Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mona Lisa
A tidbit I heard in a recently watched documentary.
Chambord castle in France had so much incredible artwork hung in it's halls, the Mona Lisa was hung... IN A BATHROOM.
I've never seen it, but I've heard it was small. I just searched, and it doesn't really seem that small to me.

"30 inches by 21 inches

The size of the Mona Lisa is 30 inches by 21 inches (77 cm by 53 cm). The portrait is only a medium size and often smaller in real life than people expect."

I've never seen it, but I've heard it was small. I just searched, and it doesn't really seem that small to me.

"30 inches by 21 inches

The size of the Mona Lisa is 30 inches by 21 inches (77 cm by 53 cm). The portrait is only a medium size and often smaller in real life than people expect."
Yes.
What people think it is:
12-MonaLisa-Reuters.jpg

What it actually is:
Screen_Shot_2014-10-13_at_10.37.34_AM.0.png

Last edited:
I was surprised by the size of Mona, saw it while working in france. Spent a day wondering around the Louvre. Most of the art i didn't care for. I found that the people there were more interesting. Even saw a group of japanese tourists walking in a straight line and the person in the front had a little sign. There seems to be one at every tourist destination in the world! I always wondered if it was the same group, they appeared in most places I went overseas... 🤣

Funny, once a neighbor had a small limo service. I flew a lot for work so sometimes I'd catch a ride with him to Lax. He insisted i sit in back so he could open the door for me at the airport... playing the part of a classy los angeles limo service.

One morning he opened the door, i stepped out... there was a line of japanese tourists standing there. They started taking pictures of me! They thought i was someone famous getting out of the shiny stretch limo!!!! It was soooo funny!!! 🤣🤣 but i played my part (hoping no one asked for my autograph).
:LOL:

Last edited:
I was surprised by the size of Mona, saw it while working in france. Spent a day wondering around the Louvre. Most of the art i didn't care for. I found the people there were more interesting. Even saw a group of japanese tourists walking in a straight line and the person in the front had a little sign. There seems to be one at every tourist destination in the world! I always wondered if it was the same group, they appeared in most places I went overseas... 🤣

Funny, once a neighbor had a small limo service. I flew a lot for work so sometimes I'd catch a ride with him to Lax. He insisted i sit in back so he could open the door for me at the airport... playing the part of a classy los angeles limo service.

One morning he opened the door, i stepped out... there was a line of japanese tourists standing there. They started taking pictures of me! They thought i was someone famous getting out of shiny stretch limo!!!! It was soooo funny!!! 🤣🤣 but i played my part (hoping no one asked for my autograph).
:LOL:
That is really funny!

I was looking up how to reset a Carbon Monoxide detector. It displays the highest CO level detected since the last reset. I wanted to know how to reset it. I looked up the user manual via Google, and here are the reset instructions:

View attachment 127967
After the second time they woke me at 2am I disconnected them and tossed them in the trash.

Stopped in town for an oil change in my old truck. Not a reassuring sight… an oil slick. It’s not from a few drops of oil. This slick is from either the oil filter or drain plug not being tightened properly. :eyeballs: I watched my oil pressure for the first few miles, everything was ok.

20240417_au oil3.jpg

Stopped in town for an oil change in my old truck. Not a reassuring sight… an oil slick. It’s not from a few drops of oil. This slick is from either the oil filter or drain plug not being tightened properly. :eyeballs: I watched my oil pressure for the first few miles, everything was ok.

View attachment 128354
It's not the drain plug or it would be a single narrow streak.
Most likely the filter spraying in all directions.
It may be a failure of the filter itself.
Edit: Looking at it again, more likely stuff coming out of the bed, or it would have followed the truck into the garage.

Last edited:
I ordered insulated panels for my garage door.
That is the cleanest and most organized garage I've ever seen. Not that there's a whole lot of organization required. You've got like three things in the whole garage. We have thousands in ours. No room for any cars, no way. They have to fend for themselves out in the driveway in the snow.

I ordered insulated panels for my garage door. It is now much quieter and suppose to keep the garage cooler. We'll see about that, but it sure looks better!
It will keep it cooler especially if the door gets sun on it.
Too late for your project but those insulation panels are easy to make. I just bought 4x8' pieces of 1" thick polyisocyanurate foam board (with foil facers on both sides) and cut to size.

This is my cleanest garage. You can see I have the aforementioned foam board (the silver pieces) sitting there prior to me installing them.
1713443852041.jpeg

It will keep it cooler especially if the door gets sun on it.
Too late for your project but those insulation panels are easy to make. I just bought 4x8' pieces of 1" thick polyisocyanurate foam board (with foil facers on both sides) and cut to size.

This is my cleanest garage. You can see I have the aforementioned foam board (the silver pieces) sitting there prior to me installing them.
View attachment 128369
Well, now thats an idea. I have 3 or 4 foil back foam sheets in the shed, leftover from some unknow previous project.

THANKS!

Well, now thats an idea. I have 3 or 4 foil back foam sheets in the shed, leftover from some unknow previous project.

THANKS!
You're quite welcome.
Here's a tip. On the vertical dimension, don't cut your height to the opening. You're going to want it to get into the upper and lower channel areas (otherwise, the foam will just fall out when you open the door).
I "think" I cut mine right around 20".

EDIT TO ADD: My insulation has foil on both sides. You'll want to double check but as I recall:
If foil only on one side, the foil side faces the exterior.
If foil on both sides, I "think" the silver side goes to the exterior.
If possible, when installing, leave a gap between the insulation and the exterior side of the door.
Esthetically, the silver side looks better facing in but that's not what I did on this door.

1713471524069.jpeg

Last edited:
We use that foil covered foam board to close up our fireplace. We never use it anymore, so we cut a piece of that foam to wedge into the front part of the fireplace for insulation and to block drafts. When we close the glass doors that are in front of the fireplace, you don't notice the shiny silver thing inserted in there.

Going to do that on my two doors, the morning sun is right on them and it gets 85 in there quick, in the winter they are like a cooling wall in a walk in freezer.

I have the stuff picked out gonna put bubble wrap in first as a pre insulation and moisture barrier then put the foam on foil side to the door, may drill some small holes inside corner of the channel if it weeps.

I am fitting it pretty tight, mine measured 21" vertical inside the crossbeams, Horizontals were 47-1/2, 23, and 49-1/2.

I am lucky to see any of the concrete on the side my wifes car does not sit in, I clear out the space to do a task and have to move stuff to get the project in if it is a day later HEHEHEHEH.

Any open space is allocated as soon as it seen!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back