Prayers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Guys just wanted to ask y’all to keep me and my family in your prayers and thoughts. I found out yesterday I am going to have a pretty major surgery on my back this next week. They are going in from my stomach and my back to correct some issues in my S1, L5 and L4. I’ve had a lot of pain for years and the last two years it’s been a struggle to work every day. I can’t stand for very long or walk very far. The nerve pain I’ve been experiencing for the last two years runs from my lower back to my feet, mostly down the back of my legs. Most of the time I feel like I’m standing in a fire ant bed and being constantly bitten.

I’ve gotten to the point now in my life all I do is work, come home and feed the dogs, mow using the tractor when I have to. I don’t do anything with the family anymore because of the pain from walking or standing. It’s going to be a long recovery to get back on my feet. Surgeon says about 4-6 months due to the nature of my work before I will be released to go back to work.

I Didn’t know I had back issues until I went to see a knee surgeon about doing my knee replacement surgery. After talking to him and having xrays and mri on my back he immediately told me that he would not consider doing knee surgery to fix my knees until I got my back taken care of. He told me that I couldn’t do the physical therapy for the knee replacement with my back like it is and he didn’t want to do it and have me come back two years down the road because my knees aren’t working right and have to do them a second time.

I’ve been to 3 different doctors over the last few months and they are all in agreement that I need to fix it now or it’s going to continue to get worse over time. I can not and won’t take pain meds to get by because of my job. Nor do I want to take them.

After I get recovered enough from this back surgery I will get one of my knees fixed, recover from that then get the other knee done. I’m hoping to work about 4 more years then retire so I’m hoping by the time I retire I can actually enjoy life.

I’m not looking forward to the surgery or down time but I’m ready to get to feeling better. I’ve struggled with pain for years and have never gotten any answers as to the cause from numerous other doctors. If it wasn’t from this knee surgeon I probably still wouldn’t have any answers. I’m so thankful for his guidance and knowledge during this time. He could have just done the knee surgery and moved on to the next patient. First day I met him in the office he spent an hour with me talking and asking questions and answered all my questions then he said I am going to do everything I can to get you feeling better, get you healthy and if I can’t help you I will find someone with the knowledge to help you. My last appointment with him he told me to keep him posted on my back and when your healed up with your back call me and I will get you in to do your knee within two weeks.

Mule, You will sure be in my prayers thru this. And for your family to be able to give you the support you'll need. Great on the knee Dr for looking out for your overall health. People like that are hard to come by.

I would be greatful if you'd keep us posted on how your doing. I saw a back doc a couple weeks back. I've got herniated disk at L4/5 and L5/S1. But I don't have the constant pain you do. When mine is acting up it's not as bad as yours. So they don't want to do any surgery right now.
Best of luck with your surgery.

Bacpacker thank you and I will try to keep everyone up dated when I can. Mine is chocking my spinal fluid and putting pressure on my spinal cord and nerves. Surgeon said I had 3 options. Live with the pain and it will continue to get worse over time and could cause even more issues as the nerves get chocked off even more over time. Do injections and see if it gives me any relief, did one and it helped for a few days and didn’t last long or do surgery to get the pressure off the nerves and spinal cord. I don’t do well with idle time so I know that will be part of the hard part.

Guys just wanted to ask y’all to keep me and my family in your prayers and thoughts. I found out yesterday I am going to have a pretty major surgery on my back this next week. They are going in from my stomach and my back to correct some issues in my S1, L5 and L4. I’ve had a lot of pain for years and the last two years it’s been a struggle to work every day. I can’t stand for very long or walk very far. The nerve pain I’ve been experiencing for the last two years runs from my lower back to my feet, mostly down the back of my legs. Most of the time I feel like I’m standing in a fire ant bed and being constantly bitten.

I’ve gotten to the point now in my life all I do is work, come home and feed the dogs, mow using the tractor when I have to. I don’t do anything with the family anymore because of the pain from walking or standing. It’s going to be a long recovery to get back on my feet. Surgeon says about 4-6 months due to the nature of my work before I will be released to go back to work.

I Didn’t know I had back issues until I went to see a knee surgeon about doing my knee replacement surgery. After talking to him and having xrays and mri on my back he immediately told me that he would not consider doing knee surgery to fix my knees until I got my back taken care of. He told me that I couldn’t do the physical therapy for the knee replacement with my back like it is and he didn’t want to do it and have me come back two years down the road because my knees aren’t working right and have to do them a second time.

I’ve been to 3 different doctors over the last few months and they are all in agreement that I need to fix it now or it’s going to continue to get worse over time. I can not and won’t take pain meds to get by because of my job. Nor do I want to take them.

After I get recovered enough from this back surgery I will get one of my knees fixed, recover from that then get the other knee done. I’m hoping to work about 4 more years then retire so I’m hoping by the time I retire I can actually enjoy life.

I’m not looking forward to the surgery or down time but I’m ready to get to feeling better. I’ve struggled with pain for years and have never gotten any answers as to the cause from numerous other doctors. If it wasn’t from this knee surgeon I probably still wouldn’t have any answers. I’m so thankful for his guidance and knowledge during this time. He could have just done the knee surgery and moved on to the next patient. First day I met him in the office he spent an hour with me talking and asking questions and answered all my questions then he said I am going to do everything I can to get you feeling better, get you healthy and if I can’t help you I will find someone with the knowledge to help you. My last appointment with him he told me to keep him posted on my back and when your healed up with your back call me and I will get you in to do your knee within two weeks.

Hey Mule,
your experience sounds like a page out of my life. I could write the exact same thing , applied to me.;)

WE will remember to pray about your surgery next week.

I have been trying to get knees replaced for a year (heart issues) , and it's finally coming together. Left knee will be Monday 7/22 and right knee 10/14.
My back has seen 3 surgeries, and could use another, bone on bone at S1 and L5.

Hope the surgery gives you relief , maybe you will be able (while your off work) to sneak over, and we can do some shooting again.

Keep us posted on your recovery process.
Prayers my friend.

Jim

Hey Mule,
your experience sounds like a page out of my life. I could write the exact same thing , applied to me.;)

I have been trying to get knees replaced for a year (heart issues) , and it's finally coming together. Left knee will be Monday 7/22 and right knee 10/14.

Hope the surgery gives you relief , maybe you will be able (while your off work) to sneak over, and we can do some shooting again.

Prayers my friend.

Jim

How are your fingers doing? Good luck with the knees.

How are your fingers doing? Good luck with the knees.

Hey Terri,
Miracle thing they did with my fingers.
The middle finger is 100%, the ring finger is a little numb on the tip.
Both nails grew back, supposedly fingerprints are back...IDK.

Just looking at them , you can't tell they were gone.

Pig gut ...:thumbs: who'da thunkit .'

Jim

Guys thank you for the prayers and well wishes for this up coming surgery. I pray everything goes well and I wake up with little to no leg pain and hopefully I will be able to stand straight again. Shoot who knows I may even gain a few inches in height. Maybe it will make me look skinnier lol

Jim good to see on here and you and the miss are always in my prayers and glad things are getting better for you. Shoot you get your knees done and I get my back and knees fixed in the next year we maybe ready to take the grandkids on in a flag football game lol

I agree. Great to hear from you Jim! I miss our daily convo's!

I too miss that.

We always had good times.

When life gets in hyper gear , along with so much health issues....don't get much free time.
Mom passed away last Saturday, after long hospital stay,
then funeral and all arrangements , while trying to get a to-do list done before surgery.

Hopeful , soon, I'll be "faster than a speeding bullet" , "able to leap tall buildings with a single bound", and more powerful than a speeding bullet"...
I'm gonna have more metal in my body that a Ford truck.:pickup::dancing:

Jim

Hey Mule,

Prayers my friend.

Jim

Hope things go good for you Jim. :huggs:

Guys thank you for the prayers and well wishes for this up coming surgery. I pray everything goes well and I wake up with little to no leg pain and hopefully I will be able to stand straight again. Shoot who knows I may even gain a few inches in height. Maybe it will make me look skinnier lol

Jim good to see on here and you and the miss are always in my prayers and glad things are getting better for you. Shoot you get your knees done and I get my back and knees fixed in the next year we maybe ready to take the grandkids on in a flag football game lol

I keep yall in my thoughts and prayers and hope all goes very well with your surgery.:thumbs:

Hey Terri,
Miracle thing they did with my fingers.
The middle finger is 100%, the ring finger is a little numb on the tip.
Both nails grew back, supposedly fingerprints are back...IDK.

Just looking at them , you can't tell they were gone.

Pig gut ...:thumbs: who'da thunkit .'

Jim

That's amazing. So sorry about your mom.

I too miss that.

We always had good times.

When life gets in hyper gear , along with so much health issues....don't get much free time.
Mom passed away last Saturday, after long hospital stay,
then funeral and all arrangements , while trying to get a to-do list done before surgery.

Hopeful , soon, I'll be "faster than a speeding bullet" , "able to leap tall buildings with a single bound", and more powerful than a speeding bullet"...
I'm gonna have more metal in my body that a Ford truck.:pickup::dancing:

Jim
Very sorry about your Mom. My thoughts are with you and your family.
You will have more steal in you than my aluminium body Ford truck for sure.

Thought I would check in. Was in surgery yesterday for about 6 1/2 to seven hours. I’m doing ok just really sore since I had two opening’s in my stomach and 6 small 2” openings in my back, surgeon found a couple other spots in my back that needed attention so he cleaned them up. He told my wife he didn’t know how I was even walking much less working every day

Latest posts

Back