Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chiropractors here are the "go to" for the amish. Some seem ok, and some are nuts. One that I think is nuts....took our neighbor and her year old to one because he had a bad cough. The "doc" did a light laser therapy on him, meaning he pointed lights on his chest. This was supposed to eliminate all the phlem. I don't believe it.
My favorite cousin's daughter and her husband do "adjustments" and "massages" and essential oil therapies for donation. They must have 5 or 6 people a week that come by their house for these treatments.

My G/F went to her acupuncturist today for her routine adjustment.

Different strokes for different folks, I reckon.

She once demanded I try an acupuncturist when I had a frozen shoulder. They put 12 needles into my arm and stomach, turned down the lights, lit an incense stick, and played Indian tribal chants with some flute on a cassette tape. 30 minutes later the Asian guy asked, "I bet you feel like a million bucks?" I responded that if I kept going to him, he'd have my million bucks and I would still have an injured shoulder. Needless to say, I never went back.

My G/F went to her acupuncturist today for her routine adjustment.

Different strokes for different folks, I reckon.

She once demanded I try an acupuncturist when I had a frozen shoulder. They put 12 needles into my arm and stomach, turned down the lights, lit an incense stick, and played Indian tribal chants with some flute on a cassette tape. 30 minutes later the Asian guy asked, "I bet you feel like a million bucks?" I responded that if I kept going to him, he'd have my million bucks and I would still have an injured shoulder. Needless to say, I never went back.
Acupressure works better. Even I can do a bit of that. Hot and cold rocks and finding the frozen nerve bundle. easy to do just poking with your finger. loosen the effected area with the hot stone Massage/adjust the pinched area until the pain stops, tighten things up with the cold stone.

I pulled a muscle in my back. It hurt so bad I couldn't turn my head. I went to a acupuncturist and he stuck needles all over my back, legs, hands, head and ears. The first thing he did was run his thumb down my back and found the area that hurt. He then stuck a small needle there, hooked up a wire, then took another wire and ran it around my outer ear till his machine buzzed. He then started applying a voltage and my back started to spasm.
After a few seconds I could feel the muscle relax and the pain was gone.
When he was finished I could have summersaulted out the door.
My Dad went to one and it did nothing for him.

The VA will give you a referral to see an acupuncturist.

Chiropractors here are the "go to" for the amish. Some seem ok, and some are nuts. One that I think is nuts....took our neighbor and her year old to one because he had a bad cough. The "doc" did a light laser therapy on him, meaning he pointed lights on his chest. This was supposed to eliminate all the phlem. I don't believe it.
My favorite cousin's daughter and her husband do "adjustments" and "massages" and essential oil therapies for donation. They must have 5 or 6 people a week that come by their house for these treatments.
Some people are so turned off to medical doctors for whatever reason and the alternative medicine business is thriving in America. There are many alternatives now, and that seems to be growing. I have stories about some bad medical doctors, but I think that no matter the profession, there is good and bad. You just have to beware and use your common sense and trust your intuition about things.

So far so good on self medication here. I am thinking seriously about going and getting a gout shot/medication.
It just dawned on me, I'm not vaxxed! there is a chance he won't see me!

Chiropractors: Ask if they do physical/manual manipulation or use the little hammer. Ours is a neurologist/chiropractor. He uses this little hammer thing - no pain, no twisting, crunching etc. I would never have gone if it weren't for that feature. My SIL is a chiropractor and claims manual manip. is better - we don't go to her.

I have 2 rants today that I need to unload on ya'll. LOL!

First, why do people feel the need to smoke their weed in WM parking lots???? The last couple of times I was there, the skunk smell just about knocked me over when I got out of my car! If they're going to smoke it there, why do they park so dammed close to the store? Why not park farther away so as not to smell up the whole parking lot. It's pretty bad when someone can't even go to WM and back home without smokin' a dube. :rolleyes:

Second, I love my mother, but she is sooooo friggin politically misinformed. That was putting it lightly......I know I'm supposed to honor thy mother and father, so I'm trying.....I'm really trying! She watches that garbage on TV and eats it up like pudding. It drives me completely crazy! Mom.....turn off the friggin TV!!!!! She tells me, "well, I think we should both turn off the TV". LOL! Well mom, I don't watch regular TV, especially now with all the political commercials. Plus, I got rid of Dish several months ago. I just can't tolerate the constant lying. I try to inform her of things, but she won't listen, nor can she backup any of her comments with facts. She questions nothing and researches nothing. I call it willful ignorance. And.....she votes.

She made a comment that the January 6th insurrection was a disgrace. OMG, she has no idea what really happened.....she's just parroting MSM. She has zero ability to discern between lies and truth, nor does she want to. She used to be such a smart woman.......WTH happened???? I'm beyond annoyed.

Thanks for listening. Now I'm mad that I wasted time on this when it's so nice outside. LOL! I'm going outside now:)

First, why do people feel the need to smoke their weed in WM parking lots????
uh oh.....that would be me......
and here is why: going shopping at the wm causes me major anxiety. Really this isn't an excuse it's either smoke weed or take a Xanax. I have anxiety and panic disorder, had it for many years. Since I really don't want to take xanax ( very addictive and bad) and discovered medical MJ a few years ago, you will just have to put up with it....lol
I have to smoke it in the parking lot because we live far away and it wears off by the time we get there if I smoked it at home
is this really a big deal? It's outside , walk around them

is this really a big deal? It's outside , walk around them
If you have to smoke it, whatever..... I would ask that you do it in the far parking lot, not close to the store. For a non-smoker.....it stinks!!! I don't care if people do it or not, just please be courteous about it. I'm a libertarin.....do what you want.....as long as it doesn't affect me.

"It's outside walk around them",,,,,,,,Really????
OK, walk around a pot smoker and see what YOU smell like. I mean, C'mon.......clearly if you are a smoker, you know that makes no sense. I didn't even know the "smoker" was there until I got out of my car and tried to breathe. If you HAVE to smoke it, please do it at the far end of the parking lot......is that really too much to ask???

Old folks are set in their ways and won't believe that globalist-owned media & their talking heads are nothing but lying tools... a sad reality. They think that if they saw or heard something on the "news" then it must be real, pffffffft. :rolleyes:

Of course, in decades past---long past---folks turned to their TVs for information, news of actual events, etc., and old habits are hard to break. The idea of a globalist conspiracy to deliberately misinform folks is beyond these trusting souls. 😒

First, why do people feel the need to smoke their weed in WM parking lots???? :)
That's easy. in non legal states, that's where you go to meet the dealer. :)
Around here any store is where you find the kid with the weed. Why? they are landmarks of sorts, also. getting busted selling schwag at home gives the man the right to search your stuff and confiscate guns and computers.
You have to test the product before you make a big buy, its pretty much tradition to have one with your hook up before you cash him.

"It's outside walk around them",,,,,,,,Really????
OK, walk around a pot smoker and see what YOU smell like. I mean, C'mon.......clearly if you are a smoker, you know that makes no sense. I didn't even know the "smoker" was there until I got out of my car and tried to breathe. If you HAVE to smoke it, please do it at the far end of the parking lot......is that really too much to ask???

I had an accident 3 years ago and cut off half my foot. I am ok walking now but with all the walking I do on our farm taking care of the animals and everything else I am not going to park at the far end of the gigantic wm parking lot. I have more important things to do walking for. If I walk too much my foot hurts, and I smoke MORE weed. I could probably get a handicap sticker on my truck if I pushed it but I don''t.
You are making it sound like my little bit of weed coming out the truck window is creating Beijing style air pollution that you can't avoid without a gas masks....aren't you overreacting just a little? Not trying to offend you but I needed to say this. NO I will not park at the far end of the lot.

OGC.5963fdb4b95c83eca676371c9c7c7afc

That's easy. in non legal states, that's where you go to meet the dealer. :)
Around here any store is where you find the kid with the weed. Why? they are landmarks of sorts, also. getting busted selling schwag at home gives the man the right to search your stuff and confiscate guns and computers.
You have to test the product before you make a big buy, its pretty much tradition to have one with your hook up before you cash him.
I am glad I don't have to go through all that!!! I just go to the dispensary and pick exactly what I want , it even tells you the exact amounts of THC and CBD in it
I wished I could figure out how to grow the same stuff myself. What I grew this year I can only smoke before bed lol, or I will sit on the couch and do nothing

Personally I cannot use any cannabis on account of the pesky job. That being said I love the smell of quality weed. I can even smell it in someones pocket sometimes in public. I wish I could find an indica air freshener for the car. Although it is Oregon so I could probably just hang a nug off the mirror.

I hate when people stand right outside the doors to a business and smoke. They can't get away with smoking weed out there bc its illegal here but regular cigarette smoke is super nasty to me. Triggers coughing fits for me and I hate it.
There are worse things than getting hit in the face by smoke as soon as you walk out the doors, but it still sucks. I admit, smokers annoy me because I've encountered some really inconsiderate ones. I nearly got my eyeball burned by a woman who was standing on a sidewalk smoking and as I walked by she put her arm up with cigarette back up to her side with the burning end of the cigarette facing behind her directly toward my eye. The ashes she flicked off hit me in the face. I really wanted to slap it out of her hand, but I just pushed her hand away & told her to watch what she was doing that she nearly took my eye out. She just called me some expletives and swore at me as I flipped her off and walked away.

I want to complain about how the design for the light fixture casing on my broan vent/heat/light thingy in the bathroom is really crappily designed. Not only is it a pain to pull down, but it won't go back up the way its supposed to. The stupid metal wires bent and its stuck askew. I also had dirt from inside the light fixture fall in my eye when I was trying to lower it down enough to change the bulb.

I am glad I don't have to go through all that!!! I just go to the dispensary and pick exactly what I want , it even tells you the exact amounts of THC and CBD in it
I wished I could figure out how to grow the same stuff myself. What I grew this year I can only smoke before bed lol, or I will sit on the couch and do nothing
Oh, I used to have a fine little herb garden in an old school bus, it was all insulated, had a CO2 generator+heating+watering system. I find that milk and aspirin mixed give a wide awake buzz to the weed if mixed into your organic fertilize say 4 aspirin+ 1 cup per each 4X4 plot box. miracle grow makes shhwag weed and is always regi. going organic and babying your bud almost always gives you high-mids and if you infuse with just a bit of sugar water weekly and watch your PH, you get some high end, kick butt grass!

*Sigh* I miss my wasted youth. (no pun intended.)

I am anxiously trying to get my computer up and running again (I am working on a backup now). And my new motherboard is ... somewhere in Texas at the moment. Good 'ol FedEx, gotta love 'em. :(

View attachment 97430
Brown would have lost it by now or stolen it.

...In a hospital that is full of people that they KNOW already have covid. :mad:
Your g/f was not allowed in because she only might have covid?
That is awful!:mad:
Its retarded.

I had an accident 3 years ago and cut off half my foot. I am ok walking now but with all the walking I do on our farm taking care of the animals and everything else I am not going to park at the far end of the gigantic wm parking lot. I have more important things to do walking for. If I walk too much my foot hurts, and I smoke MORE weed. I could probably get a handicap sticker on my truck if I pushed it but I don''t.
You are making it sound like my little bit of weed coming out the truck window is creating Beijing style air pollution that you can't avoid without a gas masks....aren't you overreacting just a little? Not trying to offend you but I needed to say this. NO I will not park at the far end of the lot.
Well, this is the RANT section isn't it? It's just what it is......a rant.

Sorry about your foot and pain. However, a little consideration for other people is all I'm asking. Although, these days I realize that consideration for others is not a priority for many. Why couldn't folks who absolutely must smoke skunk at WM park at the far lot and smoke, then pull back up to the store when done?

Well, this is the RANT section isn't it? It's just what it is......a rant.

Sorry about your foot and pain. However, a little consideration for other people is all I'm asking. Although, these days I realize that consideration for others is not a priority for many. Why couldn't folks who absolutely must smoke skunk at WM park at the far lot and smoke, then pull back up to the store when done?

Honestly, it never in a million years occurred to me before your comment that it would bother anyone in a wm parking lot, outside me sitting in the truck with the window down and take a few puffs .....
We have come a long way from the 80s when people still smoked IN THE OFFICE. Remember that ? ( if you're old enough) .

I tell you what, I will make sure there is nobody anywhere near my truck when I do it next time. I can wait until they walk away if someone just happens to be in the next parking spot at the same time and getting in or out. Usually we shop in the middle of the week in the middle of the day and there are few people around

I hear you. When I smoked tobacco, it was perfectly fine for a neighbor who lives 3 houses away to complain about that putred smell. Now, neighbors smoke bowls and blunts, and no longer is it appropriate to tell them to knock that crap off, or smoke it somewhere where the smell doesn't bother me.
You sure can tell I'm beginning to feel and sound like Clint Eastwood, where I sit on my porch while yelling, "get off my lawn!"

Latest posts

Back