Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand two things about them...one is that their mom abused and terrorised them to no end, and they remember alot of that. So why don't they tell people about that? The second thing is that they know they can just leave and there's not a thing we can do about it, and the police and DCF won't go looking. So why don't they? My favorite cousin's rant....her granddaughter, a 30 something divorced 3 times single mom (left her last husband for a woman) came to her house and told her that me and my husband are just terrible people. That she has been visiting with the twins, and they told her we have a lock on our fridge, and that they are never allowed downstairs or to visit with us. And that we abuse them so badly. She told her granddaughter that the twins were nuts, and it was all lies, and she said she really believed them. Oh well. I think they're having to look for new people to believe them. The old ones don't much anymore. 108 more days, at the most.
There are many sad parts of this, but one thing that is not good is that granddaughter has become a major manipulator and liar. It seems that she can convince anyone of anything.

My sister is like this. In her 60 plus years of life, she has refined her lies. Want to make my sister mad? Call her out on her lies, by telling her the truth. I am very familiar with her life, her lies, her games. But so many others are not. They listen to those lies and think maybe I am the one who did what she says about me. They were not there for many things that she is in denial of. And they all believe her version of how it went.

I always say and think that all of those people are being hoodwinked, and this life is a mere drop in the bucket, compared to our lives once we pass away from this one. God sees, God knows, God is watching. He knows the truth. In the mean time, you are the one suffering.

In the past few months, a friend from church and I have seen some "wonderful" women from church, show their true colors to us, but especially my friend. We see eye rolling when friend speaks at bible study, kicks under the table. These women are in their 70's! They are on all the leadership committees and bristle at suggestions from others. What I know is that God sees and knows. They just haven't grown in Christ like they could have.

I predict that in less than a year, we are going to hear more stories about the twins, and it will reflect badly on them, not you, Amish. People will come and apologize to you for what they believed, thought, and said about you. I fully expect that grandson especially will do some time, at best.

Hugs to you!

Its warming up and was too hot in the house to do anything. Just sitting around the backs of my knees are sweating and I can't cool off even with the ceiling fan on. AC guy still will not return calls.

Fedex was supposed to deliver a package yesterday but didn't so I'm still waiting on that- supposed to come today. I'll be irritated if it doesn't.

Amish, I've noticed that sometimes children who were abused, even if they remember the abuse, still have some form of attachment/love for the abusers and they often lash out at others. They sort of project on to others the anger at the trauma. So, they may be thinking of the abuse from their mother and projecting it on to you & your husband. They need a better therapist who can see through the lies and actually help them to get over the trauma and behave in a healthy way. The manipulating, lying, drug use, etc is self-destructive and will land them in to more trouble in the future. If they keep it up, they aren't going to like prison life.

Amish, I've noticed that sometimes children who were abused, even if they remember the abuse, still have some form of attachment/love for the abusers and they often lash out at others. They sort of project on to others the anger at the trauma. So, they may be thinking of the abuse from their mother and projecting it on to you & your husband. They need a better therapist who can see through the lies and actually help them to get over the trauma and behave in a healthy way. The manipulating, lying, drug use, etc is self-destructive and will land them in to more trouble in the future. If they keep it up, they aren't going to like prison life.
Spot on!

Not a rant, just a humorous anecdote about a talking scale... remember those, the scales that sounded off with your weight? Well, a good friend who lived down by the waterfront on San Diego Bay had one of those talking scales, and one day as I was visiting, and in the interest of science, I decided to weigh myself before & after taking a big ol' dump, lol. When the ugly business was concluded, the goldurned scale told me that I had lost 2 lbs!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! The moral of the story is: don't ever let ANYBODY tell ya that I'm NOT full of $h**, lol. :oops:

A similar anecdote: my best friend & I were heading into Albertson's in Coronado to buy beer in bulk, and one of our local friends was exiting the store as we approached. He had a ginormous value pack of TP under his arm, the biggest pack of TP ever made, and I laughed out loud as I told him: "I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE FULL OF $H**!!!" 🤣

Rant for the day: My darn scale! How dare it say I'm 2 lbs up. Time to lay off the chocolate! Ugh. 😄
Just be glad it is not accurate to 1/10 of a lb like mine, impossible to argue with. I can get on mine 3 times in a row and exactly the same reading to the 1/10th of a pound.
Take the keys and wallet out of my pockets, = -1/10th of a pound :rolleyes: .
Wingnut is also correct, what you have inside matters.
Ate a 1 lb poorboy for supper and washed it down with a couple beers... +1.8 lbs.
It will be gone tomorrow.:(
Fully clothed verses, no shoes or clothes and getting in the shower = -2.4 lbs.
Getting a consistent/accurate reading is very important.
I have to watch my weight for the opposite reason.
I struggle to keep it from evaporating and falling away:(.

Last edited:
My old scale broke so I bought a new one. I gained 9 pounds.
I have lost that 9 pounds and several more but it sucked at the time.
The new one is accurate unfortunately.
Accuracy matters.
I learned this with firearms. :thumbs:
If "You Can't Handle the Truth", this is not for you:
A1LNQrEne9L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Newer version of mine.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's hand to paw combat time🤪!
That could get ugly
It will, I have had this conversation with their ancestors, the lesson has been forgotten. I still have the trap, and the rifle. too bad for them it's Ohio, and you can't relocate them, and I won't live release them on my property. That kinda leaves the firing squad.

It will, I have had this conversation with their ancestors, the lesson has been forgotten. I still have the trap, and the rifle. too bad for them it's Ohio, and you can't relocate them, and I won't live release them on my property. That kinda leaves the firing squad.
Those funny looking cats are in for some trouble!!😃

Smelling skunk everywhere around here and the bigger town. Then I hear it's skunk mating season.
So they need total elimination, too.
Here too! A lot dead on the roads! I don't think dademoss will come erraticate our skunks (unless there are tater tots involved)!😉😅

Here too! A lot dead on the roads! I don't think dademoss will come erraticate our skunks (unless there are tater tots involved)!😉😅
For every problem, there is a solution, if there are TOTS. (and maybe a pie)

Sounds like a plan....
But I can also make any other kind of pie, too
We'll have a tot and pie party.
And kill skunks.
And raccoons.
But not the armadillo, little granddaughter has named it Metalhead.
We have three silos, if you want to climb one of them.
Dave can bring his raccoons along! I name all the animals! Most of the neighboring cattle have names, as do most of the deer. Hubby always wonders how I tell them apart 😃! So we better spare Metalhead!!

"There's no glory WHATSOEVER in preventing catastrophe!"

Everyone admonishes and praises the Dragon slayer, the fire fighter. But the safety manager, the maintenance management? "Meh! Necessary expenditures."

I was lucky enough in my career to be on the leading edge (for the time period) on proactive maintenance. Thermal imaging, ultrasonic, accelerometers, oil analysis, mega ohm trending, and the like. Fixing pending problems before they grew into Dragons.

And there were better Dragon slayers than I. Guys with machismo, who lived for the glory. They were expert weldors, fabricators, and well versed in repairing trauma.

So I recognize without a doubt this phenomenon in our health care industry complex. The long and convoluted Hippocratic oath? It used to translate simply as "do no further harm". Our current translation must be " if it ain't broke, Don't fix it! "

We can blame the economic corruption and the constant attack from malpractice suits? Whatever the case, we must become more aware about early detection of pending problems. And we must go outside of the health care industrial complex, if we value staying healthy instead of being treated for trauma?

In one of my old industry stories, I saved the entire production facility from a whole week of downtime (2-3 million dollars). I discovered a wrong diagnosis and rectified the problem in two hours time. Everyone was angry towards me for ruining the impromptu vacation! The plant manager of all people, never so much as said Thanks!

Thankless task to PREVENT catastrophe.

"There's no glory WHATSOEVER in preventing catastrophe!"

So I recognize without a doubt this phenomenon in our health care industry complex. The long and convoluted Hippocratic oath? It used to translate simply as "do no further harm". Our current translation must be " if it ain't broke, Don't fix it! "

We can blame the economic corruption and the constant attack from malpractice suits? Whatever the case, we must become more aware about early detection of pending problems. And we must go outside of the health care industrial complex, if we value staying healthy instead of being treated for trauma?
Not really sure how it got this way, but when the C-suite makes millions and the resident physicians (who hold up the hospital, in addition to nurses) make 30-50k/year and work 12+ hour shifts, something is totally wrong.

In the ICU, we definitely try to stop problems before they start. When intubating someone, we premedicate and try to fix things like acidosis or any electrolyte abnormalities before we induce anesthesia as it can cause cardiac arrest if too acidotic (which alot of patients in the ICU are).

BUT- those who end up in here are chronically ill, be it bad genetics sometimes, but often times it was lifestyle choices. The bureaucracy and red tape BS given to the primary care docs/NPs/PAs ensures they don't have enough time to counsel patients and teach them about lifestyle medicine.
Check a box you got your flu and pneumonia vaccine, check a box for colonoscopy screening, check a box for mammogram... you get the idea.
The whole system needs overhaul, the way it is going is not sustainable.

My advice is to find a great lifestyle medicine/functional/integrative medicine doc and work on eating healthy, exercise and stay off news channels, try to manage your stress levels. Avoid pills, especially narcotics if you can. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, or other medical conditions like that by all means take those pills but if you change diet/exercise a lot of times you can get off these eventually (unless hereditary hypertension, like my husband, or type 1 diabetes - your doc will know).

Edited for spelling

Letting the doctors treat patients without having to ask for political input.

Wow, y'all have been busy... moi, not so much, lol. The day turned gray & gloomy---colder too, due to some weather change---and I was having such a good time with the cats that I skipped the trip to town. The practical side of me rebelled at making a special trip just to post an ad, I'll do it the next time I gotta go to town. I already have four ads up, so the library ad can wait a few days. The world won't end because I failed to post it today, lol... ;)

What I did instead was have some excellent leftovers for brunch: my version of shepherd's pie, with diced hash browns, onion, sliced Jalapenos & vine-ripened tomato, Angus beef patties and two different kinds of cheese (Ghost Pepper Jack & Medium Cheddar). Oh, yeah, there were butter pats strategically placed in the casserole dish, and some beer poured in there to keep things from drying out, lol. I baked the "pie" in the oven last night, and boy, was it ever good! :D

I had a little Jalapeno Ketchup on there too, once the dish was cooked... very filling, that shepherd's pie! I also took a hot bath today, which felt pretty darned good... now I'm in a relaxed state and I'm going nowhere, lol. Hey, I forgot to post these pics yesterday, when I first pulled up in front of the cycle shop I thought that white car was a Ferrari or high-dollar Audi, but it turned out to be a Corvette. Latest model, I presume, since it still has a dealer tag. Check out this funky rig! :oops:

IMG_7872.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG

IMG_7871.JPG

There's my old Camry alongside the Corvette in the first two pics... meh, it still works. I like to think myself as 'The Master of Low Profile'---a car like that Corvette would draw too much attention, lol. Besides, it's out of my budget. Look at those weird taillight covers, those things alone look expensive, lol. We sure have come a long way since Henry Ford brought the automobile to the masses... cue the Jerry Reed tune! Good ol' Jerry, he was a real hand, lol... :cool:

Lord, Mr. Ford (stage version)

Here's a side-by-side that just happened to be sitting next to my car, so I snapped a pic of it along with the lineup out front. That cycle shop showroom is actually pretty nice, there are some sweet bikes in there... next time I go, I'll take my camera inside and get some shots, lol. Didn't think to take it inside this time, I was on a mission to post that ad on a bulletin board just inside the entrance. I wonder if the shop owner bought that Corvette, lol... 🤔

IMG_7869.JPG

IMG_7870.JPG

Anyway, I'm hangin' at the ol' hacienda for the rest of the day, the weather sure turned dreary since this morning... it's not that cold, just cooler than it was earlier, good day to crack a cold beer here in a moment. Would've already done this, but I've been letting my meal digest, lol. Oh, yeah, I also have this last pic to share, a shot of snow-capped Sierra Blanca as seen from the cluster mailboxes on US-54. Roughly 12,000' in elevation, this peak towers above all others nearby, lol. 🙄

IMG_7874.JPG

Latest posts

Back