Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as fatigued today. First day all week I've managed to wake up before noon. My gripe for today is my brother's messy room that spills trash out every time the door is opened and that I keep having hot flashes.

Mostly in my face. Rest of me is fine but my face turns red and gets hot. Menopause sucks. Although, I might be in post-menopause stage since its been about a year (if not more) since my last visit from the red curse. Not sure if its because I'm taking progesterone or if its because I'm out of eggs. I'm hoping it is the latter.

I could just scream…

I’m running for a board position on a local company. Election is on ”Z” day. Wife has known about this for months.

Daughter is flying in with the newest grandchild. Daughter is a stockholder so I mention to the wife about asking Daughter to attend the election with me. Wife said that wouldn’t work because the in-laws are coming at the same time as the election to see the grandchild and daughter. First I heard about the in-laws were coming.

The day I mailed the RSVP (lunch) that only I would be attending the wife says the daughter CAN go. In-laws are coming for supper instead because a SIL forgot she has a hair appointment for noon on “Z” day.

Tonight the wife tells me the in-laws are now coming at noon as originally planned. It will too trying for the MIL to come in the evening.

GREAT SCOTTS!!!

Lazy L, your wife reminds me of my mother a bit in that she doesn't communicate and she changes her mind about stuff. She'll say she doesn't want something, then she wants it, then she doesn't want it. Or she'll forget to tell me she is out of something or will tell me when I'm in the middle of doing something and don't hear her or can't focus enough to remember. I'll ask her for reminders and she won't remind me. I'll come back from the store and she'll ask me if I picked up her RX. I'll say "What RX? You never mentioned you had one filled". Other times she'll send me to the store to get her RX and it isn't ready because she hasn't confirmed its ready yet..

I finally cleared out just the alcove in my brother's room. He didn't even say "thank you". He just came in and griped about the roaches in the kitchen AFTER I had finished throwing diatomaceous earth all over them, the counter, the cabinets, etc. Need to refill my shaker for the stuff and hit more areas but I need to haul out the trash he was supposed to take out.

Sort of an anti rant today. What the gravel guy lacks in people skills he makes up for in delivery. He spread 12 yds over a paking lot about 30'x100' almost perfectly as he dumped it. The tractor work was really minimal. When we were talking after he said a cougar got his calf within days of it being born. That was probably the he day I called. 🤷

Ah, he was probably having an off day. Sad thing is, if the customer calls you when you're having a bad day, that could leave a bad impression and lose the customer. Also sad that the poor calf got killed.

I was going to haul trash out this morning but there was a massive thunderstorm so I ended up falling asleep and not waking up until almost 3pm. Samsclub claimed they delivered today so I have to go out and hope they didn't leave something in the rain.

I could have been back months ago if someone had told me Firefox could get corrupted and cut off my internet. No wonder I still had phone service.

I'm glad you're back now, Magus!

Right now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have so much to do and zero help from my brother. He didn't even thank me for cleaning some of his room. Like it was just my responsibility to do it without any appreciation whatsoever. Even when he's not working and has zero excuse not to help out, he won't lift a damn finger. All he does is complain about the mess but won't even put his trash in the trash can. He'll toss it on the floor or leave it in the fridge/freezer or on top of them if he bothers to take them out. I need to get rid of the stinging thorn plants from the yard, organize the workshop, get the inside of this house cleaned up, cut weeds around the house, etc. My friend has not been able to help for awhile and I get that he has his own life and responsibilities, but it's frustrating. I wish my body would cooperate with doing more. I've found that if I push too hard I am useless for almost a week afterward.

What is it with the medical profession trying to medicate and kill seniors? I get online "portal" notifications on mom's medical and I go to every single appointment she has. When she was released from the hospital, unbeknownst to me, she was put on an antianxiety med, probably because she was a pain in the hospital, and they didn't want to keep an eye on her. I had no idea. So she's been on this, and last week a "nurse" at the manor where she is decided to fax a note to mom's doc saying she had anxiety and was combative. So her doc prescribed double the antianxiety med and added a bipolar med to thouroughly dope her up. Firstly, I have power of attorney over her medical, and I was never called. She's never combative, she just has a mean mouth. But that's normal for her, she's always had a mean mouth. So I started with the doc's office, found out it was instigated from the manor, called the nurse there, and told her off. Not in my nature to play bad cop, it's my Florida sister's job, but I let her know what's what. No drugging mom. Told her I'm sick to death of people drugging old people so they lay in bed and just die. Disgusting. So, the drugs are being stopped. And I reminded her that I'm to be called over any little thing. And that she better be eating meals with Uncle Melvin (he's 99) and getting her hair done weekly. Otherwise they'll be losing the $9K a month and we'll go elsewhere. Five years ago, my oldest sis in California tried drugging mom and putting her in a home to file for guardianship and take her money. Not happening on my watch. I just happened to see this new input on her medical online "portal". Jerks.

Amish, I completely agree with you. Pushing anxiety and bipolar meds rather than treating her pain. Statistically, women are more likely to be given sedatives instead of pain meds when they are in pain. So they are still in pain but they are too sedated to complain. You really have to watch some of those places because they will abuse/mistreat patients that aren't checked up on often. Hell, even in hospice they will kill elderly patients with stuff just so they no longer have to take care of them. When my paternal grandfather was put on hospice care he was still upbeat but some vulture home health "nurse" came in and told him he was dying and there was no hope and had him really depressed by the time she was done with her anti-pep talk. Then she put TWO lidocaine patches on him that night instead of the one he was supposed to get. It was his first time having a patch put on him. She then left him unsupervised and he died. If the family hadn't been so upset they would have sued for malpractice or wrongful death. Yeah, he was going to die eventually, but we all think she deliberately sped things along.

Lazy butt reared up again. My brother was actually being helpful with the groceries and had trouble finding space on the counter (he has a lot of stuff on the counters). He then threw the groceries on the floor and started shouting at me about how he's sick of it and sick of not having counter space & he can't live like this and he's done and more whining. I told him I'm only one person and he's perfectly capable of clearing things up himself but he puts it all on me. He then accused me of playing the victim card and taking it personally. I asked him how I was supposed to take it when he was literally shouting at me about it like it was all my fault when he won't lift a damn finger to help me clean it up. He did calm down and I think he realized he was in the wrong because he cracked a joke afterward- which he tends to do as the closest to admitting when he's wrong.

I know it could be worse and I need to do more, but its hard when I get these mental blocks and don't even know where to begin.

. When my paternal grandfather was put on hospice care he was still upbeat but some vulture home health "nurse" came in and told him he was dying and there was no hope and had him really depressed by the time she was done with her anti-pep talk. Then she put TWO lidocaine patches on him that night instead of the one he was supposed to get. It was his first time having a patch put on him. She then left him unsupervised and he died. If the family hadn't been so upset they would have sued for malpractice or wrongful death. Yeah, he was going to die eventually, but we all think she deliberately sped things along.
This is what hospice does.
It is their job to shorten unnecessary suffering that will eventually have the same outcome.
I have seen enough suffering needlessly extended for months without them :(.
If I ever need them, I will be happy when they show up.:)
Both of my brothers that were terminal and in horrible agony, hospice showed them the 'exit door' where they could go and rest in peace.

This is what hospice does.
It is their job to shorten unnecessary suffering that will eventually have the same outcome.
I have seen enough suffering needlessly extended for months without them :(.
If I ever need them, I will be happy when they show up.:)
Both of my brothers that were terminal and in horrible agony, hospice showed them the 'exit door' where they could go and rest in peace.
I feel the same way. I'd rather be put down instead of lingering. The problem here was that my grandfather wasn't miserable and before the vulture visited, he wasn't depressed. He was cheerful. He didn't feel ready to go yet but we think she overdosed him with the patches to kill him.

On the flipside, I sort of wish they'd done that with another friend of ours who wanted to die and lingered in a near-coma state for 10 days before finally dying.

I feel the same way. I'd rather be put down instead of lingering. The problem here was that my grandfather wasn't miserable and before the vulture visited, he wasn't depressed. He was cheerful. He didn't feel ready to go yet but we think she overdosed him with the patches to kill him.

On the flipside, I sort of wish they'd done that with another friend of ours who wanted to die and lingered in a near-coma state for 10 days before finally dying.
If grandfather was not close to death, hospice should not have been called.
I frequently talk about things that are forbidden.
People should know what hospice does, and in your other friend's case, people should have been humane. :(
Ever notice that you never hear a peep about "physician-assisted suicide" anymore? :dunno:
...Hospice doesn't need 'physicians'.:rolleyes:

If grandfather was not close to death, hospice should not have been called.
I frequently talk about things that are forbidden.
People should know what hospice does, and in your other friend's case, people should have been humane. :(
Ever notice that you never hear a peep about "physician-assisted suicide" anymore? :dunno:
...Hospice doesn't need 'physicians'.:rolleyes:
My mother asked that I be with her when she learned about her cancer diagnosis and chose hospice. The treatment she endured up to that point was painful. Hospice made her comfortable. They also counseled us.

If the situation was similar I believe I would follow her example.

Ben

I bought some eye of round and jerky seasoning to make beef jerky with, and my 3 foot by 2.5 foot box containing my dehydrator vanished off the face of the earth and noone in the house knows what happened to it. I left it with my pile of things and when I came back for it, IT WASN'T THERE. THAT THING COST ME OVER 3OO!

But I finally ordered a replacement for my incense burner, it arrives sunday.
We found it! It was boxed up in the garage behind the door. I still have some money. I'll buy some meat tomorrow to make jerky out of :3

Supervisor, I understand. I think my mother's biggest issue aside from using 2 patches and then not watching him was that the nurse made him feel depressed. He'd been laughing and telling jokes and was still in a good mood before she came in. Even if she'd ended his life early, she didn't have to make him so upset before she did it. The doctors said he still had a few more weeks left and Mom was going to go back to visit. She'd just come back home from visiting him. I know there are worse ways to die though.

My friend's ex's grandmother was apparently unconscious but would randomly start screaming for help in a panicked tone and then go quiet. It was really rough on the family to see her like that and they don't know what she was actually thinking or feeling.

My rant for the day: I hate US foreign policy! NO, don't reply to this, I am already in an argument elsewhere, I just want to rant....
I HATE that the military industrial complex is in charge of a lot of things and will most likely risk the lives of my daughter and sil and so many other young people to NO, NOT defend the US ( which would be perfectly acceptable, of course you have to defend YOUR country if attacked) but places I could care less about like Taiwan or Ukraine or Kuwait or what not. They are not our business!. And I am sick and tired of it being justified by bringing up Hitler! Everything they do is for money and control, that's all. And they justify it by brining up Hitler. " Oh but but but...if we don't defend Taiwan, some evil Hitler will kill everyone" . NO, they will not. Taiwan is full of Chinese people they speak Chinese. It would be no different from Hong Kong being part of China again.
Same with Ukraine. I DO NOT CARE what happens in Ukraine. At least wait until China tries to take over Hawaii or something.
I know my daughter signed up willingly to be in the military but it still bothers me. End of rant

My rant for the day: I hate US foreign policy! NO, don't reply to this, I am already in an argument elsewhere, I just want to rant....
I HATE that the military industrial complex is in charge of a lot of things and will most likely risk the lives of my daughter and sil and so many other young people to NO, NOT defend the US ( which would be perfectly acceptable, of course you have to defend YOUR country if attacked) but places I could care less about like Taiwan or Ukraine or Kuwait or what not. They are not our business!. And I am sick and tired of it being justified by bringing up Hitler! Everything they do is for money and control, that's all. And they justify it by brining up Hitler. " Oh but but but...if we don't defend Taiwan, some evil Hitler will kill everyone" . NO, they will not. Taiwan is full of Chinese people they speak Chinese. It would be no different from Hong Kong being part of China again.
Same with Ukraine. I DO NOT CARE what happens in Ukraine. At least wait until China tries to take over Hawaii or something.
I know my daughter signed up willingly to be in the military but it still bothers me. End of rant
"They" are  protecting their own personal investments!!

I ordered some stuff from Amazon.
Twice this week the package has gone from the Seattle area to the East coast, one to CT & and one to Baltimore, then back to Seattle then to me on the other side of the state.
It cannot be cheaper or more efficient to send packages all the way from coast to coast and back to the original coast.
If they would stop this stupidity maybe they wouldn't have to raise the prime membership price.
Is anyone paying attention at Amazon? I think not.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with the sentiments about Ukraine & Taiwan. I don't care what language people speak, it doesn't make them less human to me. And even though I am on the record of not liking people I still do care what happens. But that is on me and I don't and won't expect others to feel the same so I won't argue. We can all agree to disagree on that matter.

Friend STILL has not been paid by his employers. His gf had a miscarriage at work. He had to go pick her up and take her to a doctor in Lake Charles. When she previously had miscarriages with her narcissistic ex in the picture, that jerk never took her to a doctor. One of the times she had bleeding endometriosis/endometritis (I can't remember which) & she asked him to come pick her up & take her to the doctor. He whined and picked her up but refused to take her to the doctor. Brought her home and griped up a storm about how much she was inconveniencing him & what a burden she was to him. She had to get another friend to take her to a hospital. She almost died that time. But, this time my friend wanted to make sure everything was OK & because she saw a decent doctor for the first time they told her she's miscarrying because of her blood type. Her body is rejecting the fetuses because she needs some sort of injection. So next time she will get the injection. At least she knows the cause now.

Mom's stupid APC keeps shutting off and the modem is plugged into it so I have to keep going over and turning it back on-- and its not easy to get to under her desk. My main gripe is how it kept shutting off when I was in the middle of doing stuff on the internet. I know, first world problems.

lonewolf, if I had better experiences with ebay I'd probably buy more from there but I've had a lot of bad transactions where stuff wasn't as advertised. Some stuff turned out to be fake, others that said they were "new" were used, other stuff that was supposed to be working was broken, some stuff was not as advertised. Out of all of those times only once have I been able to get my $ back.

She doesn't need the injection until she's 20 weeks along, Zannej. Was she that far along? A second injection is needed after delivery of the baby, too.
No, she was only 4 weeks and the doctors said her body rejected it because of her blood type. They gave her the shot after she miscarried. She's still feeling pretty lousy-- cramping and feeling sick.

I am so slow at hand-sewing that it took me over 10 hours to make a better cushion for Mom's lap tray. Stupid thread kept pilling, then snagging. It also kept tangling up. I would have used wax on the thread but I couldn't find the candles I got for waxing threads. Stabbed my fingers multiple times, dropped the needle, misplaced the pin cushion, & generally was a total monkey. Got it done though. My back is aching something fierce and after a nap I woke up with a cat butthole pressed to my face.

@Amish Heart sorry you guys had to deal with that. My experience has been in the last couple of years we have created a very lazy culture of caregivers.
More specifically in the ICU, the nurses want to intubate sedate and paralyze everyone. During COVID this would happen in order to rest the lungs and treat lung injury, but it is not indicated the majority of the time.
In the ICU I work at, our vent days and sedation days have more than doubled since 2019, and we haven't really been treating a large amount of COVID patients since last year. I actually am going to the nurses meeting tomorrow to present this data and insist that management put some sort of training in place. It's very annoying - as even when we round on patients, half of the nurses don't know what is going on with their patients and 3/4 of them haven't even been there a year. A lot are travelers and in it for the money. I walk by several times a day to check on patients and often find them browsing the internet or on their phones watching videos on tik tok --- of course its always the younger nurses or travelers.
We had a patient that had been reintubated twice for respiratory failure with one nurse, she wanted to leave him in bed all day with restraints on because "he moved around too much". You can bet I reported that to the nursing manager who is perhaps the most ineffective moron I've ever met. Having warm bodies is the criteria, places are so short staffed anymore.

Agree, and I'm not very sympathetic towards the nurses. I know it's hard work. But either do the job right, or don't do it at all.
Last night's infusion went well, no waiting around and getting home after midnight. This morning, though, was interesting. We were supposed to go to the infusion lab for the first one of the day, and the doors were locked to the main entrance, and not a soul around. They are supposed to open at 7am, Monday thru Friday. Had to call a nurse on the 5th floor to open the entrance, I had to get a wheelchair, retrieve husband, she had to open the doors again, and that all took a good 30 minutes to get him where he needed to be and in the infusion chair. We left at 8:45, and there still wasn't anyone at the main entrance. The next one this afternoon and the night one, we have to go thru ER and go the long way anyway. They don't make it easy.

The lazy nurses make it so much worse on the hardworking nurses. I have friends who are nurses & they complain about the lazy/incompetent nurses. On another sister forum of this one there is a nurse who lost her mother to medical malpractice from nurses at a care facility. She can't give too much detail as there is some pending litigation, but prior to that she was saying she came in and her mother's oxygen tube was disconnected & none of the nurses caught it. One of my nurse friends talked about working at a nursing home facility where one of the workers would claim he changed bandages and dispensed meds when he marked the chart but the date on the bandages showed they had not been changed and the medicine count showed he hadn't given them. Complaints to management amounted to nothing because he either had some blackmail material on the lead or he was being protected by her for some reason. Friend eventually moved and changed to oncology instead.

I hope things go smoothly tonight Amish. I've encountered facilities that were supposed to be open but the doors were closed so it required going a roundabout way. One of the places required taking an elevator to the 2nd floor, going across an overpass, then taking an elevator down (other option was stairs up and down with the same walkway). No consideration for handicap patients who didn't have wheelchairs and couldn't walk very far.

I have a new rant and I'm super pissed about this right now. It's about the loggers that tear up the road out here & also cause a lot of obstruction of traffic. They often park in the road and block it and have to get in and move their vehicles (which could have been parked out of the way but they chose to park blocking the road entirely). I guess they got tired of moving out of the way because they went out and bought a bunch of bogus "road closed" signs to put up. My brother was trying to drive to work & they were parked in the road. He laid on the horn for them to move. They told him he had to turn around and go the other way. He told them "Like hell I do! I live out here and you don't have the authority to close the road! MOVE!" so they moved their vehicles so he could pass.

But, the signage they put up is the problem now because Fedex seems to think they are legitimate & refused to deliver to me today because of them. I'm currently on the phone with HomeDepot trying to get them to tell Fedex (whom I cannot reach via phone) that the road signs are bogus & that the logging is happening AFTER my street. I'm trying to figure out who I can call about the bogus signs to have them removed as I'm sure it will interfere with my Samsclub delivery as well. It's pissing me off that I can't get deliveries because these clowns put up bogus street signs. I'm pretty sure they don't legally have the authority to close public roads so they can cut down trees. They already drive on the road after rain (which they are not supposed to do and there are signs stating that) and they fill in the ditches so they can cross to get trees out and don't dig the ditches back out so there is flooding and then it costs our tax $$ to send people out to re-dig the ditches. They act like they own the public roads. It's bad enough some of their signs are sticking out into the roads but this is so annoying that now Fedex has another excuse to refuse to deliver to me. The Home Depot rep just told me that Fedex has her on hold so she's trying to get in touch with them to tell them to ignore the signs.

Anyone know who (if anyone) I could report the bogus signs to and have them removed? It is outside of the city limits so it wouldn't be anyone within the city. I want those stupid signs removed. If they just said they had logging work up ahead that would be one thing. But to make it look like official signage claiming road closures is agitating. They've never done this before and I doubt they got proper permission from the parish authorities to put up those signs. They also knocked down my street sign with their trucks and its lying on the ground.

Update: She passed the message along to ignore the signs & they will deliver tomorrow. Now if I can get in touch with Samsclub people...

Latest posts

Back