Sad Sack Or Dumb And Dumber?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Something has happened to us this past couple years. We keep making some really bad decisions and I think most of them are mine on my to do list. Some are also good ideas but the balance has shifted.
I think it is too much going on.
One of our younger dogs saw the AC unit we bought for their dog house she LOVED and looked at me like what did you do. Well it was hubby who tried to drill in a hole in the damn drain pan that somebody at the factory left closed and freon blew out . Dog has not forgiven us she got to use 3 days before it started slinging water out because the dang drain holes were closed. :mad: So hubby tried to plug it and fill it back up [ he is certified auto AC tech ] but it won't take in the freon.
My old dog can't take the heat and I can't take her dander so thought I put her up against house with cheap small AC unit.
Now that it is getting hot again we are wondering what to do for her when it gets into 100s here.
Campers, AC, gh heating, van gas leak fiasco, etc,etc,etc, it is time fro some serious breaks. Our son said don't touch anything else till I get there [ kiddign ?] , :oops:

Well at our age we need to be more careful or ask advice before we do something. What made me think of it was the look on that dogs face like she knew we tore up her comfortable cooling system. It was on sale fro $139.00 so we put it in doghouse.

A big pan of water with ice cubes....a doggie swimming pool...maybe you will be forgiven...LOL

LOL, the old dog won't use kiddie pool we tried that. And the other two run thinking it is bath time. The only one who got wet was me trying to put her in it.
She was in the shed with me looking around and spotted her AC unit, the look on these dogs faces sometimes.

Something has happened to us this past couple years. We keep making some really bad decisions and I think most of them are mine on my to do list. Some are also good ideas but the balance has shifted.
One of our younger dogs saw the AC unit we bought for their dog house she LOVED and looked at me like what did you do. Well it was hubby who tried to drill in a hole in the damn drain pan that somebody at the factory left closed and freon blew out . Dog has not forgiven us she got to use 3 days before it started slinging water out because the dang drain holes were closed. :mad: So hubby tried to plug it and fill it back up [ he is certified auto AC tech ] but it won't take in the freon.
My old dog can't take the heat and I can't take her dander so thought I put her up against house with cheap small AC unit.
Now that it is getting hot again we are wondering what to do for her when it gets into 100s here.
Campers, AC, gh heating, van gas leak fiasco, etc,etc,etc, it is time fro some serious breaks. Our son said don't touch anything else till I get there [ kiddign ?] , :oops:
I used to put gallon jugs 2/3 full in freezer put it in where they lay. Always keep 1 in freezer to swap out.

I used to put gallon jugs 2/3 full in freezer put it in where they lay. Always keep 1 in freezer to swap out.

I did that for my chickens in the run! I put a fan in front of the frozen jug of water (or behind, don't remember now) to make a swamp cooler!

No, your son means it. If he is inclined to helping you, he doesn't want it any worse.
I can relate. It's not really bad decisions in these times, it is decisions that happened around us that affected us so badly. It's our not being prepared enough, decisions we made long ago that included having a large family and mom not in the workforce for the most part.
If it were me, I'd get another ac unit and worry about the hubs fixing the messed up one whenever.
Sorry, you can't hang with the pups. If you wash the dogs more often, would that help? Our vet had told us to wash the dog once a week when pollen was bad.

No, your son means it. If he is inclined to helping you, he doesn't want it any worse.
I can relate. It's not really bad decisions in these times, it is decisions that happened around us that affected us so badly. It's our not being prepared enough, decisions we made long ago that included having a large family and mom not in the workforce for the most part.
If it were me, I'd get another ac unit and worry about the hubs fixing the messed up one whenever.
Sorry, you can't hang with the pups. If you wash the dogs more often, would that help? Our vet had told us to wash the dog once a week when pollen was bad.

Son is always on the road or on a plane . He isn't even in the country half the time. But he comes around every few months. He has 4 kids and 6 grandkids and lives 800 miles away in Texas .
Dogs will have to make do with ice like yall recommended I guess. :dunno::Thankyou:

tapatalk_1457425494637.jpeg

Something has happened to us this past couple years. We keep making some really bad decisions... Our son said don't touch anything else till I get there ...

Be patient and listen to your son.

I'm at the point in life that I'm starting to realize my mind isn't sharp as a...sharp as a...anyway what my mind tells me what I'm capable of is getting less and less in agreement with my actual capabilities or body.

A good indication that we are getting older is when our children dare to give us advise AND the advise is correct!

I'm at the point in life that I'm starting to realize my mind isn't sharp as a...sharp as a...anyway what my mind tells me what I'm capable of is getting less and less in agreement with my actual capabilities or body.

A good indication that we are getting older is when our children dare to give us advise AND the advise is correct!

So true and good advice. :thumbs up:

10629671_728841887191947_4301623251828177662_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back