Question for "REAL MEN"......Did you ever wear a "DRESS". It is ok, nothing to be ashamed of. Just the truth, you will feel about the "DRESS" thing.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
OK........REAL MEN now is the time to fess-up. The truth shall set you FREE. Did you ever wear a DRESS....??? What color was the dress....???

**** no. Real men don't crossdress- the bible is pretty clear about that one.

This post reminds me of how badly badly Hollywood butchered ned kelly.

Hollywood bs.
Screenshot_20240301_113957_Brave.jpg

Real ned kelly.
Screenshot_20240301_114026_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20240301_113511_Brave.jpg

My favorite dress was light blue. I have seen the photos. Damn it is hard to be a "Manly man" in a dress.

Breeching Tradition:

Breeching Tradition:

Right. The very act of putting on pants made you a man apparently 🤣

AND WE NEED PICTURES!!😃😉
The pictures exist, I have no idea who in the family has them. I have no memory of it, but I remember the horror when looking at a family album and asking my mother who the girl was in the photo, and she it was me. My next younger brother is about 14 months younger. There is a photo of both of us in dresses. So, my wild guess is they dressed me in dresses till I was a bit over two years old.

My mother consoled me saying that was common in the 40's.

The pictures exist, I have no idea who in the family has them. I have no memory of it, but I remember the horror when looking at a family album and asking my mother who the girl was in the photo, and she it was me. My next younger brother is about 14 months younger. There is a photo of both of us in dresses. So, my wild guess is they dressed me in dresses till I was a bit over two years old.

My mother consoled me saying that was common in the 40's.
I noticed many of my clients who are senior men have pictures of them as toddlers wearing dresses in pictures! It was very common! I'm really into the history of my area and a lot of the pictures of little boys in the early 1900's show them in dresses.

I remember when they were not called pants or trousers, they were called "Britches".
I was often told to pull-up my britches.
Or don't be acting too big for your britches.

Last edited:
I remember when they were not called pants or trousers, they were called "Britches". I was often told to pull-up my britches.
I always wondering of the whole breeching thing was where all the common phrases like "pull up your pants" and "who wears the pants" and all those came from.

Children ≠ men, so no worries about your mama putting you in a gown, still a pretty common practice.

I noticed many of my clients who are senior men have pictures of them as toddlers wearing dresses in pictures! It was very common! I'm really into the history of my area and a lot of the pictures of little boys in the early 1900's show them in dresses.
I suspect poverty was a factor to some degree. My father was one of 16 children. (It might have been 15 children). If you're going to have a lot of children, and if there were few if any store-bought clothes, it makes economic prudence to dress all the children in dresses till some age. Maybe the start of school.

Leather Britches Green Beans (200-Year-Old Preservation Method)​

Leather Britches green beans are something my grandmother would make during the Great Depression and World War II eras. They’ve been around for hundreds of years and were a popular form of preservation before people learned how to can green beans.
https://melissaknorris.com/leather-britches-green-beans/
No dresses' for me. I stop wearing shorts at twelve years old, shorts are for swimming & sleeping.
Jeans & Khakis, BTU's, dress pants.

The pants i wore when i was a motorcycle cop were called "britches." They had a zipper at the ankle to fit tightly into our motor boots, and the butt portion was padded in case we fell. They were also thick, wool material, that one would sweat profusely in the summer heat, sitting on top of a 200⁰ engine.

Dresses doesn't mean anything in itself. Its just clothing, a simple practical design.

At some point it became gendered...but that is completely artificial.

All that matters is the WHY......if you where a dress because that made sense....then it makes sense....if you where a dress because you want to be a girl and you are not a girl.....that is something else.

No different than women wearing pants...90% of of women here wear jeans....and I'd bet 99% of them still think they are women.

**** no. Real men don't crossdress- the bible is pretty clear about that one.

This post reminds me of how badly badly Hollywood butchered ned kelly.

Hollywood bs.
View attachment 126606

Real ned kelly.View attachment 126608View attachment 126607
What does the Bible say about cross dressing? I don’t remember that.
Huh??
Nope, never have.
I have worn gowns, however. Hospital gowns, that is.
I think it was easier to put toddlers of any gender in dresses for potty training purposes. All my children wore baptismal gowns when baptized. They were about 2 months old.

<in my Best Scottish accent> Because if yeu were any sort of Enemy of Scotland, and a Highlander chanced upon ya.. Yeu were Most Likeley gonna get kil't. 🤓

jd
My version is a wee bit different, but the same result. "My great grand father came across a fella one day who said to him Nice dress MaC*****, so my great grandfather Kilt him

Latest posts

Back