Recreation/Games

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The thought just popped in my head (scary thought I know). Do any of you enjoy games of some type for recreation, or just to get your mind on other stuff? Wife and I play backgammon or various card games when we take the 5th wheel somewhere. Rarely play at the house. I play Risk with some of my in-laws when we are together. But my favorite is Chess. I started playing on line 2-3 years ago and really enjoy it. I've played off and on since middle school. Played a lot in the early 80's then not much after that till recently.
What say you?

About half of our family are chess players, so there's always a chess board handy. I love board games, and we play often. If it's with the young grands, I play scrabble with them. Good for their spelling. Although our youngest daughter loves to play, too, so we clean up the board. Mixed ages playing, then it's "Apples to Apples". I like Monopoly, and the grandkids are starting to like it. The favorite game around here lately is Zombienopoly, and sometimes Life.

There are so many new games available and you can't find them in stores. A friend writes reviews for games so manufacturers send her stuff to try. She has a lot.
I love playing games. Not so good at chess.
Scrabble.
Card games like Egyptian Rat Slap with regular decks of cards.
Spoons regular cards and spoons
Uno
Skip bo
Mille Bornes
Othello

The wife reads a lot to relax. I don't read near as much as I used to. I do play video games occasionally. When we visit the kids we often play board games, settlers of catan is one we often play though we play many others.

When my girls play Egyptian Rat Slap there is usually a lot of screaming, yelling and and loud laughter. You need fun players, @backlash . Lol

When my girls play Egyptian Rat Slap there is usually a lot of screaming, yelling and and loud laughter. You need fun players, @backlash . Lol
They all seem to be having a lot of fun playing but I just can't get enthused about it.
In the Navy I played spades, hearts, pinochle, and acey-deucey, a variant of backgammon, for 12 hours a day for 9 months straight.
Guess that was enough to last me a lifetime.

No games for you. I've had my times where i couldn't deal with playing games either, but I'm in now.
I don't play online games much.

We used to play Black Tower when it first came out. 1980s. Everybody wanted to come over and play.
How about things like billiards? @backlash

No games for you. I've had my times where i couldn't deal with playing games either, but I'm in now.
I don't play online games much.

We used to play Black Tower when it first came out. 1980s. Everybody wanted to come over and play.
How about things like billiards? @backlash
Nope I can't really think of any game I like.

Backlash, you hit the game we play. Acey-Ducey. We play backgammon some, but the other seems to be more fun.

Patch Skip Bo is our favorite card game. Uno is fun to, as is rummy. I love most any billiards game. just no access to a table. The only ones I know of are in bars. Bad tables, drunks, and obnoxious crowds just don't do it for me.

I play some xbox online games(Rainbow 6 siege, Forza 3, Crew 2, etc), but only with friends (I can't stand most of the players online) Rotating "poker" card games during the winter with friends. When the weather is warm, we are all outside "playing".

Bocce, or bocci. A yard game. Haven't played in a long time, but a lot of fun when the weather is nice.
There are a lot of action games put out by cranium that are fun with kids.
Chinese checkers. Battleship. Risk. Apples to Apples. Mancala.

CHESS, checkers, chinese checkers, card games.
Years past hiking,camping & fishing.

I still use my Atari every now and again. Usually it's Jawbreaker or Centipede......although, I have lots of games I could play.
During family gatherings we play games that the kids bring like Splendor.....it took a bit to learn it, but once you get the idea it's a fun strategy game.
Hubs and I will play cribbage every now and again.
I like Euchre but many of our friends don't know how to play and it's a process to teach, so sometimes I'll play on yahoo online, but haven't done that in ages.

X-Box Fallout, strategy board games and a few card games (Texas hold'em and Euchre). I never play board games or cards with the In-laws! They visit for a few minutes then argue over whose turn it is, disagree on the rules and then repeat at every turn.

Latest posts

Back