with no thought for the future, so they have painted themselves into a corner.

The shed home gives some people a way to not be strapped to a large mortgage payment, but to be able to provide shelter for their family.

I do know that in some places each building on your property is taxed. Size and type of building makes a difference as well.
Nice thing here in Florida. If not over 14x40 and on Skids they hurricane strap them and they are a shed..No property taxes...I'm going to do that or another camper... Newer than i have now. I like the shed idea though...Bot a camper already has everything in it...But the.......:eek:o_O Like i said...I can't decide...

Nice thing here in Florida. If not over 14x40 and on Skids they hurricane strap them and they are a shed..No property taxes...I'm going to do that or another camper... Newer than i have now. I like the shed idea though...Bot a camper already has everything in it...But the.......:eek:o_O Like i said...I can't decide...
I think you are not alone! Some people are restless, some are always ready to try something new.

Did you sew the outfit? Which American girl doll is that?

This is a doll I bought with no hair or eyes. I sent her, a wig, and non AG eyes to a friend. Put her together and gave her face a touch more color. So she's a custom doll. And I did make the dress.

20180213_153639.jpg
20180315_224444.jpg

This is a doll I bought with no hair or eyes. I sent her, a wig, and non AG eyes to a friend. Put her together and gave her face a touch more color. So she's a custom doll. And I did make the dress.

View attachment 5464 View attachment 5466

A woman I craft with buys ball jointed dolls from Korea that need everything like yours did. She pays around $300 for her dolls and has a few. They have nice clothing and she is always working on something for them. She does photo shoots of her dolls as well.

Your doll looks like an American Girl doll, probably the same size.

View attachment 5464 View attachment 5466
The top picture with no eyes and hair is not something I would like standing at the foot of my bed in the middle of the night ....
Whispering....eyes...eyes....eyes....

Last edited:
A woman I craft with buys ball jointed dolls from Korea that need everything like yours did. She pays around $300 for her dolls and has a few. They have nice clothing and she is always working on something for them. She does photo shoots of her dolls as well.

Your doll looks like an American Girl doll, probably the same size.

Oh, it is American Girl doll. Just one taken apart before I bought the body. I'm not sure, but she's probably one of the Truly Me versions. I have others that have the names and history.

Oh, it is American Girl doll. Just one taken apart before I bought the body. I'm not sure, but she's probably one of the Truly Me versions. I have others that have the names and history.
My oldest Sister Collects Life size Dolls of Children. Very Expensive. From Europe. Some have Cadaver Hair. They are all over her House. Its Creepy. They look like Real Children with no Soul. They stare at you.

My oldest Sister Collects Life size Dolls of Children. Very Expensive. From Europe. Some have Cadaver Hair. They are all over her House. Its Creepy. They look like Real Children with no Soul. They stare at you.

That's strange. I have an Aunt that collects the dolls that look like real babies and are expensive too.

The last 2 pumpkins from our storage last year that we pureed today for the freezer in meal size portions for the two of us and we ended up with 6lts and I saved the seeds from these too for seed stocks for us to plant and some to sell on the internet too. These are called Qld Blue pumpkins here in Australia.

pumpkin qld blue.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back