"REALESTIC" ONE firearm choice for long term SHTF reality.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard they didn't make them anymore.....

I had one when I was in Alaska.....work well if on grid.
It is the Monitor brand that that they don't build anymore. I believe the factory burned down. They were both designed by the same guy. They are okay if you know how to repair them and have access to parts. They keep redesigning them and then quit making the old parts so you have to buy a new stove. I used to be a Toyo dealer. I never installed one in my home. They are easy to install and if you are on the grid they are a viable answer.

Or……….
Next week

7 mm pistol

Attachments

• IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
It is the Monitor brand that that they don't build anymore. I believe the factory burned down. They were both designed by the same guy. They are okay if you know how to repair them and have access to parts. They keep redesigning them and then quit making the old parts so you have to buy a new stove. I used to be a Toyo dealer. I never installed one in my home. They are easy to install and if you are on the grid they are a viable answer.
What do you think about a home made Rocket stove

I made one in my yard and can cook a stew just using sticks I pick up while cleaning the yard

Last edited:
Few details
72098980728__F3F9074D-2324-48B0-9A30-B6BEBD5F971C.jpeg

I want to vacuum this holster butt. The issue of if the vacuum hurt the sealed nitrogen chambers, good question
Worthy of investigation. And shout out to the right side of my brain who is usually sullen , argumentative and lets face it an AH. But Today. Whoop. Whoop. We are all good

Called burris and was told “gord heard” others have walked your path before

72098432448__1CBF6BA4-4889-468E-91D7-A02B7EED7F9B.jpeg

Client notified and I am waiting on a go/no go. 💡

Remove the scope, install PVC pipe in the scope rings. Add extra PVC at each end of the PVC pipe, the same diameter of of the ends of the scope. Vacuum away. Just an idea.
S why? Manufacture said vacuum was good to go

Your suggestion is what i would do if he said no

Sorry, I did not understand the good to go.
That’s ok. I am speaking that southern, slang, that half the time I don’t even know what is being said I just nod my head in agreement and hope I did not sell something important for little of nothing

IMG_0593.jpeg
72101598220__CBE22A3B-4AFB-483A-AC9A-29F6FD0D8CDB.jpeg

Few details View attachment 119171

I want to vacuum this holster butt. The issue of if the vacuum hurt the sealed nitrogen chambers, good question
Worthy of investigation. And shout out to the right side of my brain who is usually sullen , argumentative and lets face it an AH. But Today. Whoop. Whoop. We are all good

Called burris and was told “gord heard” others have walked your path before

View attachment 119172
Client notified and I am waiting on a go/no go. 💡
I have the one on top with the Bisley grip. How much?

That is #42 out of 45 made
The owner says you or anyone else is welcome come and talk to him about buying it, he says he never gets tired
of saying no.

Matter of fact we are meeting up next Saturday at the Home Depot around 7 am
Come on down and bring cash lol I

IMG_0600.jpg

I have the one on top with the Bisley grip. How much?

Sorry Magus. I got confused
The cost to leather up the 44 mag is $180

Before you run and scream. It is :
3-sq ft of 9 oz Herman oak veg tan
3-sq ft if 6 oz import veg tan
Brass buckles
Brass rivits
Saddle tan antique paste
Resolene sealer
Tan kote sealer
Usmc black
Bla ck resolene
2-3’ vacuum bags
2 1/2 days labor

One firearm for SHTF?

IMHO this is primarily answered by a single question. What quantity of ammunition are you able to access?

If you have virtually limitless access to whatever ammunition you can use by stores or caches then I sincerely believe the best single firearm would be a lightweight semi-auto 30 caliber rifle such as the POF rouge with a white light/lpvo.

In SHTF there are no hunting regulations and all game can be taken by a .30 cal rifle. While some would scoff at using such a rifle for applications such a small game it's important to remember that I predicate this choice on virtually limitless access to ammunition. In such a case, one can shoot game birds when they've landed and small game can be effectively taken with headshots.

What's interesting to me is the poachers .22lr argument where people would use .22lr as a general use hunting round and stretch its effectiveness by shooting larger animals in the head- I believe it's a far better "1 weapon policy" to instead shrink the ability of the .30cal and shoot the smaller animals in the head seeing as those opportunities are generally more frequent and closer range as you would still maintain the reach and the oomph of a more significant caliber for body hits on the far less frequent and far more important large game opportunities.

Also, .30 caliber rifles are obviously effective for self defense and a semi-auto splatform is more than adequate to perform such a role. The ONLY thing this gun couldn't do is wingshooting- which is merely sport hunting imho. For this reason I believe such a rifle beats out the versatile 12g due to the fighting ability and range of a rifle. This modern "scout rifle" as it were would be the closest thing one would have to a practicable do-all weapon.

Now, with all that being said. If you are limited in your autonomy by the size/weight of rifle/ammunition I believe that a .22lr comes into play then for sheer reason of capacity. The argument for the quietness of .22lr goes out the window once suppressors and subsonic ammuniton is added to the equation anyways.

Latest posts

Back