Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure. Little granddaughter is exhausted. Had a shower and got to bed at 9:30. That'd be really late for a schoolnight for her. Drama with the boyfriend/girlfriend thing with the teens. Grandson's "love' is not speaking to him I think because of hanging with the guys. He also hung out with Granddaughter's boyfriend, who hung out with Grandson's girlfriend. It's Halloween. For the little kids. The teen drama is ongoing. But with twins in the house, it's always something.

The first thing I did upon retiring was threw away my alarm clock.
Me too.
It's the most liberating thing a man can do :D .
I wake up when I'm done sleeping. My body decides that, and no Dr. appointments before 11:am.:waiting:
Micro-rant: Robots sometime call my phone before 9:30am.:mad:
@backlash did you have to get a new clock that tells you what day of the week it is?
I did. None of the best clocks do.:(
And no matter how many times you check the mailbox, if it's sunday, nothing is in theregaah.
My clock:
91NLHw6eocL._AC_SX679_.jpg

(and HUGE numbers and letters that can be read from across the room, by an old guy, without his glasses :thumbs:).

Last edited:
Yoga pants should be outlawed, only two kinds of women wear them:
Those that call you a misogynistic pig. (I had to look it up) if you admire what they're displaying, and
those who are trying to put ten gallons of lard in a five gallon bucket, usually too old to look at otherwise.
why take a thing of natural beauty and make it look like a sack of potatoes? (Sing it with me guys! I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT DENY...)

barf emoji.png

I once had a woman growl " what are you looking at" I replied I was just thinking what a beautiful woman you were and then you opened your mouth and ruined it.

I am not certain I was even looking at her as much as I was spacing off in her direction.

Last edited:
Mama's Kia SUV had a recent problem. Her electronic gas door release button quit working. Fortunately, there was a hidden panel in the back hatch that allowed you to access, and pull the wire cable, which would open the door. That got old, real quick.

I called the Kia dealer who said to replace the bad switch would run me about $400, since it was very complicated.

I went to good ol' You Tube, which showed me exactly what I needed to order from Amazon, and another You Tube video showed how to remove the driver's door panel, to access the switch. I ordered the switch for $28 on Saturday morning, the switch was delivered Sunday morning, and within 30 minutes, the switch was installed and working!

I love saving money!

I never understood the thing of being mad at someone for looking at another person-- ok, maybe if a guy is ogling a child or someone clearly underage-- I can understand that being creepy. Men will stare even if the clothes aren't tight sometimes. Now, if they make comments, that is a different ballgame. I wore tight clothes as a teen because I found them comfortable. Now I hate tight clothes.

People in my area are super greedy. There wasn't as much candy this year because the mayor banned trick-or-treating so by the time I went to the store today all the clearance candy was gone (and mom had gone with me wanting clearance candy).

A friend who works at Walmart posted this:
1635833044625.png

Said if she was joking she deserves an Oscar and that a feeding frenzy was about to start.

Got a call today that my g/f's BFF was at death's door, and asked for us to say goodbye at the hospital. We rushed down, but were turned away saying "no covid jab, no entry allowed ". Just another way to punish the non-jabbed. Now that pisses me off.
No mask alternative? Sounds like California.

Got a call today that my g/f's BFF was at death's door, and asked for us to say goodbye at the hospital. We rushed down, but were turned away saying "no covid jab, no entry allowed ". Just another way to punish the non-jabbed. Now that pisses me off.
What a shame! Punishing someone who is dying as well! How horrible! So sorry☹️

They said we could go 5 miles away, spend $150 for a rapid test, and she could visit. Her kids were there as well. They're not jabbed as well, and didn't have the money for the test. Since I'm vaxed, I went up to say my goodbyes, but she was out of it, under heavy morphine. Masks will only work up to the front lobby.

They said we could go 5 miles away, spend $150 for a rapid test, and she could visit. Her kids were there as well. They're not jabbed as well, and didn't have the money for the test. Since I'm vaxed, I went up to say my goodbyes, but she was out of it, under heavy morphine. Masks will only work up to the front lobby.
Hopefully she knew you were there!!♥️

...In a hospital that is full of people that they KNOW already have covid. :mad:
Your g/f was not allowed in because she only might have covid?
That is awful!:mad:

Last edited:
Spandex - It's a Privilege, Not a Right. 😬

jd
Hubby and I were in Sam's Club a while back and the woman in line in front of us had on dark blue stretch pants. She was large, the pants were not! Certain areas of the material were not blue, but rather see through because it was stretched SO much. Ok, wear your choice of clothing, just wear the right size!!

Well this is the rant thread and I ain't done yet! :mad:
The suggestion of the rapid test confirms that their vax mandate had absolutely nothing to do with protecting your g/f from covid.
Her bringing back a negative test would only mean that she is 'fresh meat' as she walks into a building full of dozens of people exhaling covid virus particles.

So, her negative test is supposed to somehow make the people inside the hospital safer?
How? They are swimming in 'virus soup' in there all day, with dozens of people constantly exhaling covid virus particles everywhere. One more person walking in that is not spewing virus will make ZERO difference, other than they are guaranteed to walk out with covid.
One more person walking in that is spewing virus would only make a tiny difference.
Instead of 60 spewing, you now have 61. Wooptee-damdoo!:mad: Stupid!

This mandate/restriction only makes sense if you are going into some building full of unvaxed, vulnerable, covid-virgins.
Not the one building in town with the highest density population of people sick with covid!!!:mad:
I need a beer.😠

Last edited:
Her kids were there as well. They're not jabbed as well, and didn't have the money for the test.

This is disgusting, bad that you had to be confronted with this kind of idiocy. But her kids!!! People should go to jail for this.

Where are my sailor manners? I should tell ya'll what I really thi... never mind.

I have a cure, I ran into a dumb piece of poo like your nurse. I said. I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in their precocious vaccine,
so until they come out with a version without it in it, I got to wear THIS damn thing or I might die, see these pink filters? the CDC says
they'll stop F***ing EBOLA, So shove over and let me in or I'll sue you for disregarding my disability. (AKA an allergy.)

I got in.

Oh yeah. the My little pony, no baloney Ebola filters are here, they gotta' be pink or any nearby CDC fanboy will call you on it!
https://www.zoro.com/3m-combination-cartridge-bayonet-ov-p100-blackmagenta-60921/i/G0408581/

Attachments

• breather2.png
    breather2.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 30
Well this is the rant thread and I ain't done yet! :mad:

This mandate/restriction only makes sense if you are going into some building full of unvaxed, vulnerable, covid-virgins.
Not the one building in town with the highest density population of people sick with covid!!!:mad:
I need a beer.😠
Hospitals - especially large ones) - are full of bureaucrats, Those folks are special. That beer needs whiskey in it or behind it.

I'd need a beer, too, Supervisor if I had to put up with that California garbage.
And Magus...they should be happy you're wearing that mask instead of the surgical mask that does nothing.
My rant is granddaughter again pushing my patience. So no yoga pants, but skin tight blue jeans in so many sizes too small for her that it must of taken her hours to get on. She comes down stairs ready for school and I tell her no way. She argues that they are not yoga pants, but jeans. Still no way. And in the laundry for the third day in the row are hoodies. Worn once, if at all. Three of them this morning that would of been a full load of laundry. Hoodies are worn as jackets by the twins because they wouldn't be caught dead wearing their proper jackets. But who would wash a jacket every single day? I folded them up like they were washed and will give them back to them.

I'd need a beer, too, Supervisor if I had to put up with that California garbage.
And Magus...they should be happy you're wearing that mask instead of the surgical mask that does nothing.
My rant is granddaughter again pushing my patience. So no yoga pants, but skin tight blue jeans in so many sizes too small for her that it must of taken her hours to get on. She comes down stairs ready for school and I tell her no way. She argues that they are not yoga pants, but jeans. Still no way. And in the laundry for the third day in the row are hoodies. Worn once, if at all. Three of them this morning that would of been a full load of laundry. Hoodies are worn as jackets by the twins because they wouldn't be caught dead wearing their proper jackets. But who would wash a jacket every single day? I folded them up like they were washed and will give them back to them.
You deserve two beers!!

Sad day today for me. Went to wall mart to do my monthly shopping, and behind me was a couple at check out lane. He was loud and seemed to be loudly complaining about everything. His wife, I think, reached over and grabbed a pack of gum off the rack there and started putting it in their small cart. He demanded that she put it back, and continued to criticize her and belittle her in front of everyone at the store. I have never seen mental abuse before, only heard of it, but anyway, while he was paying for the stuff, she looked at me and our eyes met for a moment, and it was as if she had been suffering this abuse for a long time. I have seen this look in the eyes of dogs that have had a lifetime of abuse. This is still bothering me even after a few hours here at home, and knowing there was nothing I could do to stop it, without ending up in jail myself.

Sad day today for me. Went to wall mart to do my monthly shopping, and behind me was a couple at check out lane. He was loud and seemed to be loudly complaining about everything. His wife, I think, reached over and grabbed a pack of gum off the rack there and started putting it in their small cart. He demanded that she put it back, and continued to criticize her and belittle her in front of everyone at the store. I have never seen mental abuse before, only heard of it, but anyway, while he was paying for the stuff, she looked at me and our eyes met for a moment, and it was as if she had been suffering this abuse for a long time. I have seen this look in the eyes of dogs that have had a lifetime of abuse. This is still bothering me even after a few hours here at home, and knowing there was nothing I could do to stop it, without ending up in jail myself.
His day is coming...
One day the guy standing in line behind him won't be so 'nice'.:waiting:
People like that also find themselves kicked to curb and living in a cardboard box.
My wife's previous husband was a "controller".
I helped her pull the plug on him.
These people only play off of other people's weakness.:mad:
"Hey mean bastid, meet well-funded attorney!"😲
He was so spineless he didn't even show up for his divorce hearing... which I will tell any man, is the stupidest thing you can possibly do.
They find out that 'court orders' are special laws that apply only to them.gaah

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back