Reusable items

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some mesh bags and my wife uses them when she is buying vegetables instead of the plastic bags.
I have a box full of pill bottles and there are very few thing I use them for. Once you store all you little items, make a fire starter, salt and pepper shakers, battery storage for a BOB there's not much use for the rest. I'm still not going to toss them away, they're just too good.
I bought a sham-wow and cut it into smaller pieces and we use them for dish cloths. They have been washed and dried several time.
Micro fiber wipes are another thing we reuse till they are wore out then those go in the rag bag.

We reuse celery stems. Just stick it in dirt and water and get a new celery plant.
People eat that stuff? I have been known to lick the peanut butter out of them long long ago in grade school.

I use bread sacks in place or zip lock bags. Lip locks leak, Bread sacks don't. And I have a lot of empty bread sacks. I have a tote of boxes of zip locks but I guess I'll save them for hard times. I gave away an Alice pack (Minus the pack) of bread sacks the other day.

I've started using canning jars to hold food (pancake mix, rice, grains) to keep them fresh longer. I do reuse the lids as the vacuum pump will work with them.
We buy bulk nuts for snacks, we have 6 old plastic containers with lids that once held nuts. We wash them and then refill them with a recipe using bulk nuts.
In my growing stations I use hard plastic starter cups and heavy starter trays, many have seen several seasons without showing signs of wear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back