See My Christmas Tree,

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My baby girl's Birthday is the 21st. We decorate the house for Christmas sans the basement family room. That is the NO CHRISTMAS birthday zone. That's where we celebrate her special day, ON her special day, so none of the pictures have Christmas decor in them. We have also made it abundantly clear that combination birthday/Christmas gifts are forbidden, as is using Christmas wrapping paper on birthday gifts or consuming of holiday treats. Want to see my wife go into aggressive Momma Bear mode, violate one of those expectations. I am pretty sure that the budget for her birthday gifts is a bit higher than the other kids too.

Happy Birthday @Terri9630!
Thanks Sentry. I always got one "big" present. Tell that little one Happy birthday, but not until the 21st. Don't wanna make Momma mad.:D

Thanks Sentry. I always got one "big" present. Tell that little one Happy birthday, but not until the 21st. Don't wanna make Momma mad.:D

Ha Ha. I will be sure to do that. This morning she go to go to the spa with he Mom so the birthday cavalcade has already begun.

This thread made me think of that Christmas some years ago where my wife was sleeping in a recliner with a newborn while the rest of the kids and I opened gifts. That little girl did not care about mixing birthdays and Christmas. I am not sure my wife even remembers that Christmas. :)

There, got my Christmas tree all set up!

demo(2).png

Hope this comes through. We to have downsized the tree. We used to put up a ten footer, but it was a lot of work to put up and decorate. We don't have any "believers" in the house anymore, so we opt for what is easier. I take NO credit for any of it. This is 100% my wife, and I think she did a great job.

1640008631773.jpeg

Last edited:
Such variety and they all are beautiful! At our house I have the easy job, I haul the tree out of storage, put the three sections together, and run extension cords to it. My wife makes it beautiful, and she does such an amazing job - it's a bit different every year, but there are some constants like the starfish topper we got on our honeymoon, and some of everyone's favorite childhood ornaments :)
Christmas Tree 2021.jpg

Such variety and they all are beautiful! At our house I have the easy job, I haul the tree out of storage, put the three sections together, and run extension cords to it. My wife makes it beautiful, and she does such an amazing job - it's a bit different every year, but there are some constants like the starfish topper we got on our honeymoon, and some of everyone's favorite childhood ornaments :)View attachment 77468
Ditto for me.
Assembly, electrical... and the icicles, all me! :D
IMG_20211220_212602.jpg

(...The other 2 days of work - my DW :oops:)

Not sure what our plan is. My wife has started getting decorations out, but trees aren't up yet. When I was a kid we didn't put the tree up until Christmas Eve. I still don't think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

My son has interesting decorations in his tree.
1701258811464.png

1701258851620.png

I have two trees. Only about 4-5 ft tall. I haven’t put them up in a couple years. Just too darned lazy.
Thats why I like this one, pull it out of the box and put in 3 AA rechargeable batteries. Later I will pull out the manger scene and put the skirt on the immodest tree :p

Latest posts

Back