Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Battle of the Office Moving Boxes" is well underway, the Box Rebellion is being quelled:

1710522870950.png

What kinda pipe is that Dade? Must be a Peterson
It is. Every other one is up at the new house, this one is a Peterson 313. I don't know what happens if you smoke a not irish pipe on St Patricks Day, I do not want to risk a Leprechan SEAL team.

I dont have a Pete. I might find out afterwhile with my Savinelli 601 Churchwarden. Hopefully they don't kick my butt too bad
Frankly, they are not my favorites, but it is St Patricks day. This one hangs around because of a connection from long long ago.

This is a drone shot of the new swimming pool in my home town in South Dakota. It is supposed to be completed in a couple months. It is on the south edge of town. If you look to the top of the photo, above the horizon, you will see wind turbines. These were the most productive wind turbines in the U.S. from the time they were built and may still be. It is a windy place. Continuing down the road is a reservation and Big Bend Dam on the Missouri River, also used for power.
Highmore's new pool.jpg

There had been an Olympic sized pool in the same location since around 1960 that was torn out a couple years ago. It had served the community for 60 years.

There was lots of fundraising for the first pool done mainly by the local Civic League. My mother was a part of the Civic League's fundraising, but she was deceased before the pool was built. A former resident, a rancher who moved to Nebraska, had donated lots of money to get the first one built.

The community does lots of fund raisers and so far has raised about $911,000 towards building the new pool. I looked at the donation list and there were many people donating $1000's for the pool build. I have donated money because I realize how important the pool was to us when we were growing up. The pool cost about $2,000,000. I don't know where the rest of the money will come from for the pool. The community does not qualify for a Head Start program because the farmers and rancher's income raises the financial threshold above the qualification level.

There are less than 700 people in the county.

In a small town, a swimming pool can be such a great thing for children in the summer. I spent most of my days there when I wasn't out at my other grandparent's ranch. I took as many swimming lessons as I could. When I was a kid, it was 10 cents a day to go swimming, or $3.00 for a summer pass. I worked in the office of the pool one summer while I was in college.

Ok, not a photo but I got video of a little friend on the dish soap dispenser.
View attachment 126737
He needs to get busy with those bugs on the wall!
We have those chameleons outside and they eat damgood patrolling the back patio. :thumbs:
If it flies, it dies!:waiting:
I've seen them eat bugs way bigger than I thought was possible.:oops:
(forgot the pic) Here's your hunter:

Last edited:
It's probably not a real photo. But it's a good one. I removed it.

Here is my real photo.
A little beach in Palau, Sardinia. Me and my son are in the picture. I'm not the girl in the towel.
View attachment 126712

Ha! I was once across the bay at La Maddalena Sardina, a military base. It was winter, cold, snowing. I remember the only entertainment was a 2 lane bowling alley on base. And beer, lots of crappy itallian beer. 🤣 They had good pizza though!

Ha! I was once across the bay at La Maddalena Sardina, a military base. It was winter, cold, snowing. I remember the only entertainment was a 2 lane bowling alley on base. And beer, lots of crappy itallian beer. 🤣 They had good pizza though!
That was really more of a compound than a base. I lived in Palau and LaMaddalena for 2 years and taught at the DoD school there. That is where I met my husband who was stationed on the Orion.

And you are right. Italian beer is terrible. Italian wine is strong. I drank a lot of it but usually had to cut it with something. Once I was so desperate I put Pepsi in my wine.

I enjoyed feeding birds. We had lots of cardinals.
I hate cardinals (and blue jays and woodpeckers but those are for another reason)!

Cardinals seem to like to attack other cardinals, including their own reflection in a window.

They peck and bang against our house windows constantly. They use our vehicle mirrors as their stoop to attack the house windows. While sitting on the mirrors, they A) crap all over it and B) peck at and attack their own reflection in the vehicles mirror. My daughter just spent nearly $40K on a brand new SUV last week. There's bird crap all over her brand new vehicle. Grrrr

Latest posts

Back