Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@havasu I’d mix up Chamomile tea with epson salts and give my foot a good soak. It’ll reduce swelling and most importantly will sooth agitated nerves, easing the pain. Yarrow will keep the blood flowing. Solomon’s seal with heal damaged tendons/ligaments, also lessen pain. Mullein, self heal or comfrey will speed healing of the broken bone.

I’d pass on the hiking… maybe sit by the pool and let any kids play a game of ring toss. Hey, if you wrap your foot right it wouldn’t hurt. 😅

Also, eat a lot of turmeric for a few days… eases inflammation.

Have to tell this... Crew change day (work), Sabine Pass tx. My plan was to hitch-hike to new orleans then catch the train home to Bama. An hour before my relief showed up I broke the two small toes on my right foot... Hitch-hiking 300 miles to Nola was a royal pain!!! Especially since I had about 40lbs in my backpack. :(

I will add, avoid spinach. It slows the healing of broken bones.

This is probably TMI but since I was in a wreck several years ago I have trouble with bladder control. I have to wear Depends. I leak if I cough, sneeze, laugh, or just can't get to the bathroom fast enough. The combo of having to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and constantly coughing means I have gone through over a week's worth of depends in almost one day. Those things are not cheap either.

And now I have mucus that is in between my sinuses and my throat-- its coming down and when I try to cough it out, it is sticking to the roof of my mouth at the very back of my throat and triggering a gag reflex. I can also feel some that made it down to my upper chest and its making me wheeze. This is so annoying!

More child abuse charges filed against us by the twins. Something they told the therapist that they say is emotional abuse. I'm not sure what that would even be, since I don't even see them, don't know where they are, and they never ever speak to me. They haven't said a word to me for months and months. 16 more weeks to go, and they do this again. So the DCF worker and the therapist are meeting at our house Monday morning early. I dn't even want to be here.
Hey...maybe I can get pointers as to how I'm reacting when my car is blocked in, the driveway is blocked, or I'm almost hit by her car when I'm scraping my windows. So far, I've done nothing. Or maybe when husband, myself, and little granddaughter are sick with cough and headache for the day when grandson smokes drugs all night upstairs. So far, I've opened windows and aired it out. I'm sure granddaughter took a picture of my number countdown, but who does she think I got the idea from?

More child abuse charges filed against us by the twins. Something they told the therapist that they say is emotional abuse. I'm not sure what that would even be, since I don't even see them, don't know where they are, and they never ever speak to me. They haven't said a word to me for months and months. 16 more weeks to go, and they do this again. So the DCF worker and the therapist are meeting at our house Monday morning early. I dn't even want to be here.
Hey...maybe I can get pointers as to how I'm reacting when my car is blocked in, the driveway is blocked, or I'm almost hit by her car when I'm scraping my windows. So far, I've done nothing. Or maybe when husband, myself, and little granddaughter are sick with cough and headache for the day when grandson smokes drugs all night upstairs. So far, I've opened windows and aired it out. I'm sure granddaughter took a picture of my number countdown, but who does she think I got the idea from?
I truly feel this is going to bite them in the butt! Maybe you will get lucky and they will be removed, countdown over!!

It's time for them to go. Now. Give them to child services. You are putting yourself and your family at risk by trying to continue. You should have a lawyer attending these meetings with you.

This is round two of charges and the system is against you. Do not agree to let the system's representatives in your home until a lawyer is there to audit the situation. You are being accused for the second time and you pleaded guilty the first time. They expect to turn the screws some more.

We've tried giving them to child services. They don't take them. The child services officer is seemingly on our side, the therapist they see is not. We pleaded no contest last time, not admitting guilt or otherwise, and there was no evidence. I didn't want a trial. Last time was verbal abuse. I did admit to calling grandson "lazy". Because he is. They actually came home from school today, for five minutes, and are gone again. They'll be home after we've gone off to bed. They don't say a word. The line they're crossing, in my opinion, is senior abuse. Considering mine and my husband's age, and his medical conditions. I want them out right now. We'll bring a lawyer if we have to appear in court. Which I don't want to do. They can arrest this old mennonite lady, and I don't care. They can take them away and I don't care either. I do care about husband and little granddaughter though. I'm so spitting mad right now that I don't want this meeting, but husband is willing to have a word fight, and he's fine with it.

Amish, reading your posts makes me think my rant is really minor....

But, here I go: first time mom ewe couldn't deliver her kids this morning. 3 hours later after the mucus and bag came out and nothing happening. I tried pulling it but it was too far in, never done that before. So we called the vet school ( they are the only ones that come out here and usually very good) . They happened to be in the area and were there like 20 minutes later. Pulled 2 perfect lambs out and told me if they had stayed in longer they would have died. She reached WAY up in there to get them, they gave her an epidural and something to dialate her more. Everyone ok so far, just saw them nursing.

Why is this a rant you ask? Well, my anxiety issues are acting up. Too much stress, my system doesn' t like it. I smoked a ton of weed today but still have symptoms. Pressure in chest, jiggly feet, pressure in head , out of breath a little. Uggh, I hate this so much but don't want to cave in and take a xanax either. They work great short term and then they make it worse.
I am telling myself NO this is not a heart attack, and no this is not a stroke...but it still feels bad

I hope the rest of the sheep AND daughter deliver their kids ok, and no more problems

Anxiety issues are the worst, I get it Sonya. Had a bad headache this morning, and I get an inability to concentrate. Just seem to go into autodrive, which I don't like to be in. I give myself a certain amount of time to be in that mode, and then that's it. Time to move on. Especially if it's for something I can't do anything about. So the neighbor is watching little granddaughter and we're going out to dinner. I vented on her. Not to my favorite cousin, because she will get incredibly upset and freak out like last time. I'll tell her later. The twins got another notecard mailed to them today saying that they missed them at church again last Sunday. I think it's funny because they leave Sunday morning and tell my husband that they're going to church. Going to church, my butt.

I don't know where to put this. It's not exactly a rant.
I watched it last night, partly because the strange stance of people dropping caught my eye, and partly because I'm working on a story about the homeless.
I know, I know, meth heads, junkies whatever- but to see people- someone's children- being s**t on by those who profit from their addiction makes me so mad. Part of the piece included an ex-army guy, who got addicted in Afghanistan. This is the world we live in. FFS. US street drug 'Tranq' rotting people's skin

Anxiety issues are the worst, I get it Sonya. Had a bad headache this morning, and I get an inability to concentrate. Just seem to go into autodrive, which I don't like to be in. I give myself a certain amount of time to be in that mode, and then that's it. Time to move on. Especially if it's for something I can't do anything about. So the neighbor is watching little granddaughter and we're going out to dinner. I vented on her. Not to my favorite cousin, because she will get incredibly upset and freak out like last time. I'll tell her later. The twins got another notecard mailed to them today saying that they missed them at church again last Sunday. I think it's funny because they leave Sunday morning and tell my husband that they're going to church. Going to church, my butt.

I am so sorry you have to deal with your grandkids like that. Hope they leave soon, but it's still sad they turned out that way. I hope my future grandkids won't. But most likely not, my daughter doesn't do drugs and neither does her husband. I am more worried her and her family will get nuked, or send off to war. But nothing I can do about that either, they will be in the Navy at least 3 more years.

I woke up feeling ok. My anxiety issue are bad enough you can't do anything but take some sort of drug or alcohol to make them go away. But thankfully lately they haven't been bad. It's just been a very stressful week.

Oh gosh @Amish Heart I am just catching up on your saga. So sorry you have to deal with this crap. Definitely agree, if you can push to get these kids out of your home, the better for you. I have no idea what the laws are in Kansas, but as your husband does have medical issues, can you contact Adult Protective Services? Or drop the kids off at the police station? Another option would be if you had a children's hospital nearby, you can drop them off at the ER and request psych evaluations due to harming behaviors. There are parents here who do that all the time (then they just don't pick them up). You've certainly gone above and beyond for these kids, it sounds like they need some inpatient therapy/drug rehab.

They've already had psych evals when they lied the first time last July about abuse. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to find out the results. This new claim might be because they don't want to stay for the remaining 16 weeks. Every meeting we go to I'm the one that says this isn't working, things are really bad, and still the state has said every single time that they are better off with us. So...emotional abuse. How is it possible when they've done silent treatment with me since August? I don't even see them. Is it abuse if they "feel" it, even if it's not there? This will be interesting. I don't expect to do any talking. If they supposedly have recordings of me saying something, I can't believe it could be me. There's been no words.

So I think almost 3 years ago or so my friend was being a doormat and desperately trying to keep his rotten girlfriend from constantly yelling at him. So, he stupidly helped buy her a car. She insisted on an almost brand new Ford Fusion. He also decided to put it in his name. At the time she had a job and he thought she would make payments and it would help his credit score. So, she got the car, used it to go around cheating on him, and quit her job. The car got repo'd. He turned in the plates and thought that would be the end of it. I will say that I told him not to put something in his name for her bc it would bite him in the butt. I was right. He went to renew registration on his car today and was told that his license was suspended. Why? Bc they said the plates hadn't been turned in on the Fusion. He lost the receipt so he couldn't prove he turned them in. They charged him over $800 to clear it and get his license un-suspended. He didn't have enough $ left to renew his registration and he overdrafted his account. At least he listened to me on making her put the current vehicle in her name so he wouldn't have to deal with bs from her.

This is really petty compared to what I am reading in this thread, but it is a rant none the less. If I remember correctly when I learned to drive a car when you turned you made a 90 degree turn. You stayed in your lane until you got to the appropriate intersection, and then turned the car. It was not a 45 degree turn where you cut through the oncoming traffic lanes, and were on the wrong side of the street when you turned.

I can't tell you how many times I have almost been hit by somebody turning. I AM SITTING STILL WAITING FOR THE IDIOT TO TURN!! They cut across at a 45 degree angle, and end up on my side of the street. Makes me crazy. Idiot drivers in general make me crazy. gaah

This is really petty compared to what I am reading in this thread, but it is a rant none the less. If I remember correctly when I learned to drive a car when you turned you made a 90 degree turn. You stayed in your lane until you got to the appropriate intersection, and then turned the car. It was not a 45 degree turn where you cut through the oncoming traffic lanes, and were on the wrong side of the street when you turned.

I can't tell you how many times I have almost been hit by somebody turning. I AM SITTING STILL WAITING FOR THE IDIOT TO TURN!! They cut across at a 45 degree angle, and end up on my side of the street. Makes me crazy. Idiot drivers in general make me crazy. gaah
That's the "I'm the only person in the world" mentality! You better stay out of their way. And how dare you think people should pay attention when they drive! They are in a hurry to get where they are going and have things to do (text, Facebook) while getting there!!🤪

That's the "I'm the only person in the world" mentality! You better stay out of their way. And how dare you think people should pay attention when they drive! They are in a hurry to get where they are going and have things to do (text, Facebook) while getting there!!🤪

We used to call it "This is my world, and you are lucky to be in it." Unfortunately, the attitude is much more prevalent these days.

Part of this is not a rant, it's a hooray! I just walked past granddaughter's car and it's filled with flattened moving boxes. So she is moving. The rant part is it's obviously a set up that she is claiming emotional child abuse so she can move. So who knows what she's told DCF and her therapist to start this investigation? Obviously something she feels is so bad that she can start packing. I have no idea what time they came home last night, I went to bed at almost 11. They just left, so I don't expect to see them again today.

We don't get child support. Never have. We don't get anything from the state for any of the three. And the twins will be 18 in 114 days, so they'll be adults. They have weaponized their therapist against us with lies so that they can leave now, possibly. I don't care if they leave now, but I can't figure out what they'd have on us for another child abuse allegation. Since they admitted the first one wasn't true. This therapist is a new agey old gay white woman, and is claiming they are emotionally abused, and called DCF for them.

Oldest granddaughter loves Mac & Cheese but wasn’t feeling well yesterday so she didn’t finish her Mac & Cheese.

Today she’s feeling much better and eating her left over Mac & Cheese.

Youngest granddaughter (2 years old) sees what her sister is eating and starts throwing a fit. In a stern voice I tell her to stop acting that way. Wife jumps me to tell me that is how little children communicate.

Hour later timer on wife’s phone goes off. Wife tells youngest gkid it’s time for her nap. Gkid throws a fit and the wife tells her not to act like that!?!?

No I did not.

The "do as I say not as I do" thing. I hate when people do that. My friend's ex used to yell at him for telling her brat to stop doing something or to go to his room. She would accuse him of being mean. But she would use expletives, call the kid "retarded" to his face, scream profanities at him, and beat the crap out of him if he annoyed her. She would beat him for anything from wetting the bed to asking her for something to drink. She'd randomly slap him upside the head for no apparent reason at times. She's really going to regret it now that he's a teenager and one of these days he's going to hit her back. For now he takes out his aggression on his younger half-sister (which is why my friend now keeps her over at his house most of the time).

I'm so out of shape I worked up a sweat to the point I was completely drenched from head to toe by just cleaning my bathtub. Granted it had years of filth on it and its hot in that room, but still, I need to lose some weight and build up some stamina.

I don't understand two things about them...one is that their mom abused and terrorised them to no end, and they remember alot of that. So why don't they tell people about that? The second thing is that they know they can just leave and there's not a thing we can do about it, and the police and DCF won't go looking. So why don't they? My favorite cousin's rant....her granddaughter, a 30 something divorced 3 times single mom (left her last husband for a woman) came to her house and told her that me and my husband are just terrible people. That she has been visiting with the twins, and they told her we have a lock on our fridge, and that they are never allowed downstairs or to visit with us. And that we abuse them so badly. She told her granddaughter that the twins were nuts, and it was all lies, and she said she really believed them. Oh well. I think they're having to look for new people to believe them. The old ones don't much anymore. 108 more days, at the most.

Part of this is not a rant, it's a hooray! I just walked past granddaughter's car and it's filled with flattened moving boxes. So she is moving. The rant part is it's obviously a set up that she is claiming emotional child abuse so she can move. So who knows what she's told DCF and her therapist to start this investigation? Obviously something she feels is so bad that she can start packing. I have no idea what time they came home last night, I went to bed at almost 11. They just left, so I don't expect to see them again today.
I know over here they get set up in their own apartment and given opportunities for education and an allowance- maybe someone has told her how free she'd be on her own, and she thinks the grass would be greener on the other side? My advice would be to make it clear that once she's gone, there will be no further assistance from you - welcome to visit, but your home is not a hotel. But best of luck to you- maybe you can enjoy a bit of peace?!

Was out feeding the dog, saw the biggest wolf spider I've ever seen. I thought it was a tarantula at first.

2inch wolf spiders are common, this one was bigger.... And in Feb! Too darn early to worry about creepy crawlies.
I bring my spiders inside during the winter, there always manages to be some in the firewood!😮🤪 The housecats are good at pointing them out thank goodness! Start watching for snakes!😃🐍

Oldest granddaughter loves Mac & Cheese but wasn’t feeling well yesterday so she didn’t finish her Mac & Cheese.

Today she’s feeling much better and eating her left over Mac & Cheese.

Youngest granddaughter (2 years old) sees what her sister is eating and starts throwing a fit. In a stern voice I tell her to stop acting that way. Wife jumps me to tell me that is how little children communicate.

Hour later timer on wife’s phone goes off. Wife tells youngest gkid it’s time for her nap. Gkid throws a fit and the wife tells her not to act like that!?!?

No I did not.
Reminds me of a story a friend told me. One of her children hit another one. Husband hit the child that was hitting and said, "Don't hit."

Latest posts

Back