Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I respect people who treat others with respect & who aren't jerks.

Beyond frustrated with mail delivery stuff. I had to nag the hell out of Fedex to get my air fryer delivered. They didn't put it by the door but at least it made it to the porch.

But now my Samsclub order, which was supposed to arrive today is "delayed". I looked at their info and it showed shipping label created a few days ago and nothing since then. Most likely means they lost it. They lost something I ordered for over a month before delivering it. Other things never arrived. Or got misdelivered.

Meanwhile, my amazon order from last week appears to be lost. They mailed it on the 18th (which was supposed to be the arrival date according to the website). Came out of Humble TX. Then for some inexplicable reason it went to California. Two different towns there and then back to Humble TX on the 20th where there has been no update since. Probably lost. I'm about to tear my hair out. I was going to use the plumbing part from that order today but had to cancel and I'm still waiting. They don't sell the part anywhere locally or even at the big box stores an hour away. Amazon was the only place where I found it. Ugh. The Amazon delivery places have lost at least 4 of our orders this year alone.

All this frustration has given me a headache.

PROFESSIONAL DIRTY GIRLS!! Zip it back up guys, I'm talking about the ladies room in the downstairs of the building I clean! I might stop in during the week just to see what goes on in there! Only five women use this restroom!! Not available to the public! A while back I did put up signs saying please flush, but I don't think the building owner would let me put up signs saying please don't pee on the seat! And none of these gals could ever play basketball, they can't hit the trashcan with their paper towels!! Guess I should pick my battles, I did break Cheeto Fingers of her bad habit!!

I respect people who treat others with respect & who aren't jerks.

Beyond frustrated with mail delivery stuff. I had to nag the hell out of Fedex to get my air fryer delivered. They didn't put it by the door but at least it made it to the porch.

But now my Samsclub order, which was supposed to arrive today is "delayed". I looked at their info and it showed shipping label created a few days ago and nothing since then. Most likely means they lost it. They lost something I ordered for over a month before delivering it. Other things never arrived. Or got misdelivered.

Meanwhile, my amazon order from last week appears to be lost. They mailed it on the 18th (which was supposed to be the arrival date according to the website). Came out of Humble TX. Then for some inexplicable reason it went to California. Two different towns there and then back to Humble TX on the 20th where there has been no update since. Probably lost. I'm about to tear my hair out. I was going to use the plumbing part from that order today but had to cancel and I'm still waiting. They don't sell the part anywhere locally or even at the big box stores an hour away. Amazon was the only place where I found it. Ugh. The Amazon delivery places have lost at least 4 of our orders this year alone.

All this frustration has given me a headache.
There seems to be a general problem with any kind of delivery to you. If I remember correctly, you live out in the country. Ever consider putting up a box or bin by the road and the driveway, something that is attached to the ground like a mailbox is? No, it won't have delivery at your front door, but it might be more likely to get to you. I know someone who has a delivery box out front with a hinged lid due to package theft. When they first got it, they kept a padlock on a hasp on it, until it had been there long enough that it was no longer noticed. They no longer use the padlock, and they no longer have packages stolen. I have one of the large rural mailboxes with a printed message that it is for all deliveries, UPS, Amazon, etc. Just a thought, since it is several delivery people who haven't figured it out.
Are your roads properly labeled? You might be able to get better signage put on your street.

This is not a rant but a question. What is it about other people that you respect?
When I was a much younger person than today I had a period of self examination in which I chose to try to make myself someone that others would respect.

When discussing this with my wife the question came up? What do people respect?

Is it:
Wealth
Strength
Talent
Honesty
Courage
Integrity
Loyalty
Education
Fame
Religious

So what is it that people respect today?
Dignity
Education/wisdom I mean life educated, not book. College grads are some of the dumbest people on earth!
Loyalty.
Self-respect

Mine has said the same, but I discount that comment because she has yet to visit a man's bathroom at most gas stations.
LOL..SO TRUE. I went in one at a Hardees resturant, turned and came right back out. I'd never seen a trash dump look that bad. An outhouse would have been an improvement over that place. They closed not long afterward

What woman would pee like that? I think Magus is right, there's a tranny.
I've seen it.
Drunk girls at a football game when there is a line at the women's bathroom.
No, they won't sit on the seat because drunk guys have already sprinkled it.
And no, girls can't aim worthadam either:mad:.

How the heck do females manage to pee on the seat???
Various ways. Sometimes if we lean back too far and have to pee really badly it can come out with such force that it sprays the seat. I had that happen once in middle school. TMI I had to go so badly that I hadn't fully adjusted my seated position and it shot right out. I did wipe it up though. And ever since a car wreck, I have a leaky bladder. Sometimes I don't make it all the way to a seated position before I start leaking and it gets on the seat. But, again, I always wipe it up.
There seems to be a general problem with any kind of delivery to you. If I remember correctly, you live out in the country. Ever consider putting up a box or bin by the road and the driveway, something that is attached to the ground like a mailbox is? No, it won't have delivery at your front door, but it might be more likely to get to you. I know someone who has a delivery box out front with a hinged lid due to package theft. When they first got it, they kept a padlock on a hasp on it, until it had been there long enough that it was no longer noticed. They no longer use the padlock, and they no longer have packages stolen. I have one of the large rural mailboxes with a printed message that it is for all deliveries, UPS, Amazon, etc. Just a thought, since it is several delivery people who haven't figured it out.
Are your roads properly labeled? You might be able to get better signage put on your street.
I've thought about that, but the heavier stuff wouldn't fit in a bin and I don't want to have to lug it something like 500ft to the door from the front gate. It's a long way. Plus I want it to be closer to the house where it is harder for the neighbors to pilfer.
We have street signs but the pole that had my house numbers got broken in a hurricane. Still need to get the front gate back up but can't find anyone to do the work and I can't physically do it myself. I do need to put out some numbers. A big part of the problem is they can't even find my road. USPS misspelled my street name in their system and refuse to correct it because they don't deliver to me. They left a letter out. I got google to correct the spelling by sending them a photo of the street sign and informing them it was spelled wrong, but most official maps spell it wrong. I've been told by some of the drivers that they HATE my road because it is so bumpy and full of pot holes. Its hell on their vehicles.
What woman would pee like that? I think Magus is right, there's a tranny.
In areas where they have different toilet customs, some women stand on the seat and squat. But one reason I've heard is some women don't trust the seats to be clean enough to sit on. My uncle's wife is convinced you can get STDs from toilet seats so she would never sit down fully on a public toilet seat. (She's now disabled and doesn't use public restrooms). There was some sort of scare going around about stds from toilet seats and some women believed it. There are those paper covers but those are a pain to mess with, don't block pee that is already on the seat from soaking through and touching your skin, and then they can stick to you when you're trying to get up. My policy is to wipe the seat down with some tp before I sit.

I've had to use men's bathrooms when women's bathrooms were full and I really had to go. I'd say they can be equally nasty.

At least people are going in the bowl. There was some horrible person who was mad about something at their job so he started crapping in the toilet tanks at the office. Made sure to do it to every single toilet in the building.

My samsclub order finally shipped and they set the package on to of my truck. At least it was on the hood where I could see it. I've cleared the walkway and trimmed the blackberry bushes back so they don't go over the sidewalk

It has been way too hot to do anything lately. I can't function in the heat. My brain won't work. I got a refund on my amazon order for a plumbing part and re-ordered it hoping they would send it on Friday. Nope. Still waiting and the original part is still lost at a facility in TX. The 2nd one shows as being at an amazon carrier facility in Humble TX. That's where the previous one got lost. At this rate I could drive out there and back faster than they seem to be at delivery. Hmm.. Odd. on Amazon's page it says Humble but on the USPS site it says San Marcos TX. Ah wait, detailed view said it made it out of Humble and to San Marcos. Ok. At least it didn't get sent to California. Yet. LOL. And I'm glad it didn't get sent to PR.

Don't mind my babbling. Its so damn hot here. LOL.

Last edited:
Link to the thread, Havasu? (I'm lazy). Ah, updated post with link. Thank you!

So, I looked up where San Marcos is and its WEST of Humble instead of EAST. I'm on hold with Amazon CS asking them WTH is going on with my package bc it is now over 8hrs away from me when previously it was only 3hrs away. I could have driven to Humble to get the package by now. Sheesh. If I knew where their facility is at this point I'd drive and get it and ask Amazon for some kind of credit for the gas expense to go pickup my own damn package since they seem incapable of delivering to me. It's not even getting hung up on the rural area issue right now, its not even making it to my damn state and I am beyond annoyed about it.

Ok, got off hold and she at first said USPS has it. I gave her tracking number and said Amazon Shipping has it. She then confirmed they have it and contacted them to send them a message about making sure it goes to the right state/address. I hope they get it right this time. She said the previous one showing "delayed' means it is lost, which I figured. Delivery for my package was supposed to be tomorrow, but given its 8hrs away there is no way in hell it will be here on time. Even if it makes it to the post office tomorrow it will be after closing and they won't have it read until Tuesday at the earliest-- probably Wednesday.

Last edited:
Look, I understand that accidents happen but seriously clean up after yourself! Or at least tell someone that works there if it's beyond your ability alone! I once went in a bathroom and there were smeared bloody handprints on the wall, toilet, trash can, toilet paper dispenser, door. No sign whatsoever that the person even tried to clean any of it up. Disgusting. The other night I was out with a friend and someone had projectile vomited all over the toilet and stall. I had to go tell an employee.

Mine has said the same, but I discount that comment because she has yet to visit a man's bathroom at most gas stations.
I've been in both - usually because there is a huge queue at the ladies and then you can't get near the sink because they are doing make up. And when I have someone with me to 'stand guard'. I've also cleaned both when I worked in a hotel. Women's are worse. They expect people to clean up after them, tissues etc - men's -in general, doesn't have rubbish on the floor and sink counter. Lots of women 'hover' when peeing. But not well. Especially when drunk, in high heels or there's no lock on the door and you've to keep an arm out for the door 😂

If you ever get to visit the Eiffel Tower, they have a "Uni-Sex" bathroom at the top of the platform. There are two open rooms, side by side, with one urinal and one toilet. Standing next to the bathroom is a toilet attendant, and since the crowd is quite large, he simply points to the next guest with a #1 or a #2, then directs the females to the toilets and most men to the urinals. It is so tight up there that the women must squeeze by you as you are doing your business. I just wonder how this toilet director is chosen for this job?

In Korea the Army brought in a 40 foot trailer bathroom for the Navy. There were stairs on both ends but no men or women signs. When a group of women went in one door I figured the other end was the mens. Nope it was one big open trailer with toilets on one side and urinals on the other side.
All the women giggling was a bit much but when you got to go you go.

Latest posts

Back