Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself as a kid with my best friend *Pam* in a Summer of 70s
She was my friend and my dog 😉
When I was at school or not home
she was in the barn with the 2 working horses

1716059360090.png

I like the C130s too bad they are not carrying loads of illegals home with paper parachutes though.

1716081287434.jpeg

1716081346542.jpeg

These are the peppers I tried to kill, I cant find the leaf cutter on the second one, I don't want to spry it but GRRRRRRRR,,,,, I think I will put a camera on the thing to see what's up with it after I quarantine it

I like the C130s too bad they are not carrying loads of illegals home with paper parachutes though.

View attachment 130208
View attachment 130209

These are the peppers I tried to kill, I cant find the leaf cutter on the second one, I don't want to spry it but GRRRRRRRR,,,,, I think I will put a camera on the thing to see what's up with it after I quarantine it
Wouldnt be great !!!!!!

By chance to you have any diatomaceous earth? Also, and more to the point, there is an insidious little creature you'd never suspect of damaging plants. They'll attack plants anywhere but especially near a light left on at night, like a porch light. You and i both live in their prime habitat. I got attacked a few years ago. It took me 2 more years to figure it out which little #$% was responsible. They put round holes in leaves...

I think the holes in your pepper plants were caused by Desmia funeralis aka the grape moth... (not to be confused with Lobesia botrana aka european grape moth)

One summer I was growing jalapeno and serrano peppers on my porch in pots. They almost wiped me out. I dusted with DE everyday just to keep the damage in check. I never saw what was doing it. The next year they attacked again. One night I noticed little black and white moths on my glass exterior door. Still didn't suspect but out of curiosity i did some research to figure out what they were. That's when i learned about the damage they do...

(if you have a glass outside door run the same experiment, turn off the porch light, leave an inside light on to attract bugs to the door)

This year i saw the first one about 2weeks ago. I'm ready with my tea candles. Candles are literally the most effective means of killing the little b*rds on potted plants. I didn't want to spray my peppers either. Diatomaceous earth is safe, ground up fossils, just rock. But it's better at killing smaller insects. One night i thought 'moth to a flame', tea candles, started using them and they work great. Actually ordered a box of 100 tea candles, use a few every summer.

If i notice damage to my porch plants I set a few candles on the window sill and turn off my porch light. Couple nights... no more problem. I've killed dozens of them. Also, the black and white pattern on their wings vary. They aren't all identical.

Grape moth .jpg
Grape moth IMG_4729 a.JPG

Last edited:
By chance to you have any diatomaceous earth? Also, and more to the point, there is an insidious little creature you'd never suspect of damaging plants. They'll attack plants anywhere but especially near a light left on at night, like a porch light. You and i both live in their prime habitat. I got attacked a few years ago. It took me 2 more years to figure it out which little #$% was responsible. They put round holes in leaves...

I think the holes in your pepper plants were caused by Desmia funeralis aka the grape moth... (not to be confused with Lobesia botrana aka european grape moth)

One summer I was growing jalapeno and serrano peppers on my porch in pots. They almost wiped me out. I dusted with DE everyday just to keep the damage in check. I never saw what was doing it. The next year they attacked again. One night I noticed little black and white moths on my glass exterior door. Still didn't suspect but out of curiosity i did some research to figure out what they were. That's when i learned about the damage they do...

(if you have a glass outside door run the same experiment, turn off the porch light, leave an inside light on to attract bugs to the door)

This year i saw the first one about 2weeks ago. I'm ready with my tea candles. They are literally the most effective means of killing the little b*rds on potted plants. I didn't want to spray my peppers either. Diatomaceous earth is safe, ground up fossils, just rock. But it's better at killing smaller insects. One night i though 'moth to a flame', tea candles, work great. Actually ordered 100 tea candles in a box, use a few every summer.

If i notice damage to my porch plants I set a few candles on the window sill and turn off my porch light. Couple nights... no more problem. I've killed dozens of them. Also, the black and white pattern on their wings vary. They aren't all identical.

View attachment 130215View attachment 130216
An accurate eye, or at least a wondering eye, can figure things out in time!?😉

Peanut, I think my dad went on the same tour through the pyramids back in 2002. IIRC, the tour guide was pregnant at the time and had to go up all those steps in those narrow spaces. She's been on TV a few times for programs about Egypt.

Ekatarina, I still have most of my old stuffed animals too. Most of them were gifts from my dad.

I got a few pics from the road and how it looked when I ventured into town and back. I had to get out and move some branches and one very small tree. Timber company cleared just enough of this one tree so they could get through to work. They were up there before 6am. Power company didn't send anyone until the next day and they had to outsource.

1716177801359.png

1716177836694.png
1716177869635.png
1716177909093.png
1716177943817.png

Video of part of the drive:

Peanut, I think my dad went on the same tour through the pyramids back in 2002. IIRC, the tour guide was pregnant at the time and had to go up all those steps in those narrow spaces. She's been on TV a few times for programs about Egypt.

Ekatarina, I still have most of my old stuffed animals too. Most of them were gifts from my dad.

I got a few pics from the road and how it looked when I ventured into town and back. I had to get out and move some branches and one very small tree. Timber company cleared just enough of this one tree so they could get through to work. They were up there before 6am. Power company didn't send anyone until the next day and they had to outsource.

View attachment 130314
View attachment 130315View attachment 130316View attachment 130317View attachment 130318
Video of part of the drive:
View attachment 130320
Dang girl, not nice!! I notice in a couple of shots that you check engine light is on!!😉

Latest posts

Back