Question for "REAL MEN"......Did you ever wear a "DRESS". It is ok, nothing to be ashamed of. Just the truth, you will feel about the "DRESS" thing.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does the Bible say about cross dressing? I don’t remember that.

I think it was easier to put toddlers of any gender in dresses for potty training purposes. All my children wore baptismal gowns when baptized. They were about 2 months old.
Deuteronomy 22:5

A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

I have no problem wearing a dress
Or wearing pink. Or using the girls room
If that is All you got to wear then wear it with pride

Look, I am secure in my man hood enough to not give 2 damns what others think. If I gotta wear a dress then that’s what I gotta do

If I gotta pee and the men’s is broke
I am walking up in the woman’s or peeing on the sidewalk

Again. Secure in my sexuality

When I was 3 days old my Mom had a picture taken of me in some kind of dress looking thing.
It was white I guess because the picture is black and white.
I guess it was a thing back in the stone ages.
I haven't worn a dress since then.
Ditto that.

The Princess being Scottish bought me a work kilt. I only wore it once to make her happy. Work kilts are black. She never found a tartan for my family name otherwise she would have acquired one for me.

20180805_131609.jpg

20180805_134214.jpg

Ben

.. like others, I'm secure with my masculinity, so if the occasion arises...

Yah, I could see doing such for 'Reasons of Subterfuge'.. 🤔 Similar to the 'gray man' / "homeless person costume" approaches (ie: Authoritarian Dispatcher: "..Suspect is a female wearing a blue dress, long black hair..." etc.. Ditch the dress / wig / change the 'costume', out of sight, and yer In the clear... :cool:

jd

Look, I am secure in my man hood enough to not give 2 damns what others think. If I gotta wear a dress then that’s what I gotta do

I never understood this line of reasoning- obviously the mere act of wearing any garment itself doesn't make you gay or something- but if you wouldn't choose to wear one normally why would you wear it with pride? where does pride come into play if you been reduced to the extent where it is the only garment you own- shouldn't someone at that point be ashamed of how pathetically incompetent at life they are if primary justification for a piece of clothing is that its all they own? I understand it happens to some extent but nobody should be proud that they cannot afford better either through monetary means or by inability to create/modify or even primitively source an alternative without money. What even is pride at the point? What are you doing with your life if you cannot even control what you wear and exert some choice in that most basic of personal matters?

The other place it gets weird is when this become some sort of proof that you are somehow more secure in your sexuality because you are willing or proud to do things considered counter to that sexuality. I mean to some extent the logic becomes "the straighter you are they gayer you can act without bein gay" 😅😂 sorry brother, it just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not judging you btw- ive just seen this sentiment somewhat frequently here and there (even shirts that say real men wear pink) and it just makes absolutely no sense to me as to why they would choose to do on grounds of their own sexuality.

Scottish do wear skirt ...occasionally :p
View attachment 126680

There's a difference between a modern kilt (skirt) and the old great kilts whch had a distinct purpose (function over form). A great kilt was a essential multifunctional piece of survival equipment in the highlands- what most dudes wear nowadays is a skirt trying to emulate the manly men of years gone and they basically loose all the functionally of it... which makes it an odd fashion statement (form over function)

PRIDE is not a good thing, according to the Bible, and I believe the Bible. It amazes me that that is the word chosen by LGBTQ.
Thinking that showing people your sexuality by what you're wearing is just retarded. Keep it to yourself, not anyone's business, certainly not mine.

PRIDE is not a good thing, according to the Bible, and I believe the Bible. It amazes me that that is the word chosen by LGBTQ.
Thinking that showing people your sexuality by what you're wearing is just retarded. Keep it to yourself, not anyone's business, certainly not mine.
No to mention the symbol of their wickedness is the symbol God used when he promised us he wouldn't destroy the earth again due to man's wickedness... mind blowing...

...even shirts that say real men wear pink) .. it just makes absolutely no sense to me as to why they would choose to do on grounds of their own sexuality.

...Almost as much sense as "LGBTQ ❤️s Islam".. 😆 Maroons..

Guess it just comes down to 'motive' - If a Man wears a "dress" (and a Kilt is certainly Not one :cool: ) in jest / some 'comedy sketch', or like for 'temporary subterfuge purposes', or due to some temporary Circumstance, etc - that's One thing...

..but if the motive is to 'test ones jollies', or to 'Overcompensate' as some wierd 'statement / measure of sexuality-security', well.. Maybe that person might need to 'think again'.. o_O

I'll confess that, one time, when I bought some 'nylons' For the purpose of Testing them for coarse water-filtration, Okay?!! :) Well. I, uh.. In the Privacy of my bedroom, with No One around.. TRIED THEM ON. 😱🤓 (Mostly, I was curious to know how 'different' (or similar) they were to like 'Under Armour leggings' (as-contrasted with 'Long Johns') and/or being in a wetsuit, which I've owned / worn many times, but... NO COMPARISON, OMG.. Horrible, HORRIBLE!!!

HOW Women can Stand to wear those for more than the time it takes to put them On, I'll never understand, just.. Nope. SO glad that 'Men's Norms' Don't include such things, and/or Makeup, Omg.. I could NEVER stand putting that 💩 on my face, Never. Just awful. 'Camo battle-paint' is bad enough. 🤓

Women: Be YOURSELVES, 'Au Natural'. Let yourself Age 'Gracefully', and Naturally, wrinkles and all. :cool: If yer Man is Worth you - He will only Love you More, for who YOU are, As you are, and NOT who some propagandists 'fashion paradigm' says you "should be". Ditch the Makeup, ditch the 'nylons' o_O and high-heels / $1000. 'purses', etc.. At least, don't do it for 'Fashion', ugh.. :rolleyes:

Fashion: A form of Ugliness So intolerable..It must be Changed every 6 months. ;)

jd

Cannon29
Would you mind pointing out in my post anywhere that gay was mentioned?

let’s start there
You didnt mention it, i specifically used it as an example.

I extrapolated the logical function and applied it to the most basic sexuality of a man vs. It's opposite. If a man wasn't comfortable with his natural sexuality he would be gay (or I guess at risk?) to whatever degree... its really not too difficult to see how that came about- all you have to do ask is the inverse of your statement i.e what would a man be if he  wasnt "secure" in his sexuality the natural state of which being heterosexual... which I assumed you are btw.

Words have meaning- when people make statements like the one you did it doesn't really make sense to me because it seems to devalue the meaning of words. Instead of what I said earlier "the straighter you are the gayer you can act without bein gay"-- let's try something a little simpler but follows the same logic: "The more masculine I am the more feminine I can act" these words make no sense logically though they follow the same function as your comment:

If I gotta pee and the men’s is broke
I am walking up in the woman’s or peeing on the sidewalk

As if the ability to wear a dress Or use the women's restroom somehow serves as a litmus for your sexuality in some manner... It really makes no sense to me, hence my comments- really, It's non sequitur if you really think about it.

my question remains how then is there a correlation between your sexual security and your ability to wear a dress, pee in the wrong bathroom or be proud of any of it? How is any of it interrelated in any manner? What does your security in your sexuality have to do with any of that?

The other question that I asked was how would a man in the 1st world (or even the 3rd) be proud of having to wear a dress or be proud of making a series of decisions that created a situation where he was somehow forced to? How do we define pride then?

Can you see where my confusion comes from?

Once, but in my defense there was a lot of alcohol involved and three ladies (before I met my wife). Ended up a very fun night and I’m still thankful I didn’t need a shot in my happy places in the days that followed after that night of the very definition of “overindulgences” in more ways than one.

That said, I can’t imagine a place or event where it’d ever happen again. I’d also venture a guess that any other horned up 19 year old (and I’m including those who’ve posted “never” “no reason” etc.) would’ve backed out of that evening. If they were/are able to, then congrats, you’re a better man than me… I would do it again if it was with the Mrs and a very select few others (all women on my list) but the odds of that happening are roughly the same as Hitler and Stalin building a snowman on the second Tuesday in the first week of July in their current residences.

You didnt mention it, i specifically used it as an example.

I extrapolated the logical function and applied it to the most basic sexuality of a man vs. It's opposite. If a man wasn't comfortable with his natural sexuality he would be gay (or I guess at risk?) to whatever degree... its really not too difficult to see how that came about- all you have to do ask is the inverse of your statement i.e what would a man be if he  wasnt "secure" in his sexuality the natural state of which being heterosexual... which I assumed you are btw.

Words have meaning- when people make statements like the one you did it doesn't really make sense to me because it seems to devalue the meaning of words. Instead of what I said earlier "the straighter you are the gayer you can act without bein gay"-- let's try something a little simpler but follows the same logic: "The more masculine I am the more feminine I can act" these words make no sense logically though they follow the same function as your comment:

As if the ability to wear a dress Or use the women's restroom somehow serves as a litmus for your sexuality in some manner... It really makes no sense to me, hence my comments- really, It's non sequitur if you really think about it.

my question remains how then is there a correlation between your sexual security and your ability to wear a dress, pee in the wrong bathroom or be proud of any of it? How is any of it interrelated in any manner? What does your security in your sexuality have to do with any of that?

The other question that I asked was how would a man in the 1st world (or even the 3rd) be proud of having to wear a dress or be proud of making a series of decisions that created a situation where he was somehow forced to? How do we define pride then?

Can you see where my confusion comes from?

Words have meaning?
Ok. That’s true.
And if you believe that , where do you get the idea I said a man Had to wear a dress? The word having , used in the way it is suggest the man was forced or mandated Instead of a choice
Where was that action mentioned in my post?

No one, who has Been forced to wear anything would feel any pride in what they wore. None of that was in my post.

I used the word gotta ( informal contraction) you assume that gotta means forced to

“I never understood this line of reasoning- obviously the mere act of wearing any garment itself doesn't make you gay or something- but if you wouldn't choose to wear one normally “

Specifically used the word gay as an example? Where? I do not see that. Please break it down for us
“The mere act of wearing any garment itself does not make you gay”
That is a statement of fact not a specifically pointed out example of anything

peace and fajita grease !!

Last edited:
Words have meaning?
Ok. That’s true.
And if you believe that , where do you get the idea I said a man Had to wear a dress? The word having , used in the way it is suggest the man was forced or mandated Instead of a choice
Where was that action mentioned in my post?
Right here:
Why else would you "gotta" or the "got to" earlier in #32? You say it doesn't mean that you are "forced" to but why else would you "got to?" This implies need, either by force or w.e external circumstance... all of which id hold a man accountable to regardless. Regardless you didn't really explain what that "informal contraction" meant.
I used the word gotta ( informal contraction) you assume that gotta means forced to
🤦‍♂️ Ok... then what does it mean then?

Generally You "got to"...because something external is making it neccesary- another way of that would be saying its "forced", I'm sure you can understand why I chose to use that language. If that isn't the case usually words like want or prefer or used, but you didn't use those.

Specifically used the word gay as an example? Where? I do not see that. Please break it down for us
I used that example, as I previously explained in #54... like literally the first line...

“The mere act of wearing any garment itself does not make you gay”
That is a statement of fact not a specifically pointed out example of anything
That was a disclaimer I started #48 with to seperate the technically physical implications (none) of wearing a dress with the social/moral implications (major) that are derived from making that choice which I furthur qualified by whether or not the action in question is "forced" (see above concerning root word gotta) not to mention the logical implications to the standard/function of pride.

ive gone pretty far to make that clear as a sign of respect for you.

concerning:
No one, who has Been forced to wear anything would feel any pride in what they wore. None of that was in my post.
That came from this in #32:
... I'm sure you can see why this would be confusing for the reader?

Damn dude. Do you know what a freaking colloquialism is ? I was not speaking formally. I was speaking informally. Where gotta means I choose to. I simply did.
Stop trying to dissect every word I say
It is irritating as hell
And for you to say no disrespect intended. Is the same as you pissing on my foot while whispering in my ear it’s raining.

.. I'm sure you can see why this would be confusing for the reader?
No, no I do not. I am not confused at all

Latest posts

Back